"Masters of the Bow" a story by TK. A TK production.

Discussion in 'Indianapolis, IN' started by TK-616, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-616 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It?s Saturday at 2:30 pm. All is quite on this lazy Southern Indiana afternoon. I just got done watching some Tech TV and eating some Starburst?s. Good Times. My friend Joey rings me up on the cordless. Knowing I was in town for the weekend and understanding that my morning was spent seeing nothing, he suggested that we go up into Martin County with Jarrod and set up there for the afternoon. I thought, ?What the hell, might as well get out into a different area, what could it hurt. I?m always up for a good adventure.?
    I hit the clicker and check my gear before I throw it in the back of the truck.
    My pack is full of useful gadgets, scents, cover-ups, fox piss, my release and blacktiva mosquito net. I throw the pack in the back with my bug out camo, Rocky boots, realtree <HD> High Definition garments and my Warren and Sweet Imperial tree lounge. Life is good.
    I met Joe at Jarrod?s house around 3 pm., throw all our gear into his truck and take off for the open expanses of Martin County National Forrest. We come to an out crop of rocks and cedar trees that are on top of this dirt road that seems to be a mile long. We pull over and get gear ready and set for the evening?s events. Jarrod said that there were some big ones around here, but he hasn?t been around these parts since Turkey season 2 years ago.

So, with that, we all suit up and take our separate ways into the brush. After a long hike downhill about ½ mile, I come to a clearing in this briar and mosquito infested land that has a semi straight tree, just the right size for climbing. I set my stand up, tie my gear to the hoist rope and up the tree I go. I climb to about 20 feet set up and hoist up my gear. It?s a little warm out, so I spray the fox piss and cover-ups into the wind and on my clothes to cover up my scent. I grasp my death card, my Mathews Legacy compound Bow, 75 lb draw., with high country inline site system, dual cams, zebra twist string, no slide pulley system in HD Realtree Camo pattern. I pull out from the quiver, 32 inches of pain delivering fury, tipped with a lethal dose of 3 razor sharp blades that open on impact.
    This concoction of death from above will cut through the flesh of most anything, bestowing upon its victim a 1 ¾ inch gaping hole whereas the life blood shall spill out onto the ground below like the song of sweet rain onto the burning sands of the desert.

I wait.

6:00pm, 10 minuets of Daylight left, the chill of the night is coursing its way through the valley. I here a rustling in the distance, I peer through my rangefinder and notice a small brown speck moving warily through the brush. 100, 75, 50, and finally 45yds away, I see my quarry, the elusive deer. I range it in at 45yds in a small opening in the high brush, it stops for a mere second, eating a leave from some scrub bush next to the ground. It looks up and calmly walks just out of bow range. Another deer follows close behind. It too browses the brush and walks in to the 45 yard opening. I arise in my stand, perched so high in the tree, I lean forward to calmly contemplate the shot, it?s distance and the arrows flight path in accordance to the slight breeze from the west. As I am thinking, the mighty deer walks out of sight. ?Alas, today is not your time? I say under my breath. Five minuets pass, it seems like an eternity. I can once again here a rustling in the brush, it is the second deer, returning for some more of that succulent banquet of juicy brush leaves that it so adores. Once again, I stand up and judge the windage and elevation. I pull back on the weapon, it is silent, poised to deliver the man made bolt of lightning. I put the lowest most site pin marked for 40 yards just above the target and slightly to the left for the wind. I visualize the arrow?s flight path, it?s trajectory, speed, and it?s pin point devastation. I take a deep breath, and release.

I know the shot was true. I watched the arrow?s fletching twirl as it smacked into the animal with a small thud, like the sound of a baby?s hand hitting a soft silken pillow in the night. The forest
  2. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    This is either true or someone has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands, needs a hobby or should be writing romance novels.
  3. Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Now that it is some great force flippin' fan fiction.
  4. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    So did you keep him, or throw him back? I hate sport deer hunters who shoot 'em and release them back to the wild,... oh, wait. That's fishin'. Never mind. [face_blush]

I guess the important question is, WHEN IS THE COOKOUT? mmmmm venision... mmmmmmm...
  5. yodafett_77 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. thraken76 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hunting shows are boring to watch on TV. Did you really think I want to READ about it?

Oh well, as long as I gets me some deer meat treats, I'll be happy.
  7. MundiJade Jedi Knight

star 2
  8. Jedi_Gepper Jedi Master

star 3
    Things just get curiouser and curiouser...

Of course, I expect nothing more or less from TK.
  9. Naboo Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Bravo, Monsieur, such spirited words!
  10. sidra Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good shootin' (or Bow-ing), Tex.
  11. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd put some snide @ssed remark that I'm dumber now for having read that, but to be honest, I skimmed it and just got on to what everyone else commented.

Strangely enough, I still think I dumbed an equivalent amount. Go figure.
  12. Nerf_Herder Jedi Knight

star 1

WOW!!!! 45 yards!!!

Congrats!!!! How big was it anyway?

13. TK-616 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dressed in at 125 lbs.
  14. QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to take this time to remind everyone to properly cook all deer meat that you consume. There are some nasty things you can get if you don't cook it enough to kill them off.

This has been a zoonotic warning from your friendly local vet.

Resume ^5-ing the master-marksman!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.