Maul vs. Vader?

Discussion in 'The Phantom Menace' started by Jedi_Lord_Windu, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Am I alone in the world, would Darth Maul have made a much cooler bad guy in the whole saga than Darth Vader? And if not, you have to admit Maul is much cooler and more intimidating. On another note, who would win in a duel?
  2. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Vader would win easily.

While Maul is full of flash and great athletics, Vader is full of power and crushing weight.
  3. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Vader is full of power and crushing weight.

No doubt Vader would win, but I'm not so sure he'd be that good in a duel against Maul. He seemed to have enough trouble against a sixty year old man waving a stick around in ANH ;)
  4. Esperanza_Nueva Force Ghost

star 6
    theyre both great villians.. but i think Vader would win in a duel
  5. PhantomMenace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Vader would Force-choke Maul before he could took the first swing.
  6. The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader would wipe Maul. I have nothing more to say on the matter :)
  7. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Vader would overwhelm Maul with his strong lightsaber form and crushing knowledge of the Force.
  8. Skywalker_1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Vader is more menacing,intimidating, etc. I also think he'd take Maul down before Maul could swing his saber.
  9. Master_Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader I think isn't as skilled with the saber (from cannon), but he'd win through force powers... Maul is cool, but Vader's the original. :)
  10. Mr_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Vader would win. Heres how it would go:

*Chokes Maul*

I find your Lackof a Decent Look disturbing
  11. rpeugh Force Ghost

star 4
    A deul between Vader and Maul happened in the EU, and Vader won much in the same way that Obi Wan won.
  12. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Maul suffers mostly from Boba Fett-itis, where a small character's appearance earns him a following. :p In any case, yes, I side with the True Dark Lord, Darth Vader.
  13. Lord-Draco Force Ghost

star 4
    Everyoneis quick to say that Vader would win but check this out. Vader had to struggle in ANH with Obi-Wan. He only won cause Obi-Wan gave him his life.

Vader dominated the fight with Luke in ESB but it wasn't easy, he got hit a few times.

In ROTJ he lost.

Now look at Maul who fought 2 Jedi at the same time with ease and defeated one of them. Plus Vader is old and slow whereas Maul is quick and young so Maul would have the advantage. Plus he has a double bladed saber.

Maul would win.
  14. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    But Maul isn't very bright. Obi-wan jumped over him, and Maul just stood there with his mouth gaping open and got sliced in half. Vader could easily out-smart him.
  15. The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyoneis quick to say that Vader would win but check this out. Vader had to struggle in ANH with Obi-Wan. He only won cause Obi-Wan gave him his life.

Obi-Wan was a very skilled and accomplished duelist by this time. His sytle was highly defensive and Vader had trouble getting through it. Plus Obi-Wan taught Vader how to fight, which gives Obi-Wan the advantage. Obi-Wan knew he couldn't defeat Vader so he let himself be struck down so Luke could get out.

Vader dominated the fight with Luke in ESB but it wasn't easy, he got hit a few times.

Vader was toying with Luke here. Once Luke got the lucky shot in Vader got serious and took Luke's hand off in about 5 seconds.

In ROTJ he lost.

Vader was fighting his son, which he loved. His son wasn;t evil, his son was trying to save him. Vader didn't try to destroy Luke. Luke left himself open so many times and Vader didn't take advantage of it. Vader didn't want to beat Luke.
  16. Master_Byrd Jedi Master

star 4
    That and Vader's past his prime by the time we've ever seen him fight anyone... I'm assuming Maul was in his prime around TPM. I think that in swordsmanship, they are equals. But Vader's natural ability with the force would turn the tables heavily in his favor.
  17. rpeugh Force Ghost

star 4
    Im sorry, but Vader was kicking Obiwan's butt in ANH. There is no way Obiwan would have won. And yes, Vader wasnt even trying in TESB against Luke. He chose not to destroy Luke. That is Vader beginning to transcend his hatred, which is why he is the true hero of the saga.
  18. effortless_skill Force Ghost

star 4
    vader would wipe the floor with maul .he desttoyed the whole order almost by himslef,
    also you have to take into account that vaders skills when he fought ob1 were rusty he did not fight a saber wielder in yrs prior to that battle. he probably thought he would never use a saber again ,also if you notice vader in esb ,his skills are much more polished than anh due to the fact that he was ready this time .plus vader did not want to kill luke in esb or rotj if he went for the kill he might have bested luke .at least in esb,maybe not rotj
  19. DARTH_ABBADON Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Vader would win, simply because he's just more powerful than Maul is. Maul could hop around all he wanted, but when push comes to shove, Vader's just too much for thim to handle.

Frankly I'd be more interested in seeing a duel between Vader and Dooku. Finese against power. It'd be more interesting, I think.
  20. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    I think our views will change even more in Vaders favor once we see Ep.III.
    I think Vader is more intimidating and would defeat Maul.
    Vader will face tyranus in the next one as Anikan!
  21. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Luke against Maul.
  22. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Maul would destroy Luke. Maybe Luke would win when he is at the ROTJ stage or later.
  23. du365 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Let me get this straight.

A middle-age athletic Sith-Lord with a double-edge lightsaber who is also skilled in the martial arts vs. a 50-plus year old cripple in a iron lung who cannot fully extend his arms over his head and can't even turn his neck.

Hmmmmm,This is a hard one.

Wait a minute guys let me go ask my 7 yr old brother,I'll be right back.

Look guys.When there's a contest between those two guess what:....

THERE IS NO CONTEST!
  24. DarthSil Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly. Vader would win.
  25. du365 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "Exactly. Vader would win"

Okay,If you say so.....(not)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.