main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maverick Moon...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TalonCard, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I just found this book at a Half Price Books store. It's got some nice pictures, and the story is ok too. Not a bad deal, for just five cents more then the original price. I hope to find some of the other SW picture books someday.

TC

2. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    YES! !! ! ! the maverick moon!! ! !!
    when i was in 5th grade and just getting to star wars because my dad bought me the ORIGINAL xwing game on 3.5 floppy disks, thats what they had in my elementary school library ! i always wondered how it fit into continuity years later, but what a great book !

3. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Hey, TalonCard, I LOVE Half Price Books! I have three in Columbus Ohio. Where do you live?

4. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Texas. They're all over the place. They've been a great help to me in my quest to have a complete collection of SW novels. I think I've bought at least half of my SW novels there. I only need twenty-five more. Let's hear it for Half-Price! :D

TC

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    What 25 left do you need to find? Maverick moon is listed in the bibliography of the eg to characters as an valid official source.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I don't really like the story. I hate the 70's cheese art. I found it at a swap meet in 1996 for $ 5. Rip-off.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Yeah, but Sturm, when you're like 6 or something it's awesome.

You have to put things into perspective a bit when you look at these "classic" Star Wars goodies.

8. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    The art in "Mystery of the Rebellious Robot" is soooo cool though!

9. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    God bless Half-Price. :)

Besides The Maverick Moon (which I'd love to have a copy of), anybody have The Droid Dilema, or The Mystery of the Rebellious Robot?

10. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Is that the one with Luke in some city or something? I remember when I was 5 I had a star wars picture book. All I remember is that it had Luke, and he had his landspeeder and he rode around in a cool city. Thinking back it reminds me of the paintings of Alderaan.

11. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    That's the one, Wedge.

12. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Hey Bubba, you live in Columbus? I go to school in UA, where do you live?

I love Half Price Books. I haven't been to one in a while, but I think there's one on Sawmil.

13. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Awesome! Now I have to go find out what happened to that book.

14. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    The Droid Dilema doesn't exist. It was never printed.

I do indeed have Maverick Moon and Rebellious Robot.

15. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    >What 25 left do you need to find?

Heh, I meant regular SW novels, not the old picture books. I can post a list. Right now I'm complete up to Return of the Jedi. After that, it gets a little spacey.

I'm glad to see that it's a part of the continuity. It's a fun little book, and the story goes with a line in SWM#1, saying the Rebellion is in desperate need of pilots.

Anybody have The Wookie Storybook? Or The Adventures of Teebo? I've got Planet of the Hoojibs.

LFL ought to republish all these in one volume. "The Great Big Star Wars Bedtime Storybook." That would be SO cool.

TC

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Sounds cool to me.

17. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Half Priced Books is a Force-sent!

I love my local one. Got myself a ton of trade paperback comics this weekend during their addition 20% off sale. :D

I didn't get Maverick Moon there, but I do own that book. I think it's a pretty ok kids book. :) I did find The Ewoks Join the Fight at HPB though. ;)

Just a hint... I've found SW children's books on Ebay for reasonable prices. :)

EDIT: I have the Adventures of Teebo. It's pretty long for a child's book, but that just means I got more for my $ when I bought it off Ebay. ;)

~*~Bria

18. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    I dont have a lot of Ewoks books (I only have the 1988 Annual, Wicket and the Dandelion Warriors, Wickett Finds a Way, and Three Cheers for Kneesaa.) but yes, I do have the Wookiee Storybook. It's a fun read, and has beautiful art.

19. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Yes, it do live in Columbus! I go to Kilbourne High School, and yes, there is a Half-Price on Sawmill, as well as Lane Avenue. Have you been to both of them?

I have scans of Planet of the Hoojibs and Droid World: The Further Adventures, as well as the audio dramas.

Anyone have Star Wars: Adventures in Colors and Shapes? I think it holds some lore in it. Features a smuggler named Zilnor.

20. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Kilbourne, I've been past there a few times. I go to Wellington.

I've been the the Half Price Books on Sawmill, but not on Lane. I guess I'll have to check it out some time. Love those places. :D

21. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    We have a Half Priced Bookstore in Cincinnati too. That place rules.

22. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Awesome, DS5! Hope to see you around town someday!

Yep, I've been to the Cinncinati one as well. Found two rare WEG books, and I believe there are several more to be found soon...

23. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I have the Wookkie Storybook.

Did you know Wooks can send there thoughts over long distances? I didn't either.

(how retarded.)

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    So some wookies are telapathic?

25. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Sounds like it. Maybe it WAS Chewie who talked to Jacen on Duro. ?

Hey Lawg, didn't it also say that the Wookiees could've also have come from another world originally?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.