main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maverick of the Living Force ~~~New Challenge: First Padawan Important Announcement ~~~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Layren, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    It's been a rough cold/flu season this year.

It really has been bad. I've been sick twice here and hubby has been sick already too.

I hope whatever is going around goes away soon.

Just think spring is around the corner! We need to do some sort of Living Force challenge for when Spring gets here -- thoughts?

2. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    You don't become the greatest swordsman in 400 years (or even just one of them) without natural aptitude. But I wouldn't be surprised if he had gone through a phase where his body outgrew his ability to control it. And you also don't become the greatest swordsman in 400 years without expending a lot of effort in training and practice. So during the time you're body is outgrowing your ability to control it you still have to practice just as much. It must be very frustrating.

We could try to define what the Living Force is through a tale involving Qui-Gon for a spring challenge but that sure seems like a toughie to me.

KD

3. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    A very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!! to Kynstar!!

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Shhh! :p Yousa supposed to keep it quiet! [face_laugh] oh well ;) t_s mentioned it too all ready. Ahh doesn't really bother me ;) I'm 26 and holding... holding since a good 6 yrs ago though. [face_mischief]

Thanks Master for the b-day greeting! [:D]

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Happy birthday, you youngin' Kynstar you! :p

6. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Happy Birthday Kynstar

You can have a prezzie too if you like. Though the Force alone knows when you will get it... I'll have to get some old Christopher Lee movies into my netflix queue first.

And congrats on your Knighting!

KD

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww [face_blush] Thanks yall! Ohhhh KD that would be like...man the best present ever!!! [face_love] [face_dancing] And the wait would be well worth it! I'd be forever in your debt if you could! :D

Yeah... 32 is still young I guess, but 26 is better! [face_mischief]

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Happy Birthday Kynstar

You're forever young on this board.

k_d, check out Hounds of the Baskerville's with Lee and Cushing and WickerMan with Lee. I remember seeing every Hammer movie made with them in the 70's and 80's. LOL!

9. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Thanks, Leona, I'll do that. I've got the inklings of a bunny already... But at this rate I need to keep a list or I'll forget someone's birthday prezzie.

KD

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    k_d, check out Hounds of the Baskerville's with Lee and Cushing and WickerMan with Lee. I remember seeing every Hammer movie made with them in the 70's and 80's. LOL!

Ohhhhhhh man! That one would be sweet! I've always been a Sherlock Holmes nut ever since early 80s :D That one I'd GIVE to have! [face_love]

Thanks for the b-day greeting Healer_Leona Oh yeah forever 26 is my goal! ;)!

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ooohh, k_d's got bunny-itis. That's always a good thing. Should I let you know now my b-day's in December??? ;)

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Actually we should make a birthday list with everyone's name on it so we can have the title thread updated to celebrate everybody's day accordingly :D

13. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    December eh? Leona Hmmm, considering that my Holiday cards haven't gone out yet, would you like to ask for a belated one for last year?

Because, yes, apparently I do have bunnyitis. I really need to finish my second half story for the story swap and I'm having trouble with it. Same with the update for Mission. So naturally, that is when bunnyitis hits the hardest.

Anyone is allowed to ask for a birthday viggie. They can even fib about when their birthday is if it bothers them, like it does me, to have it indicated in any way on a publicly available site. I myself was born on a planet whose year is 405 Earth days long. So my birthdate precesses around your calendar by just under six weeks each year. Which means that this year, my birthday falls on April 17th. 8-}

KD

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    *bounces up and down * In a sense I have two birthdays this year..milestone importance plus regular birthday hehe :D :D

*looks hopeful*

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I wouldn't want to add to your work load, plus I think what you've done with Improbable MIssion, is more than birthday present enough.. of course you could alway do a little more in there. :D ;)

Sorry to hear you're not comfortable with your birthday being publicly anounced, I'd love to send wishes out... though I quite understand.

16. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, you know, once you've been anonymously stalked once, even if nothing really dangerous appears to have come from it, you get a bit twitchy about being too free with identifying information in public. 'Course I often forget to watch the anecdotes and so probably have said enough in enough places that those who know me could figure it out but I see no reason to make it really easy.

KD

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Congrads on the job Master!! [:D]

(edit: KD I juz love that icon! [face_love] What a great profile of him!!! =P~)

Man I'm bumbed... Mr. Lee won't be able to make it to C3 :_|

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    LOL Congratulating me in public before I even post it :p

Yay!! I got my first permanent part-time job!! I haven't had a permanent job since we've been married and boy does our bank account show it :p

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Anonymously stalked??? Geesh, how incredibly scary k_d. I can understand about not wanting to make it easy... a friend just sent me an e-mail about Google's little thingy about just typing your phone number in the search and coming up with all th info from a phone phone... did they really need to make it that much easier?? Time to get my number unlisted...

Layren, congrats on the new job!!! What will you be doing??

20. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Congratulations on the new job Layren! [face_dancing]

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Congrats on the new job, Layren.

Oh, and Lucas is going to be on 60 minutes this weekend!

Trailer coming up in the next hour and 1/2. Yippee!:D

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    She's gonna be youngling watching!

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Yep. I'll be working in the creche part time :p Probably will get lots of bunnies from watching them play :p

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Layren, how cool! Getting to watch and care for kids and being able to leave them there at the end of day. Lucky girl!! ;) :D

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Just saw the trailer. Will not talk about it for all the spoilers that are in it!!!!! But it was so awesome that I want to see the movie NOW!

I have a big screen tv and HDTV. It was beautiful...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.