main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Matrix Reloaded?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jack_T_Chance, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    The Agent Smith scene is what I was refereing to as too long and forced. I did enjoy the car scene except Morfius semmed like a better fighter in the last one. I really enjoyed the Ghost programs.

While I had problems with certain parts of the movie I did like it. So there is no need to get upset, these are just my opinions

2. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    *Spoilers* *Spoilers* *Spoilers* *Spoilers* *Spoilers* *Spoilers*

Ok, Tim I agree with some of your points. The fight scene between Neo and the Smiths looked really cool, but at times looked like a CGI video game. Also, they used the stop/slow motion effect a little too much in that scene. That was a mistake because of all the CGI in the scene.

As for the sexual content, I did not feel that it was inappropriate for the movie. It is an R rated movie and I don?t believe that young kids should see and R rated movie. I did see R rated movies before I was 17, but my parents were with me. However, I felt the scene went on forever. Show the people dancing and them together, then cut to them laying there talking. The music was so load at the times in the movie it hurt my head. I also wondered why they would sneak away for sex when they live together on the ship. Malkie could me right about no sex on the ship, but they should have had a line about it.

To wrap-up, I liked the movie and will buy the DVD when it comes out. However, I feel it was over-hyped and did not blow me away like the first one did. But if you have only seen it once, you may want to see again. I enjoyed it more on the second viewing.

3. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    yeah, maybe I'll see it again. maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time around.

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, Neo was obviously CGI in portions of the Smith attack, but I don't believe it was all that distracting from the scene. I particularly liked the fact that when extra Smith's came in to the courtyard that when Neo hit one, 20 or so around were knocked back too and likewise when a Smith would hit Neo. Even at one point I think I saw Neo retract his arm to make a punch and inadvertently elbowed those behind him.

I saw the sex scene as necessary to expand on the Neo-Trinity love affair, because if they had been cold and only focused on the mission, it would have dissolved the belief that they were in fact in love. As I said before, going into the movie I had expected it to be more gratuitous, i.e. bordering on NC-17. So I was surprised that it was more of a racy PG-13, mild R-rated. You saw more nudity in the mosh pit/dance party scenes than you really did with the sex scene.

And finally, I agree with Ric, the music was way too loud for my tastes, but then again that type of music has never been my favorite anyway. So that was my only distraction from the movie.

5. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Question. They removed the plugs from Neo's back in the first one. So why are they there in this one?

6. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I thought that was strange too. I'm planning to view the first one again and pay closer attention to that. Maybe they didn't remove them all.

I have a feeling those are tied into his spinal cord and to remove them would paralyze him in the real world.

7. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    That is what I figured too. Maybe they took out part of them, but not all of them.

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, I know they didn't take every single plug out. Remember when he wakes up from the operations, that he's got a plug in his arm and pulls out the cable.

9. the-JEDI-are-NO-more

the-JEDI-are-NO-more Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2002
    RELOADED RULES!

I dont care wether or not you liked RELOADED I'm seeing it for the 3rd time tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.