main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Matrix: Reloaded

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Oh you got it the easy way. I know that there were all kinds of people willing to do things, paint things on themselves, and all kinds of crazy stuff for the tickets. All to see it at Midnight!

2. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    And all I had to do was buy a ticket, and see it almost two hours earlier. Heh.

It's freakin' awesome, of course. [face_mischief]

3. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Oh well guess I am just smarter than someone willing to paint themselves to see it.

Here is my official review..

it doesn't suck

There ya go. It was more than I had expected but still not all that.. But the effects sequences were just darn pretty. The brothers need to study up on how to do a middle chapter of a trilogy though...somebody send them a copy of the Holy Trilogy.

4. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Thank you ed couldn't have said any better

5. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Heath, do all the Reloaded prints have the Revolutions teaser attached after the credits? Just making sure I don't get a bum theater like I always seem to when expecting the latest trailer that's supposed to be attached to the movie I'm watching. :)

I'll be there at 9:35 Friday morning, if any of you are awake/not at work/school and wanna see it again.

6. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes every print made has the trailer for Revolutions at the end. The only bad deal..you have to wait through about 10 minutes of credits to see it but it is well worth the wait!

7. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    WOW! Just got back from ReLoaded. All I can say is WOW! I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. As far as I'm concerned, the movie was a few hours too short.

Tha worst part? SPOILERS BELOW

Waiting for the d@mn credits to finish so I could see the Revolutions trailer. You all weren't kidding, they took forever!

8. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I think everyone on on the eastern seaboard had something to do with this movie. jeebus I kept looking to see what I had done since with all those names I was sure mine was in there somewhere.

9. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I think we can all agree that the actual movie was much better than what Mike2 saw in his head!

10. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    But I dont think it was better then X2

11. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    "But I dont think it was better then X2"

Ed and I were talking yesterday about this yesterday. He agreed; I did not. I've only been a fan of the Matrix for about a year now, but I've been an X-Fan for over 20 years. I thoroughly enjoyed both X-Movies. No disappointments. I left X2 feeling well entertained and thoroughly pumped up for X3. However, when all is said and done I preferred ReLoaded to X2. Maybe because its a bit darker and grittier. That and the fact that I only have to wait 6 months for Revolutions.

Call me impatient.

12. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I'm withholding any judgment until I see the second half of the movie in November.

13. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    "...until I see the second half of the movie in November"

Ha! That seems to be a popular opinion of the movie.

14. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    and therein lies the major fault with the movie. It has no real conclusion.. or rather the movie actually concludes come minutes before they end it.

Look at some of the other good trilogies... Original Trilogy star wars..each movie while a part of the overall whole is complete within itself. Even Empire the "middle" movie is a complete story. Yet we know the whole story is yet to be told... Look at the current LoTR.. each movie again is a complete story within itself. Each movie ends at a point of resolution without trying to be like 50s-60s cliff hanger television. Yes I think Fellowhsip could have ended better but still he does not throw you into the next chapter then cut you off at the kneees.

I guess the crappy ending is my one real beef with the flick.. my others beefs are technical in nature that have to do with things like the editing of the film. But then I guess choice of ending is an editing detail as well :) The CGI effects I think in this were overused... should have used more of the martial arts choreography...after all the first film is really just a martial arts action film with a different wrapper. And THAT is not a bad thing :)

And I think that part of if is you know Neo is not going to loose a fight...it just isn't going to happen. He didn't even really loose the fight with the smiths.

And the only actors in the whole thing that look like they are enjoying themselves are Hugo Weaving and the guy who plays Link.

15. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    and therein lies the major fault with the movie. It has no real conclusion..

Well, that's like saying that what's wrong with a motorcycle is that it doesn't have 4 wheels, or that Lord of the Rings needed some AT-ATs to take out the orcs. It wasn't designed to. The Wachowski Bros. and Joel Silver have both stated that Reloaded and Revolutions are one movie chopped in half. Reloaded is not supposed to have a real conclusion. It's not designed to stand on its own, and it doesn't. The Wachowski Bros. accomplished exactly what they wanted: a 4 1/2 to 5 hour movie, in two segments. Joel Silver even stated that they thought about releasing both this summer. If they had tried to make two separate movies, but failed, then that would be a problem.

So, as I stated, I'm withholding judgement until I see the whole movie, although I have liked it so far. I do hope that Revolutions answers all the questions Reloaded left me with.

16. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    SPOILERS.........

I liked it a great deal as well, about the same as the first one. I did enjoy my X2 experiance over all a little more though.

The story as great and the spot they stopped it at was logical... least they didn't stop with Neo rushing to get to her or something like that...

Biggest grip... the FX, the Textures on the cloth was horrible in the Neo Vs 100 Smiths.. It was very cool yes, but it was more like watching a Final Fantasy CG then a "Photo realistic" movie. Also the Agent jumping on the care his clothes looked just not right. The movements where also not to fluid during the human CG parts (shoulda let the people from Final Flight of the Osiris have a crack at it)

I did enjoy the extra depth that was added to the Matrix as a program as well (like wind and animals, and others like Persefonie and even the guys that could only be killed with silver bullets)

Over all it was emjoyable and i'll go see it another time or two to catch stuff i know i missed.

Only thing that still has me wondering is how Neo stopped the Sentinals outside the matrix... Residual power from Smith? or a Matrix in a Matrix?

17. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    --------------
    Well, that's like saying that what's wrong with a motorcycle is that it doesn't have 4 wheels, or that Lord of the Rings needed some AT-ATs to take out the orcs. It wasn't designed to. The Wachowski Bros. and Joel Silver have both stated that Reloaded and Revolutions are one movie chopped in half.
    ---------------------

They can justify it all they like...doesn't change the fact that is bad practice in filmmaking. At this point I think we need to simply agree to disagree. You think they did a fine job I think they somewhat dropped the ball :) To each his own. Didn't stop me from seeing it twice and won't stop me from seeing the conclusion in November. They should have stuck with the original plan of only a three month separation.

18. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    While maybe unusual, the "to be continued" break has been used before. The break between Matrix 2 and 3 is very similar to Back to the Future 2 and 3. I don't remember how much time passed between its 2nd and 3rd, but I believe that it was at least a few months.

19. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Biggest grip... the FX, the Textures on the cloth was horrible in the Neo Vs 100 Smiths.. It was very cool yes, but it was more like watching a Final Fantasy CG then a "Photo realistic" movie. Also the Agent jumping on the care his clothes looked just not right. The movements where also not to fluid during the human CG parts (shoulda let the people from Final Flight of the Osiris have a crack at it)

Strangely enough Mike the people who did Final Flight of the Osiris was Squaresoft the makers of Final Fantasy. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

20. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    "Only thing that still has me wondering is how Neo stopped the Sentinals outside the matrix... Residual power from Smith? or a Matrix in a Matrix?"

Mike this is an interesting question. I have to wonder how true the Matrix within a Matrix might be. Think about it this way. Agent Smith has been "freed" by Neo and was even able to leave Matrix1 (the matrix we know about). Agent Smith just does alot of things like Neo is able to and it makes me wonder if the source is the matrix2 (one I am speculating about).

Who knows...just a hypothesis I had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.