main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Masters and Padawans

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Sep 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    This is a sequel to BDP's Jedi Padawan thread. A place where Masters and Padawans can chat, compare notes, plan outings, etc.

Anyone interested in a M/P outing? When and Where?

We (Sal, CSR, S-C & I) had an excellent time yesterday at the zoo and dinner. Most of the planning, by the way, was done by our clever padawans (good training for the event they must organize for their trials ;) )

2. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey guys im glad you had fun, I love the zoo and animals. I wish I could have gone. Was the Rhino out? Hes my favorite, hes so big and fat.

3. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    (gulps)
    I am afraid of the trials, master..
    (whimpers)

4. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    rhargh!!!Rhino smash! oops sorry wrong Rhino! You may not be my padawan but the trial are nothing to faer.

5. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Fear? Fear.Where does this path take us if we allow it?
    You are MUCH stronger than this...

6. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    No I heard the trials are really hard and a lot of questions that no one knows I'd be afraid and scared and mad at the trials if I were you

7. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    *takes deep breath*

A Jedi knows no fear. ^_~ And DarthDahc, I am not going down your side of the path, so don't even get out the welcome mat for a new sister in the Sith ways.

I will face the tasks that the council will give me with strength, courage, and humbleness (is that a word? :/).

^_^
    In any case, what kind of outing would we want to do? If you guys want to come down to the waterfront, I'm sure I could arrange for some reservations for any restraunt down here (except for like, ya know, McDonald's or something)
    Perhaps this would make it easier- there is a movie theatre, dave and busters', shopping, and literally any restraunt for your tastes.

Anyone, to your liking?

8. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Wonk Ay

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    ^_^ Hey buddy!

10. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey Stina, if hate wasn't the path to the dark side I would so hate you ;)

I'm kinda worried about the trials though too. I was so for taking them before I became a knight, but now I just worried about the million questions I'm gonna screw up. I am soooooo bad with trivia!!

Hey BTW, has it been decided exactly what the trials are gonna be? I know that there's trivia (Eep!) and an event to plan but what else is there?

As far as anything you want to plan saber, I'll be happy to participate in it no matter what it is. Well as long as it doesn't get in the way of work...which it probably will. Since I have to work like every weekend. Stupid pizza outlet! UGH!

11. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, ok... since you all keep asking, here is what the trials will consist of:

1. Wash Fluke's Car.
    2. Walk BDP's dog every day for a week.
    3. ..... ok. So I lied.

We honestly don't KNOW what the trials will consist of yet. They may end up being slightly different for each Padawan, according to the Master in question. While Sal tends to prefer trivia-oriented thing, I tend to prefer activity-related things and tests of patience. I can tell you, Whit, that what I'm planning for part of your trials... I have EVERY reason to believe you will do great.

12. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    How about this, what would you padawans like to see be part of the trials?

Okay now Masters, what would you like to see as part of the trials?

Basic trivia should be a given. I will not give questions so obscure that noone but me or Brendon can answer them. Here's a good idea. Look through the "Diplomatic Corps Entrance Exam" book, this along with the SW encyclopedia are where I would get most of my questions from. (I will stay mostly with the movies and a few questions in regards to EU books)

Also, planning an activity.

I still think it would be cool to see a choreographed saber duel between the specific Master/Padawan.

Do well in school! (As best as you can, I understand circumstances can stress you out and you can drift sometimes, just DO your best. Remember there is no TRY.)

Okay what else?

13. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Saber duel saber duel saber duel!!!!

I like the bulid you own lightsaber idea too.

14. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    *passes out*

Well, that's a relief, then.

Indeed, I am going to plan an event..
    An event in.. JEDI proportions..

^_^

15. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I think the build your own sabre is the best Idea and Saberpilot I have heard you are a great sabre fighter but, are you better than me, I challenge you to a duel at the meeting on sunday if you can make the meeting that is

16. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    (gawks)
    Humble as Master Yoda I am, okay am I at Saber fighting. ;)
    And as for a duel.. Master? what do you think? Is it stepping too close to the dark side?
    ^_~

17. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Dark Side? You forget who yer talking to, my young Padawan. I say kick some ass on Sunday.

18. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Saberpilot, let's just say that the best defense against another's saber is OFFENSE. GO GET 'IM!

(You asked for it DarthDahc!)

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Use the Chewbacca defense! It stops everything.

20. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Whit, kick his butt for jango and me.....YOU CAN DO IT :) HEHE Just jokin darth, good luck to the both of ya. I love seeing saber fights and fighting in um too, though I suck at um. BUT HEY I still have my count dooku saber from last meeting that I never got to use.

21. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Good luck Darth. I'm now taking bets now.

22. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    (looks around at everyone..)

How did I get roped into this? ^_^

23. Wonk_Ay

Wonk_Ay Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    Rope!!!! Kinky

24. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    ???
    CONFUZZLED!!!!!!!!!

25. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummmm, going back to serious commentary for a moment (just a moment then everyone can return to the normal weirdness)

How's about the 'exam' part of the trials (trivia) be done in private -- just the Council, the Padawan, and her/his Master? That might eliminate some of the nervous factor of having to perform in front of everybody. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.