main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Matthew Stover's Untitled Caine Comic Book

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Cindrollic, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindrollic

Cindrollic Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2007
    Haven't seen any talk about it on the boards--so I thought I might as well spread the word.

Matthew Stover, Star Wars/all-around bad-ass author, is developing a comic in his Overworld Universe that the Caine books, Heroes Die,Blade Of Tyshalle,Caine Black Knife, and the forthcoming His Father's Fist are set in. Details are in short supply right now, but the site only went up last week. And by the sounds of it they're going full steam on this project. The work put into the site in such a short span is pretty awesome; they've even setup a forum.

You can check it out for yourself: http://overworld.tv/

Personally, I can't wait for this. It's being worked on by people with a passion for Matt's books and the character of Caine, not just doing it for a check (though I'm sure it'd be nice someday); it's being done in their spare time. Some concept sketches are already up, and the art looks top-quality. This is a chance for a revitalization of Caine, since His Father's Fist sounds to be the last Caine book. It's a chance for some great stories in different mediums. But it won't happen if nobody ever reads it. That has been the Caine novel's main problem: Not enough exposure. About everyone online I'v seen whose said they've read it has loved it, yet they've never made even close enough for Matt to live off of. (apparently Blade Of Tyshalle especially) This would be awesome if it picked up and got rolling.

But only getting the word out and telling people about the site and talking about it, be it on the Overworld forums or anywhere else, will do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.