main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maul v.s. Vader?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Master_Anakin, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    It seems Im vastly outnumbered by DV lovers! This is the OT board so perhaps that has something to do with it?

There is a discussion going on in the TPM forum about Maul v.s. Dookuu. The Dookuu lovers are hard to come by. I wonder how it would be in the AOTC forum?

I think if Vader won it would be because he's smarter and more attuned to the force. Just like Obi.

2. MasterDarthVader

MasterDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2002
    Vader would make Maul calling for his Maulmie.

In ANH, ESB, and RotJ, Vader is a old man. But his still beats Luke in ESB. Maul is still in his prime in TPM. A prime Vader vs a prime Maul... Vader in 3 seconds flat. Old Vader vs a prime Maul. Pretty even, but still Vader at the very end.

3. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Even Count Dooku would destroy Maul.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    There is a discussion going on in the TPM forum about Maul v.s. Dookuu. The Dookuu lovers are hard to come by. I wonder how it would be in the AOTC forum?

It should be decided by a tri-forum tournament. ;)

Dooku would have no trouble with Maul. Dooku is a former Jedi master, and you can't even raise the "mediocre swordsman" argument used against Vader for Dooku.

5. senseless_apprentice

Dec 18, 2002
    I think you underestimate Maul's power. I do concede that Dookuu would take him down after a short melee and a bit of lightning. But the crippled Vader wouldn't have a chance! If Anakin/Vader faced off with Maul before he was crippled by Obi....then I think Maul would get his clock cleaned.

Perhaps we should have a vote from all the forums on who would win.

Vader v.s. Tyrannus v.s. Maul

We know Sidious would take them all out, unless he got picked up and thrown down a shaft lol.

6. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    "We know Sidious would take them all out, unless he got picked up and thrown down a shaft lol."

Very true.

7. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Does anybody realize that Vader was the most powerful man ever in the Force? If you understand that, you should understand that appearances can be decieving. So calling Vader cripped is judging his physical appearance. Look at Yoda. He was less powerful then Vader. He was small, and barely could move. But when he called upon the power of the Force, he was awesome. Vader could do that too and would be more capable doing that since he is more powerful.

"I see you becoming the greatest of all Jedi, Anakin. Even more powerful then Master Yoda."
    --Palpatine

8. jedimastergeorge

jedimastergeorge Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2003
    obviously vader. maul is like an ant to him

9. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    "I see you becoming the greatest of all Jedi, Anakin. Even more powerful then Master Yoda."
    --Palpatine

I'm sure Palpatine says a lot of things

There is a Vader & Maul debate on every Sw forum, i quite frankly i doubt we'll ever know for certain. Vader is cool, but Mauler is cooler. Pro-Vaders arguemnts are often based on assumptions. I just watched Duel of the Fates and comapred it to other duels. I fail to see how Vader could beat Maul. Just becuase he is Darth Vader is not a good enough reason. i saw the Star Wars Tales comic breifly, or the end of it and Vader was beaten down, he just pulled a last gasp move when Maul was about to cut off his head. but cloned Maul stopped and talked a bunch of times, he could have killed him easily. Do niot underestimate Mauls force powers, all information i ahev ever seen about Darth Maul says he is FULL of Dark side energy, and that is demonstated in the movie i think. Have u ever seen a Force user force push another force user, when they are not pre-occupied wiht being dismembered or electrocuted? Vader didn't want to kill Like in ROTJ but he wasn't strong enough to stand defend agaisnt a powerful yet hurridly trained and hugly inexperience "padwan". Luke was all that impressive at all. Maul beat 2 Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon but only killed Qui-Gon. Ultimatly however, whiel i have little doubt Darth Maul would win i doubt i can only express my own thoughts which are no mroe or less important than anyoen elses. That is that can happen here

10. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I think Vader would win but not as easily as some of you have suggested. It would definitely be a long, hard battle.

11. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    First you pin a PT character against a OT character in an OT room.
    Then you take the chosen one against some punk who was killed by a padawan learner.
    Finally DV would just kick the crap out of maul in 1.138 seconds.

12. DarthSil

Mar 19, 2003
    Star Wars Tales Volume 3 does bring up an interesting point in it's Maul v. Vader story. Vader may very well be weaker than Maul because he still has a bit of the light side in him and was a former Jedi. Maul, on the other hand, is a pure Sith assassin. A 100% killing machine with no spark of light whatsoever.

And how if you want to know how the story ends, go buy a copy and see for yourself.

13. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    How would having a little of the good side make you weeker?

Is the dark side stronger?
    No.

Having some good would not make him weaker.

14. DarthSil

Mar 19, 2003
    It doesn't make you weaker. Like I said, if you want to know how the battle ends, go buy a copy.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think of it as the reverse. Because Vader's been both a Jedi and a Sith, he can pick and choose from the best things he's learned from both groups, which should make him stronger and more capable than someone who's never been a Jedi.

16. DarthSil

Mar 19, 2003
    Agreed.

17. Vaderly_Thoughts

Vaderly_Thoughts Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    In Shadow Hunter, Maul duels with Sidious and pushed Sidious to the brink. Only after wearing out Maul was Sidious able to win, and Maul still was able to inflict the last damage when he bit the Masters hand.

I think that Vader would win, but barely, and would die from the wounds he recieved in the battle.

And, no, Mace, Obi-wan, anakin, etc. could not beat Maul. Maul was a better swordsman than Mace and Anakin when he was a Jedi, and Maul killed Obi-wans master and pushed Obi-wan himself to the brink.

AND Vader himself did not hunt down most of the Jedi. He killed a few, but he "Helped the Empire hunt down the Jedi", not do it all by himself.

18. FogeyKenobi

FogeyKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    I'd have to go with Vader. By a mile...

19. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    The last Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader.....

20. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    [image=http://www.balanceoftheforce.co.uk/vader-v-maul.jpg]

21. DarkJedi119

DarkJedi119 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2003
    i agree with Yoda vs Maul but even better would be Anakin with 2 lightsabers facing Maul's Double would be an unbelievable battle flash for flash and speed for speed

22. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    In Shadow Hunter, Maul duels with Sidious and pushed Sidious to the brink. Only after wearing out Maul was Sidious able to win, and Maul still was able to inflict the last damage when he bit the Masters hand.

Do you have a page number? I haven't read the book in a while, and don't remember this scene.

23. JAKEFETT

JAKEFETT Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2003
    I read it too, and I also can't remember that part, but beer has killed alot of my midichlorians so...

I would like to see Vader and Maul both mortally wounded from their duel talking about all the butt that they kicked back in the day...and what a pain in the A$$ Palpatine was.

24. senseless_apprentice

Dec 18, 2002
    Lets remember that Shadow Hunter is EU, thus it is NOT the definative answer. I can't believe that Maul would last a few seconds with Sidious, and whats up with biting him? ewww....

I think the reason why there is this debate about Maul and Vader is that 90's technology helped Maul look alot better in so many ways. Vader just doesn't seem up to the task. I mean look at the duel between Ben and Vader, I think that answers our question.

Thus theres no real way to compare the two, unless we go by the books. If we did that, my bet is still on maul.

25. V-Darthavich-Lenin

V-Darthavich-Lenin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2002
    Sorry. Double post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.