main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Matrix: Reloaded, Revolutions and Animatrix (WARNING: Revolutions Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by darth_boy, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    This is now a spoiler thread. If anyone wants it to revert to being a spoiler free zone, drop me a PM.

Anyone else looking forward to the rest of the Matrix series?

I decided to start this thread for fans of the original Matrix film, as well as for people looking forward to seeing the 2 sequels, Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions & the Anime series called The Animatrix, so they can come and discuss the latest news and spoilers.

Personally I think that either these films or Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines ( ~T3: Rise of the Machines~ Discussion Thread ), will be the biggest sci-fi/action films in years, and a tough act to follow. This will be a bigger box office battle than AOTC and Spider-Man ever was. Reloaded will be releases mid-May 2003, a 2 month head start on T3 (July) and will be followed by Revolutions in November of the same year.

Here are a few of the good sites:

Official Site! Here you can see the first teaser trailer for The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, and also the trailer for The Animatrix. They also have pictures and stills from all three of these upcoming projects. The site comes in Flash and HTML versions

ComingSoon.net Reloaded page and ComingSoon.net Revolutions page
    Coming Soon regularly have the latest news on the films.

Yahoo Reloaded page and Yahoo Revolutions page
    Yahoo recently took over UpComingMovies.com, and their sites provide excellent info even before the filming had started.

i dont think there is any other thread on this....
    -------------
    -Comic Book Guy

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I am totally looking forward to the next Matrix. I'm just hoping that it's not going to be a disappointment.

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I just hope it's better then the originial one...

4. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Yeah Kat, i heard that the script was very Star-Trek style, which is a bad bad thing IMO

~~6200~~
    -------

-Comic Book Guy

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Star Trek style ? How so ?

6. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Ill try and find that report for you, i just hope it isnt :(

-------
    -Comic Book Guy

7. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Star Trek style? That doesn't sound good.

I'm hoping they stay true to the Asian roots of the film. The first Matrix really integrated a lot of Eastern cinema that mainstream audiences hadn't seen much off. I'm hoping for more of the same. And yes, I'm happy with a live-action Dragonball type movie. ;)

8. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    there's not only the martix sequels and T3 but also Charlie's Angels 2, X-men 2, Tomb Raider 2, and the Hulk. it's going to be a huge summer for blockbusters!

9. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Yeah but these two are of a similar genre.....and the sad thing is all of those are sequels, except Hulk but even that has been done before (TV series) and is based on the marvel comics

-------

-Comic Book Guy

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Why even bother with another Charlie's Angels ? Does anyone care ?

11. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    A lot of movies, more than I used to realize, are based often off of books or television shows.

Is the Matrix completely original; written for the big screen? I would have thought it was based off of some previous work.

12. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "The Matrix is overrated." - Mace Windy

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

13. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002

"I never even saw it" --citizen-tom

14. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    .....i knew it was a matter of time before windy got in here....

-------
    -Comic Book Guy

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    The Matrix Reloaded looks so damn good.

16. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I love the Matrix... I'm looking forward to the sequels....

That's all I have to say. [face_plain]

17. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The Matrix = silly
    Swords = good
    Keanu Reaves = silly
    Cool special fx = good
    "100 agents" = silly
    Trinity in tight leather = good

Overall? Who knows. I'll probably end up seeing this one, but not in the theatres.

18. Jedi_Wookie_Reborn

Jedi_Wookie_Reborn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    "I loved the first MAtrix!"

JWR, the original poster of the JC.

19. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    First off, these are gonna be dope. I'm not saying that the Matrix was the best movie of all time, but it seems like the people in charge are really pulling out all the stops for these sequels. For instance, right now I'm most stoked about the chase seen. Here's a rundown:

A 2 mile stretch of highway was constructed outside of Oakland strictly for a car chase sequence. The action and chase sequences they shot involving the highway were all shot simultaneously. What that means is that instead of shooting the difficult elements of the scene seperately and then editing them together in post-production, ALL of them were shot at the same time! AND, the chase seen is reported to last 15 minutes!!! Talk about total carnage.

I had an epiphany last night while watching the Matrix, and it became clear how 'Star Trek' is going to come into play.

Basically, the main theme of Star Trek, be it the original, TNG, or the movies, is humanness. Although the there were many themes, the central one was always the triumph of humanity against it's galactic opposition. Other species and aliens often times were smarter, stronger, had better technology, special powers, even omniscience. However, even at impossible odds, the Enterprise always triumphed because of it's 'humanness'. Basically, the point, was that humans have a special quality that not even deities like Q could conquer, and that is why the Enterprise(s) won.

Now translate this to the Matrix. Morpheus and Neo are up against impossible odds, against a much stronger opponent. This opponent has every advantage possible. It's technologically superior, has superior recources, and has superior intelligence. However, we will see the humans win in the end. Why?? Because the machines don't have that special something that only human beings have.

20. shine

shine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 1999
    Good point, WS. I just hope they come up with ground breaking special effects, instead of rehashing the first movie.

21. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I loved The Matrix. :) I had mixed feelings when I heard they're making it a trilogy, because I loved the first one sooo much I was afraid they'd screw up the sequels. [face_plain] I am going spoiler-free. :)

22. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    LL, it was always a trilogy, and anyhow the first film didnt really end the story...

------
    Comic Book Guy

23. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    There's a great article about the sequels in the new Rolling Stone. The author slams Star Wars and George Lucas a couple times, but I can forgive him.

There was a lot of spoiler info in the article that I had not heard before... very cool.

!snap

24. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Isn't there a good Matrix message board out there?

!snap

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Aren't the new special FX supoosed to be uncopible? (sp?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.