main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Matrix Vision FX Test...I SEE GREEN!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by BrentK7, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    hey guys, did a little Matrix Vision FX test. Like from the reloaded trailer. Kinda disapointed with the ending part, but i got tired of messing with it and thought maybe you guys would like to see it. ALso i know that the beginning is a little dark, i just thought it needed to get the proper contrast from the person.

D/L here
    http://www.fanflicks.com/innervision/projects/matrixvision_01/matrixvision_01.htm
    and please leave feedback.

2. Neumann

Neumann Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    When I saw the video, it was pretty choppy, I don't know if it was just me or universal, so I won't say anything about that.

The main problem I see with your green text is that it's horizontal but falls vertically, and completely uniform, which is unnatural for that concept, it's supposed to be more loose, like raindrops on a window. Additionally, there's a more subtle fade from the green to a blocky, digitized figure that is simpled down.

Chris

3. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    they are both smoothe motion on my computer, both of 'em at 29.97 fps

4. Weslen

Weslen Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    Runs perfectly smooth for me too, but I agree that it's not quite right. Still really cool though - I'd like to see a light saber fight done with that.

5. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    At the tips of the columns, have them glow a brighter green. A simple alpha ramp or lum. should work for this.

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Good stuff! My comment would be to blur the final wipe -- the one that takes us from Matrix-land to real video. Blurrier. Yes.

Oh yes, and for AWB's sake, let's be fair and give Daredevil equal time.
    Behold! My Daredevil vision test!

</lame joke>

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Adam, that was not necessary. I can appreciate The Matrix FX tests. In fact, I'd appreciate the Matrix a lot more if it was released as that -- an FX test. However, let's not get off into that tangent again.

8. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    That joke wasn't lame, it was blind.

On-topic, you seem to have forgotten that the text is supposed to conform to the surface of the video, so either use 3d models or a displacement map in AE.

9. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    In fact, I'd appreciate the Matrix a lot more if it was released as that -- an FX test.

Dude I'm gettin' ready to smack you upside your head....

10. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    [image=http://www.fanflicks.com/innervision/oe/threadcaution.jpg]

11. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    Yeah, AWB, you know what else was unneccesary? Your last post! Are you gonna come in here and "defend yourself" again? Additionally, to keep on topic, to use the distortion thing, you will probably have to rotomask out your person from your background and turn that selection into b&w, then use the displacement map plugin. Lata.

12. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    SilverFox0440: That is kinda what i did. The rotomasking and greyscaling i mean.

13. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    But did you displace after that? If not, it's all in vain.

14. BrentK7

Dec 20, 2000
    no, i rotoed it so it would be clean, didn't have a bluescreen handy.

15. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    To call the Matrix simply a showing of F/X is plain ignorant. The Matrix presents one of the most intriuging(sp?) and unique story lines I've seen in a film to date. What makes it amazing is it is brilliant in both effects and plot.

Nice Test. :cool:

16. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    The "Amazing Plot" was taken directly from the first four books of the New Testament and modernized...

But let's not talk about the movie. Last thread that went that way got locked.

17. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    I love how both of you contributed so much to the direction the thread has taken.

18. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    ...and you yourself silverfox? You complain and yet throw it off even more?

19. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    I believe you missed the joke...and I have contributed quite a bit to it, thank you much.

20. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    Oooh ooh, can i contribute to this thread? I think i will.

-Chris

PS - Brent - Nice attempt there, but it definitely needs a displacement map and for the text to be moving vertically, not horizontally, but all this has been said. The wipe from Matrix code to reality didn't do much for me, but i'm having trouble recalling what you're trying to imitate. Hope to see more from you soon, apologies on the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.