Tucson Master Yoda World Tour

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Jun 27, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey all. Many of you weren't around for the Darth Vader World Tour. A guy from the Boston Rebels set up a "World Tour" for his 12" Vader figure. There is a website for it and fan forces took Vader and posted with him in front of famous places or local hangouts.

The Santa Cruz Fan Force is going to be doing this with a Yoda figure. Would you all like to get on the list?

More info is available here
  2. Jamesmorbidia Jedi Knight

star 1
    why not? Why miss out on the fun :D [face_dancing]
  3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I totally agree.. sounds like fun. I'm game as well
  4. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK, I've posted that TFF would like to receive Yoda.

I'm asking about the schedule. The VAder tour got whacky cause some FFs kept him too long so they made they schedule a bit stricter at the end.

They also will require us to ship Yoda with confirmation which really isn't a problem. Just letting you know. I'm going to ask how much Yoda weighs when we find out the schedule and the next city from us.
  5. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Thank you for making this thread so I didn't have to, LOL! :p

So far our only deadline is that Yoda HAS to be in London at the very latest by Dec. 3 (when Ewan finished Guys and Dolls). We're gonna to start putting a cap on the fanforces allowed in it, then start planning.

As for how much Yoda weighs, I'm not sure. I'll ask Kim. :D
  6. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That would be helpful to know, Miana along with the schedule. Fan Forces can then calculate how much it will be to send Yoda from fan force to fan force.
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    so we will have to pay to ship him to his next destination.. is that right.. is that the only fee involved.. I would assume so.. and then do we take him to a few destinations in tucson.. or only take one photo with us as a group.. I could see making a mini scrapbook with a dozen or so pictures.. like Yoda at the meeting.. Yoda spending the night at soinso's house.. Yoda playing ROTS PS2...Yoda making dagobah stew for all of TFF. stuff like this.
  8. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Yoda weighs about 1 pound. :)

NEWS:

1) We are putting a cap on joining the tour. The last day to join is next Friday, July 8th. (You guys barely squeaked in. If any of the other Fanforces in your area wish to join, let them know quick!) ;)

2) Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda. The layout of the book has not been completely decided, yet once we know, you'll know. ;)

3) And lastly, I am going to need a contact person. Someone in the group who will take full responsibility of Yoda and ensure that he is properly shipped off (and will also send the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi, so we can keep track of him.)

IF I DO NOT HAVE A CONTACT PERSON BY THE TIME THE TOUR BEGINS, I AM SORRY TO SAY WE SHALL HAVE TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE TOUR. :(

What I need from the contact person:
    Name, home adress, email, and phone number. No, I'm not going to sell it online. :p Only two people will have a list of contacts: myself and Master--Kenobi. We need your adresses for shipping, email address to say "Hey, he's on his way, hey he's stuck in a blizzard, etc..", and the phone number will be a "just in case."

Please have your appointed contact person PM me with this information.

Thank you all and we're very eager to begin the tour!! :D
  9. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    if anyone wants to be the contact person then speak up now.. otherwise I will just do it. This way we know we have it taken care of.. but I am all for anyone that wants to do it to be the contact person. I just do not want us to miss out from being wishy washy and not making up our minds.
    ":)
  10. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As long as we get Master Yoda by next June :p I'll do it. :D

PMing info now.

Oooo, I can think of lots of places to take Master Yoda for pics. Like the Tom Bunyan at Stone and um, whatever cross street that is and the boot at the Tack Room and at the mouth of the Snake bridge downtown.

Do I hear an "Force Yeah" for A Mountain? \m/
  11. Jamesmorbidia Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh A mt. is a definate. Thinking the fox theater too since it is almost finished being restored.
  12. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    "A" mountain.. hey that one is easy.. it is my front yard ... yes.. and maybe one of the standups at pinnacle peak.. yoda in the cowboy photo cutout..
  13. Daikon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yoda definately needs to go to Pinnacle's, in a tie!

And if we (Phxff) make the list maybe we could just trade. Perhaps meet somewhere like the ostrich farm or the real Pinnacle.
    Then again, any excuse I can use to have some Pinnacle Peak steak and beans is good for me!

-D-
  14. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    anyone have an old starwars tie they care to donate for the cause.. I have some ties.. but none that are sci fi related. That would be pure fun.
  15. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    How about YODA in the shoot out at the OK corral, in TOMBSTONE... next to the Boot Hill graveyard's Clanton/McLowry's grave??
  16. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    How about Yoda with a speach bubble (like a comic) or a sign that says
    "But, a dry heat it is"
  17. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is from the meeting and is by no means the exhausted list of places we could take the green guy.

The following locations were discussed for taking Yoda when we get him:

McKale Center w/Lute Olsen
    KRQ and ObiWan
    Pinnacle Peak
    Old Tucson
    Desert Museum
    Cactus
    Tack Room boot
    Father Kino (downtown)
    PCC sign
    I-10
    A Mountain
    Paul Bunyan at 1st or Stone or wherever he is
    Rattlesnake Bridge
    Casa Molina
    Tucson Electric Park
    DM Airforce base and graveyard
  18. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    kewl.. Just keep us updated on what info you get back Jada. So we are prepared. We will make our event calendar as soon as we get the dates. How many people have digital cameras.. I actually have that on my todo list.. though sooner than later is probably good at this point.
  19. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Okay, I need to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone! Fanforce USA SouthWest is the ONLY region where EVERY SINGLE FANFORCE is participating in the tour! =D= [face_dancing]

And as to date: It looks like Yoda won't be passing through Arizona until summer 2007. PLENTY of time to plan. ;)
  20. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    wow!! amazing I knew it might be a year.. never realized it would be two years!! Yes.. a long time to plan.. that gives us something to work forward too.. when the going gets rough we have to remember we have to still be around summer 2007 to host Yoda. We could be a shining star example by then.. not to get on a high horse or anything.. however... sadly I am not sure Jada will be here then.. what of it Jada?? I guess too far in the future to give a guarantee for anyone at this point.. but at least we have a date to plan for now.
  21. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Yoda's Travel Itinerary!

London, England
    Central England
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Malyasia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    Southern Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, California
    Inland Empire, California
    Orange County, California
    Los Angeles, California
    San Francisco, California
    Sacramento, California
    Spokane, Washington
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Cleveland, Ohio
    London, Ontario - Canada
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    Buffalo, New York
    Rochester, New York
    New York City, New York
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Washington DC
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Macon, Georgia
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Southern Colorado, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Provo, Utah
    Tucson, Arizona
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Southern Nevada, Nevada
    HOME!!

Saving the best fanforces for last... ;)

We're very eager to begin. Thank you for participating!! :D
  22. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    <Yoda>

World traveler he is , hummmm.....

around planet goes he...

travel far Yoda does, yes....

Travel light or no travel, that is the plan....

(</Yoda>

Sorry, I guess I should not post when I first get up, it was funny when I was half asleep

:)
  23. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    much excitement bring to our lives it will [face_mischief]
  24. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    You for got the multi-climate all terrain Biosphere 2.

Biosphere Rebel Tuskin Base, hmmm.... :oops:
  25. timstephens4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Woohoo! We get Yoda before Phoenix! We get the cactus shots. We get all of the "Arizona" shots.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby