main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Matt Backgrounds

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Desann2002, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    It's horrible- I have been trying all afternoon in blender on the 3ds models and its absolutley 'orrible. I think it would be easier to take the thumbnails and use them in photoshop or whatnot... Just a suggestion.

2. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I'll give that a try, when i have some spair time

i was wondering, if i send (or post) my sketches(storyboards) of the scenes that i need backgrounds for, could someone make them, (they will be credited)

3. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    If you download the Clone Wars trailer from the official site, there is a fantastic shot of Coruscant about 15 seconds into the trailer.

You could use a photo editor to combine a few frames and get rid of the traffic, then add your own traffic to the still matte using whatever 3d app you've got working.

(What do you have working? Is if Bryce? I know Bryce reads 3ds and not Max.)

Have fun!

4. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    my young apprentice, i have truespace and Photoshop 5 and 6, plus adobe premire 6, i am getting Afer Effects in 3 days, and i am still fighting to get 3DSMAX 4 to work,

5. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    Looks like i'll be getting after effects this afternoon, does anyone have any tutorials for it?

6. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    There are a few here, but it's really better to begin with the manual, Adobe manuals are pretty good to start you off.

7. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    thanks daft, i've seen the price of some of these manuels, i think i'll look for the quickstart manuels, they dnt cost as much but make more sense

8. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    looks like i wont be getting After Effects after all, the guy i was getting it from now wants me to pay £100 for it, thats a £100 more than i have at this moment, so i will look for a free copy somewhere else,

9. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    You do realise WAREZ is illegal and we don't discuss it on this board, right?

10. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    WAREZ?........the guy i was getting the program off of was giveing me a legal verson, not an ilegal version, and i have found out that i can get it from my college

11. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    You can get legal versions for £100, but the manuals cost extra....riiiight.

Pete

12. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    what are you trying to say?

and the official Manuals cost £45

13. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    In Desann2002's defense he may be refering to a student discount. Some times colleges will sell older versions of software for a great discount. At times, the manuals do cost extra. By manuals he may be talking about the extra books that you get at bookstores, like the 3DS Max, or Photoshop, or After Effects Bibles.

14. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    thanks for the vote pixel..........and your right about the manuels

15. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Maybe it just works differently in England, but when I bought the student version I just got the whole package at much lower cost.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.