main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Masterless Padawans in Episode III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I'm really enjoying the Dark Horse Clone Wars comics.

One major theme running through them is the fact that inevitably, many Jedi perish in the Wars, which leaves many Padawans without their Masters.

It leaves them without guidance, wisdom, and support, and must be an emotionally grueling experience.

To fit this topic into Episode III, I was wondering if anyone thought we might see them in the film.

Anakin hunting down the Jedi as Darth Vader would have even more impact if it was mostly younger Jedi - Padawans - that he was killing.

I'm not talking about Bear Clan-type youth, that's a little too young. But I can see a bunch of young Jedi quivering as Darth Vader strides down the hallway.

2. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    I would like to see this. I can imagine Anakin/Vader killing some teenager looking padawans. If this happens, I think it would be something like Yoda mentions the loss of many jedis somewhere near the beginnning of the film, and then having Vader slaughter some young people later one. I don't think the film will go into great detail on this, but people could figure it out if they think about it.

3. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I was under the impression that if an apprentices master was killed before they were finished there training that it would be taken over by another jedi master, I am also curious to how this would be handled during the clone wars, things would be undoubtedly hectic, and there proably would be no time for such formalities as finding masterless apprentices new masters.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    While I don't think there will be any scenes in this regard during EPIII, it is a very interesting subject. I could see this as a large part of the "self-destruct" the Jedi go through during the Clone Wars that makes them so easy to defeat after the fact.

5. Mauls_Other_Half

Mauls_Other_Half Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    I also don't think we'll see something this subtle in Ep.III...there just won't be time to explore this kind of thing. I think the interim media will possibly touch on this subject...the clone wars comics and cartoons.

However, there are also plenty of fan films out there, which deal with the subject of a padawan avenging the death of his master at the hands of Vader, or just being one of the many jedi hunted down by your friendly neighbourhood Sith lord.

No doubt you've seen them...some are quite good, but you have to watch some duds to get to the good ones. Wander around the force.net fanfilms theatre if you haven't already...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.