main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Masters and Padawans -- Creating a 'mission statement'

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Trials,you ask? Oh yes,young one,trials.Wish you to become a knight of the Jedi Order,do you not?
    You'd both be able to help in putting together some of the things that would make up parries,attacks and defences for lightsaber fencing along with Liz Skywalker.

2. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I was gonna bring my two pratice padded sabers with me to show you some of the basics but I was praticing with my brother and took a whack in the knuckles.

And all I got was wierd looks when I walked in with the KB bag so no blue ghost life for me. (If your lost myself or master 66 will explain sunday.)

3. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    sweet. I'd love to see your techniques. ^_^ Yes, after I transfered here when moving (I originally took San Kil Tang Soo Do) Do you train at one of his academies? I train in Monroeville..

4. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I love planning things!!!(chris-Stacina and I are co-chairing the two biggest SADD events at our school) Am I the only Padawan without training in some type of fighting???I took 7 years of ballet...does that count? I'm flexible.

5. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Let me put it this way, if I learned karate, then the queen of england is a black belt. I call myself karateyoda because of the end of AOTC, yodas moves rival matrix characters! I know karate as much as I know math...not at all!

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Well, ballet is an all-body combinational excercise. I wouldn't worry. You'll probably find, as I did, that several moves mirror ones you learned in different situations.

7. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Yep I train at the kittanning and indiana schools.

8. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    Ok I don't feel so un-talented now lol.

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Awesome! ^_^ maybe we can get some practice in at the meeting.. I know Max is bringing a lightsaber or two.. we could share- I'm also bringing my beat up purple one.

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I've been involved with choreography in stage plays and can come up with a choreographed set of moves that we can film and maybe make a fan movie of.
    WDYT?

11. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i'll definately have my lightsaber at the meeting.

12. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    I will get a red toy saber (one of those ones that you flick and the blade shoots out, there really cheap but fun) and a purple one for Whitney if I can find um. Purple and red seem more rare then green and blue. Plus if were going to battle, someone needs to be the bad guy, which means a red saber :)

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Okay folks, using your comments in this and other threads, here is what I have assembled as the proposed Guidelines to the Jedi Padawan Society.

What do you all think about it?

The Jedi Padawan Society
    Steel City Jedi Knights
    Guidelines

Purpose: A mentor program for the younger members of the Steel City Jedi Knights. It provides the opportunity to develop friendships with others that share the love of Star Wars and have some fun.

Masters:
    At least 21 years old and one year active membership in SCJK. Active membership means attending and helping organize events, in addition to posting on the boards.

Master must introduce him/herself to the Padawan?s parents and maintain a friendly, open relationship with the parents.

Although not expected to be a surrogate parent, the Master is a mentor and is expected to set a good example for his/her Padawan. (Use your common sense and don?t break any laws!)

Master helps provide transportation to and from events and meetings and is responsible for his/her Padawan during events and meetings.

Master should share with Padawan his/her knowledge of the Star Wars Universe and any other interests the two might have.

Padawans:
    Between the ages of 10 and 18. Padawan must have his/her parents? permission to participate.

At events and meetings, he/she is expected to behave in a manner befitting a Jedi Padawan. (No setting Rox on fire)

Padawan will complete missions given to him/her by Master and/or Council to the best of his/her ability.

Padawan should share with Master his/her knowledge of the Star Wars Universe and any other interest the two might have.

Council:
    Monitor all Master/Padawan pairs and intervene if it seems there are any problems.

Council must give approval for a Master/Padawan pair to be ?official.? The Council has the right to refuse a request to be a Master, but must explain why.

Council will judge when a Padawan is ready to become a Knight.

The Trials:
    Content to be decided by the Council. The Trials could include building a lightsaber, organizing an event, knowledge of the Star Wars Universe.

In addition to completing his/her Trials, the Padawan must have also demonstrated that he/she is a contributing, positive member of the Steel City Jedi Knights.

14. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

15. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    aye works for me

16. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    Chris, what about the sabers? Come one teach, we need some saber actio too!

17. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    It is most definately all in order and sounds really good.
    As for the lightsaber drills,Karateyoda,I'd have to say that this may not directly involve the council,as I would think the members of council will be involved to some point or level.This would be more of a group and/or pairs handled situation,and not neccacary to be included in the trials (as any of our membership would have no "real" need to be capable of "striking someone down").

18. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    But we have no "real" need for a padawan, its made for fun, and lightsaber fighting is fun! ;) If the council does not wish to have "play" time with sabers, and I know for a fact that some want to as well as me, then heck I will just have a saber party at my house, noone can stop me there :) BTW Sal, that sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to be part of a fan film, funny or serious!

19. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I figured Lightsaber fighting fell under the categories of 'sharing SW knowledge' and 'missions'.

I didn't want to make anything too specific, as it seemed the general attitude was don't organize the fun out of this . . .

20. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    WOAH,no no,don't get me wrong here.the first thing I want is for everything we do together is to be FUN,without doubt!That's why I'm not involved in the previous hobby I had,it wasn't fun anymore.I'm not sayin we don't need them(only meant that as in "real life" as in 'no one would need to be goin around beatin the crap outta someone else' get my point?).I'm absolutely positive that EVERYONE will want to be involved (esp,our jedi)as I would hope all would want to be,me included.And yeah,being part of missions and sharing knowledge is a fine idea and work very well for all involved.
    I appologize if I misspoke myself,karateyoda.

21. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    I understand- it'd be like a thing mostly done w/padawan & master, but occasional entire council teaching would be welcome. Me likes! ^_^

22. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    You got it,chick!!!

23. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey jedi 1966, no worries, im not mad at ya. I just wana play with sabers :), which I imagine we would do now :) I just thought it would be fun for us to do, thats all, and was if anything dissapointed noone liked the idea. :( oh well!

24. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    Lightsabers are extremely necessary. Chris-Stacina and I dueled in a theater when the movie cut out. We were restoring peace to the theater.

25. karateyoda17

Jul 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.