main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Matthew Vaughn Directing...unofficially confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by JaimePrater, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Raiders.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    They both worked on Raiders if that counts

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think you pretty much nailed this 99%

Look, folks, this is not a confirmation. However it definitely adds fuel to the fire. It definitely looks like his bud let a secret slip then he clowns in a foolish attempt to cover it up. I'm not sure why Disney and LFL are being so dramatic about making the announcements for Kasdan/Kinberg and Vaughn in the first place. It's not like they would be spoiling any actual content of the films.

Anyway, I'm fine if it is Vaughn, I think he's a good choice.

Pro Scoundrel and FinleySlade like this.
  4. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I am pleased if it really is Vaughn.

I think he will do a great job.

yodasbum and Echo-07 like this.
  5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Doesn't Mark Millar's statement about the Secret Service and Vaughn's involvement outweight Flemyng?

6. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I've been searching around and I haven't found any other sites running with this story yet.

7. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I'll be happy as long as Shyamalan isn't involved like the Forcecast guys keep guessing.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    No. Vaughn has a history of dropping projects and moving around. Also Millar is a notorious liar.

FinleySlade likes this.
  9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'll be really unhappy if he's the choice. The Last Airbender was the nail in his coffin for me.

JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  10. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah, he made a great couple films (Sixth Sense and Unbreakable) but has been on a downward spiral ever since. I'm amazed that the same guy who made Unbreakable could have also directed the Happening.

11. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    T-R - re Secret Service. It's very common for Directors to be attached to projects then jump ship in favour of another. Vaughn himself has a history of doing this. Star Wars is Vaughn's dream job - if the chance came along I can easily see him leaving Secret Service.

Flemyng's slip certainly suggests to me that Vaughn is down to the wire on this. If he wasn't, wouldn't he have definitively have ruled himself out by now, something he has yet to do.

12. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not sure about this guy, hopefully he gets ''Star Wars''. Kind of sad Dave Filoni won't be directing.

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Accordsing to the last ForceCast they ended by saying that they still thought Vaughn was in the running. Interestingly enough I haven't read one article that related MN Shamalamdingdong to Ep 7. I don't know where this comes from. Also, MNS doesn't direct movies that he doesn't also write.

14. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    He gets Star Wars. He snuck on to the Dagobah set at Elstree when he was a kid. Apparently during the Kick Ass shoot at Elstree he went and found all the Empire shooting locations again. He's a big, big fan and I think, if it's him, he would totally get how important it is to get this right.

Echo-07 and Serpico Jones like this.
  15. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Vaughn is a huge Star Wars fan based on all accounts.

16. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Shyamalan had a very ugly and public falling out with Disney in 2006 when they rejected his script for Lady in the Water. He even wrote a book about it and trashed multiple Disney executives. I don't see Disney hiring that hack any time soon.

17. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Also, while I think Filoni has done a good job on the Clone Wars, I would be amazed if Disney felt like handing the reins to him. Not going to happen.

18. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Anyone know what Vaughn thinks of the prequels?

19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Good! Like I said, I don't know where people were getting that idea. The guy flat-out sucks. IMO he made one good movie -- Unbreakable. The Sixth Sense was a M. Night Sham. He broke his own rules! The whole time Haley Joel Osmet sees dead people, dead people with the wounds that killed them except for Bruce Willis' gunshot and people ate it up like cheesecake. He sucks! And he took a idiot-proof fantasy like Airbender and completely trashed it. / rant

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
  21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I found three sites all basically reporting the same thing with video. None of the major sites have picked it up though.

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...n-directing-episode-vii-release-date-2015.htm

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=26773&count=0

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/2...ector-potentially-revealed-as-matthew-vaughn/

22. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
  23. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
  24. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Does this unofficially confirm that Matthew Vaughn is a subutu?

25. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, he did say in a video conference on Celebration VI about how George was preparing him to carry the torch of Star Wars into the future. So, he may not direct Episode VII but how knows about 8 or 9.