main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Matt Stover book tour coming to Boston!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    You might have seen the news already, but I thought I'd start a thread so we can all post further details as they become available. If you're not spoiler-free, you might want to keep up with this thread in the 3SA forum where a publicist from Del Rey is posting updates regularly.

It would be great if we could go as a group, or get involved with the signing somehow. As soon as I find out anything I'll be contacting people to see what we can do! :)

2. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I emailed the Del Rey contact person and told her about this thread so that she can post further details here if she'd like. I also asked if there's anything we can do to get involved or help out. I'll let you know when I hear something. :)

3. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Specific details were posted in the 3SA today:

Monday, April 4th @ 7:00 PM
    TALK & SIGNING
    Harvard Coop (B&N College #300)
    1400 Massachusetts Avenue
    Cambridge, MA 02238

I'd really like us to get involved with this somehow. I emailed the Del Rey contact person again for more information. Hopefully I'll hear back from her. This is coming up pretty soon, so we'd need to pull something together fairly quickly.

How many of you would be able to come to this? What we can do will be limited by how many of you can come. Please post ASAP!

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I might go, but I'm worried I won't be able to get back to Brockton that night.

5. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    AS it is a MONDAY NIGHT EVENT...and I am off tuesdays.... I will be driving girlfriend back to NORTHAMPTON that night but we will see you there !!!!!

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    That's a big "no can do" for me :( The wife works from 7-11 so I'll be home with my son. Too bad, I would have liked to score a signed copy.

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Maybe he will sign a few extra copies for the store to sell after he leaves.

8. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    It's a possibility for me, since I don't work Tue either.

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I was going to try and drive up from Rhode Island, but I don't know.
    The guy is a fantastic writer.

-Seldon

10. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    If anyone else is comin, I'll be there, and would love to meet any of you. I'd have no excuse not to be there; it's a two or three-minute walk.

Anyone who's done these things before: How early should one show up? Buy the book in advance or on the spot? If I brought Shatterpoint would I be apt to be able to get that signed, too? (Some of these might be discussed in the 3SA thread, but I'm scared of that forum.)

-Paul

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey Paul! I'm thinking of showing up around 6pm. I also plan on buying the book there, as a courtesy to the COOP for hosting the signing. And it should be no problem for you to bring Shatterpoint to be signed, as I'll be doing the same. :)

Who else wants to come? The Del Rey person never got back to me so this is just a spectator event now, which is fine. And would anyone be up for dinner afterward?

12. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    So it'd be cool to get to meet you (and anyone else who's coming), so I could actually have met some Rebels. I'm not sure where they usually do talks and signings, but figuring it's a pretty central location, want to meet on the ground floor back by the service desk and the stairs? If you have any other preferences let me know; I'll try to check this before heading that way.

-Paul

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to come tonight. :( Sorry Paul - I hope to meet you at some other point.

Matt Stover will be at C3, so I hope to catch him there...

14. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Wish I could make it. :( Hope those that do go have a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.