main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Maul is alive! Your thoughts on how.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by QsAssistant, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    This thread is made to pull the discussion from the "Revenge" thread. Talk about Maul and how you think he survived being cut in half and his long fall on Naboo.

IMHO I think it was basically like the same thing that happened to Luke on Bespin in ESB, fell in some kind of a shaft. As to how he lived through being cut in half... maybe some kind of maintenace droid found him, in said shaft, and brought him to someone who could heal him. Maul, being deprived of oxygen from near death, was left slightly brain damaged and only had basic survival instincts and a hatred for the Jedi who broke his mind and body. As for how he got on the junk planet and his spider legs, I haven't a clue but I'm open to opinions.

Your thoughts?

EDIT - The "Darth Maul Lives?!" thread is meant for the discussion of Maul's survival.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The thing about the comparison between Naboo and Bespin is that in Cloud City, that tube that Luke fell through just dumped out into the atmosphere, where maybe it was either pulled by the gravity of the planet and just disintegrated into the planet's core, or perhaps garbage ships could trawl the atmosphere for debris. On Naboo, if there was a similar situation, where would the tube have led? How would it have been retrieved by a ship? I would think if anything that Naboo would be more like the Death Star and lead to a garbage compactor.

Until contradicted, I'll just go with what Witwer has said

Sam Witwer - "Ok. It's a long story... but there is a background. As far as how he got from Naboo to the junkworld, we don't explain... But we do know. Here's a little hint. When last we saw a star wars character fall into a bottomless pit, he was sucked into a waste removal tube. Beyond that, it was all the dark side. He crawled about in the trash... and whilst wallowing in hatred, fear and his dark training, pieces of garbage started sticking to him. Over the years these legs started forming. The dark side of the force is nasty business"

That's not to say that I don't find this explanation ridiculous. I defended the decision to bring Maul back, and I still think they can do a lot of interesting things with the character, but I think the manner in which they brought him back is a joke, and the Maul tie-in with the Plagueis book I felt was misleading. I was somewhat expecting Maul's survival to be tied to the rediscovery of Plagueis' ability, not a "if you get angry, garbage sticks to you" explanation. I also would have accepted an explanation that involved someone rescuing him.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's ironic.

To get to the junk planet, Maul had to lose his junk.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This is what I think happened...

An air duct sucked him in and he was deposited into Naboo's main garbage facility. During this time, extreme hatred and use of the dark side kept him alive, but at a cost to his sanity. He is then taken along with the recyclable trash and dumped on Lotho Minor. Because he is in a broken state of mind at this point, he somehow with the use of the Force manages to fashion a lower body in the form of a spider's thinking he actually is one. Over time he forgets more and more of his former self, and by the time he is found, he is this deranged abomination that has succumbed to his new dismal life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.