main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Matters Of The Blood And The Force - Chapter 1 Up 7/15 (OC & cameos, EU, between ANH & ESB)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Coric_Colje, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coric_Colje

Coric_Colje Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    This is the first part of a storyline idea that's been floating around in my head for a while. This is going to be a story made from the adventures of a character I have in Star Wars: Galaxies. The 'brother' in the story is another character I had from the same server on the game, but was lost... Hope you all enjoy this, and comments are absolutely welcome. :)

-------------------------
    Prologue

The fog had rolled in from seemingly nowhere, an opaque veil of gunmetal gray. The high, mid-day sun which had watched over me in my search from the outpost was now an obscured whisper of its normal self. The rocks and trees that were my company looked distant? Dark? It added an ominous undertone to the worldscape that I was sure continued to play outside this fog.

The worldscape of Dathomir.

I had come to this place in search of answers. In search of a greater truth than had been ever told to me.

It seemed, at this moment, something had definitely found me. My gut instinct also told me that this ?something? was even bigger than my overall quest.

Maybe it was an answer all in itself.

Something snapped me out of my self-imposed reverie? Something odd? Out of place. I looked around once more. The fog made it difficult to see beyond its bounds, but I was looking at the fog itself anyway. It was unchanged? Completely unchanged. I expected to see it ebb and flow at the fickleness of the winds. Even without wind, I?d expect to see some sort of change while you?re moving through it?

My mind stopped for a moment as my eyes darted to the tree I had seen before this fog wall had dropped all around? Even through the gray morass, I could see it in the same spot I had seen it last. My growing fears were confirmed as I glanced at my swoop; the gauges were frozen in place. Though it was increasingly clear that it wouldn?t help the situation, I reached to tap on the speed readout?

?The Hell??? I know that my brain packaged up and delivered the message, but apparently it was never received; my arm lay still? It wouldn?t budge! I tried again? I tried some smaller things? Wiggling my fingers, rolling my wrists, my shoulders? None of them yielded more positive result than the first. My mind was racing, my heart pounding in my ears? I could distinctly pick up on the sound of my breath coming hard and fast over the din of?

?Wait?? Breathe again? I do hear it? It was then that the utter silence dawned on me. The baleful hunting cry of the ancient reptilian fliers, the hiss and skitter of the cavern spiders over the rocks, the far-distant yet bellowing roar of a wild bull rancor? Even the whine of the repulsorlift on my swoop? All erased from my hearing.

Nothing left but the sounds of my breathing.

?This is not a good situation to be in on Dath,? I thought to myself with a morbid, yet oddly humorous realization. ?Mostly blind, mostly paralyzed, mostly deaf? And completely alone.?

*Not completely.* The voice, cool and confident, speared right into the center of my brain. I would?ve jumped off of the swoop in a bolt of panic had it not been for? Well? The near-complete paralysis I was stuck with, and was only now fully realizing. All I could do was try to calm my ragged, shuddering breath. My eyes darted around frantically for a moment, trying to find the source of a voice I more ?felt? than ?heard?.

?I need to calm down,? I chided myself internally. ?Panic will get me nowhere. I must be rational, logical, and relaxed.?

*Yes? Yes, you must.* The voice seemed to somehow soothe the fast-rising fear. It was replaced by a slow-growing calm. *It will make the others, who are not as? Trained and focused? Easier to hear.* Once again, the voice invoked another degree of calm in my mind and thought. I looked around myself again in mild curiosity.

?Others?? As the word left my lips, I heard? No? I felt the whispers growing all around me. My eyes widened slightly, a sudden understanding coming to me.

?The voices? This fog? Somehow this is all a??

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, I love the Soothsayer especially. THis is very intriguing.

3. Coric_Colje

Apr 20, 2005
    Thanks much! :) Even though it took me the better part of a month to write just this part (it's freaking crazy, I tell you), I'm rather enjoying it. I've always wanted to 'pen' a story of some kind, and I figured that SW:G would be a good means to do so... After all, I'm already writing my own story as I play. ;)

I'm hoping to get the first chapter done in a lot sooner than a month. [face_plain]

And the Soothsayer won't be appearing again for several chapters unfortunately... But hopefully i can provide some other characters to have fun with. :)

4. Coric_Colje

Apr 20, 2005
    Up.

Comments, please? :)

First chapter will be posted in the next day or so.

5. Coric_Colje

Apr 20, 2005
    Well... Here's Chapter 1... Took a little less than a month to do... Even less than the day I was giving myself to be safe! :D

After a friendly suggestion from one of our board denizens, I'm posting chapter updates here, and just updating the subject as I go. Fancy things you can do on message boards nowadays... Thanks, Phoenix! :D

Not sure when Chapter 2 will go up, but it could be as soon as a week. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1

The sound of the door chime nearly sent me through the far wall of my apartment. I turned from the manifest I was studying for my next ?run? to stare at the door; no one I knew or would be expecting ever used the chime if they wanted something from me. That didn?t leave very much wiggle room for who it could be. The chime sounded again, along with a knock this time. Someone wanted to see me pretty badly. I picked up the small pistol from the table, and walked to the com unit by the door.

?Yes??

?Is this the residence of? Cassandra Jerel?? I shuddered lightly. Ugh? I hated that name. The use of it by this person, however, told me something: It was no one I knew, or that knew me well. No one I knew called me by my full name.

?Who is asking for Cassi, please?? I was hoping that it was an innocent-enough-sounding question that they would actually tell me. Even if that wasn?t the case, I had my ways of finding out.

?Imperial Intelligence.? My heart jumped slightly. Oh no? They finally found me! What did they want with me???

?Just a moment, please,? I replied just-in-case, knowing that Imp-Int didn?t like to wait. ?I?m not dressed at the moment.? I tapped an inset panel by the door, and a small hologram appeared. It was a feed from a mini-camera hidden just outside the door. It showed, in fact, there was only one person by the door? I panned the camera around. There was no one else in sight. Hmm, odd. This person, by their uniform and insignias, was indeed Imperial Intelligence. A young one at that. I hid the pistol under my cloak, making sure it was snug in the holster that was present there. I took a quick glance around my living area: Nothing incriminating lying in open sight, other than on the desk. If they wanted to investigate, they would?ve brought more troopers.

At least that?s what I hoped. I went to my desk, stuffing away encryption chips, paperwork, and anything that looked a little 'funny'... Didn't need to raise any flags right off the bat. I relaxed myself, walked back to the door, and tapped the button to open the door. It slid away quietly, revealing the Imp-Int officer.

?Good afternoon,? he stated simply. ?Are you Cassandra Jerel?? I hid the cringe as well as possible.

?I am.?

?I must speak to you in regards to a most urgent matter.? He looked at me, waiting, and looking vaguely less than pleased. I guess there was no way around it.

?Come in, please.? I stepped away from the door, and the officer followed suit. ?Would you like a drink??

?I need to ask you some questions in regards to a disappearance.? I sighed softly.

?Would you like to have a seat?? I pulled up a chair for the officer, but he seemed pretty intent on standing. I flopped down in the seat, and tried not to look too uncomfortable with having this person in my home.

?Now, what is it you were saying??

?I need to ask you about a disappearance of a high-ranking Imperial officer.? I thought about that for a moment: Most of my ?missions? were running illicit cargo from here to there. Sometimes actual cargo, sometimes people? Any one of them could have been an Imperial officer wanting to defect to this ?Rebellion? thing, I supposed. But nothing made itself readily apparent in my mind.

?And what makes you think that I would have information about this particular officer?s disappearance?? I knew he was looking for answers from me, but I hoped he didn?t realize I was also ?pumping? him for information. It was the duality of smuggling: Never hint at knowing what the person across from you is talkin

6. Coric_Colje

Apr 20, 2005
    Howdy all!

Just a quick update on the story here... Been very busy with my job, and also having an excruciating saber battle with Darth Writer's Block... Chapter 2 won't make it up until at least the middle of next week. So keep an eye for it.

Any comments are welcome on what's here so far though. :)

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I'm intrigued. :) You've got a great beginning here. I never thought of writing about my SW:G char, but that's because she was based off my Rebel Squadrons char. ;) You've got a good grasp of the mechanics, a nice handle on setting details, and some engaging characters. Keep up the good work.

Something you might want to think about is aquiring a beta reader, someone to read your posts before hand and catch little typos and grammatical errors, that sort of thing. I find my beta reader invaluable.

PS: Krelo pointed me your way. I'm her sister. :)

8. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Hello? Anyone home?

9. Coric_Colje

Apr 20, 2005
    Hello, all!

Apologies for the severe lack of updates. Duty has me in Mississippi right now with limited 'Net access (but hopefully that will be solved in the next 2 weeks... Heh heh...)

Anyway, I'm getting chapters 2 and 3 fleshed out the old-fashioned way (pencil and paper), and I should hopefully have something done up and posted here within a few weeks.

Lilith, thank you for your kind works. :) Nice to know this thing might have a chance after all. ;) And Krelo realy -really- wants to be my beta... Think I should let her? ;)

- Cor
    Travelling wrench-turner :p

10. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Paper and pencil is the only way to go. I have three, four? notebooks floating around with bits and pieces of my stories scattered all through them. Lots of folks I know write while at work when there's nothing better to do.

As for Krelo, I shouldn't taunt her about it, if I was you. But then, I have a hearty sense of self-preservation. ;) I'm willing to give it a go as well, if you like.

11. Krelo Rei'ch

Krelo Rei'ch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball . . . ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.