main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mastering the Dark Side

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darkness_Himself, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    Ok, first off... I'm not really sure where a thread like this is supposed to go, but since it's very possible to bring up EU events/characters I decided to put it here.
    Sorry if I missed the forum.

Now...
    My theory on how to master the dark side...and live for the rest of your unnaturally force-expanded life.
    The dark side is stronger in many ways, but it carries with it a great flaw. Overconfidence. Arrogance. All of the Sith Lord that I know of, fell because of their arrogance. Sadow thought he could take on the Republic, Kun thought the same, Palpatine was simply overconfident, so certain of his unparalleled genius that he thought nothing could fool him.
    Also, all of them turned to the dark side for similar, if not the same, reasons. They wanted huge amounts of power, right here and right now. And power they got, but what if it was too much for them to handle? They thought they could control it, and it was their undoing.
    So, what I think is: What if someone was to study the ways of the Sith, as if he was studying the Light Side?
    That means, he goes step by step, slowly, carefully, patiently. A cold and calculating mind, not some arrogant whelp who hates the Jedi because they are "holding him back."
    Whenever I presented this theory to someone, in most cases they would say "Oh that's impossible, the whole point of the dark side is that it's users are impatient and arrogant megalomaniacs."
    Wrong!
    So far all of it's users were like that. The dark side, IMO, is simply another approach to the Force powers, one that is wrongly used. If it's easier to master (at least on first glance) that doesn't mean you have to do it like that.
    The error was not in the dark side itself, or Sith teachings, but in how people used these.

I think, if there was a strong-willed, coldly calculating, strong in the Force kind of person, who would look beyond the moment, beyond having power now, who would look at things in the long run - someone who would study the Sith carefully, in detail and with patience. I think, that if someone managed to master the dark side in such a manner - he would be almost unstoppable.

Opinions?

2. Valacar

Valacar Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2004
    Revan.

3. JimmyZ

JimmyZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Darth Revan is the Epitimy of what you ask. He was overthrown because of his Apprentices cowardice.

He was cold and calculated, though he may have risen quickly like most Sith Lord's, he exhbited the demeanor needed to be a powerful Sith Lord and to control his power enough to move wiht the flow as simply as it was to train as a Jedi for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.