main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Matrix Text affect...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Majin-Aussie, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majin-Aussie

Majin-Aussie Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I just cant figure out how to do that matrix text affect at the intro of the first matrix.

Basically, I just want to know how to make the text go down the page and the characters to keep changing. and some to flash bright green and so on, you know the effect.

Also, if you could tell me how to make it look like its imprinted on people (Like in 'Neo Vision' that'd be great.)

Thanks all!

2. dark_lord_biped

dark_lord_biped Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2002
    well if you are using after effects there is one at this siteae free market
    its ont 100% but doing some layering you can get some thing very close.
    hope this helped

3. Jophis

Jophis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 19, 2000
    thats actually spelled "effect" in the usage you are using, just for future references

4. dark_lord_biped

dark_lord_biped Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2002
    there are a few ways you can do the neo vision as you call it.
    make a the text effect then use footage of the actor on green screen or matted so that you have a alpha chanel. then set the test layer to alpha matte of the footage but make sure the footage layer is not visable at first.
    or you can do a gradient wipe useing the text layer as the graident layer. set softness to aroulnd 50% then adjust the wipe to taste.
    oh and for this i make a gradient line that is a bit larger than the footage.

once again this is in after effects

5. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, in "Neo vision" they frequently apply the coursing text as a texture to 3D shapes, which is how it flows down walls, around people's contours, and appears to be separate parts rather than a screen we're seeing through.

For the effects we've seen in the trailers, where the text is brightened and darkened in places, revealing a visual (the theatrical trailer, after Morpheus says "Here we go" and Neo puts on his glasses in code-vision), you would want to use the luminance (black and white) values of the video you are using as an alpha channel for the flowing text, as has been said.

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.