main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maverick of the Living Force ~~~New Challenge: First Padawan Important Announcement ~~~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Layren, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Diane I for one am more then thrilled the OBifans have you to Defend the Master. Slug painting??? Dare I ask what that is?? LOL!

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Heck, Leona defending Qui-Gon, I do it all the time over there...LOL. When they interviewed me, they even asked why Qui-Gon - so I told them... :D I try always to seek balance so I just make sure that the balance doesn't go too overboard in one direction or another... :p

As for slug painting, it was one of my earlier silly stories - it might have been my first story on these boards :eek:. It's a Jungle in There. I never really defined slug painting but I figured he helped the slugs to paint - the paints were edible so the slugs actually enjoyed the painting part and, if they followed his Force signature, there would be a painting at the end. He would become one with the slugs...:D Don't ask.

3. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Dianethat was wonderful. In the short time that she had known him, Master Jinn had gone through slug painting, rope sculpture, Dagabohan music, mold growing, and exotic dancing,... conjures up wild images!

I had not read that before, it's was great!

4. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Thanks. I really liked the image of exotic dancing, myself...:D all that tall, lean Jedi Master with his hair loose about his face. Yummy! [face_love]

5. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Layren: Thanks :D

re Diane: Slug painting!!!! LOL. That really set me off :D. I think I've read the jungle piece before...I remember spending an evening reading up your works industriously [face_laugh] - and Qui was just like I'd imagined him to be. Yep, I chose a relatively happy time (there're few enough of those, anyway) - for the interview...I have the feeling he wouldn't have agreed to do it, otherwise. You could make Obi do something like that, with his instinct to follow rules, but if you approached Qui with a survey or something, after Xanatos - I think he would have stared straight through said surveyor, said "Please remove your person from my presence, before you become a decorative artifact...and I apologize for any inconvenience caused." :D. Agree with Leona: am glad Qui has you to defend him. :D [Will join forces with you, of course!]

I think exotic dancing would suit him - not sure if I can imagine him *enjoying* the dancing part...but he strikes me as the kind of person who would *love* to try anything new, at least once. (hair loose about his face...what *is* it about his hair? :D). I don't know - Qui strikes me as being rather...child-like, sometimes. He'd be the kind to believe in fairy-tales, if he's given the chance. Wouldn't he?

[So you collect rocks too, eh? <grin>]

6. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    - Qui strikes me as being rather...child-like, sometimes. He'd be the kind to believe in fairy-tales, if he's given the chance. Wouldn't he?

... I agree. At least I can see him enjoying the thought that good tales could be true... the pot o gold at the end of the rainbow... or Santa... somthing like that. Though logic would dictate the non belief in that kind of stuff I think it would give him pleasure to see children made happy by them.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks. I really liked the image of exotic dancing, myself... all that tall, lean Jedi Master with his hair loose about his face. Yummy!

OK now that's what I like to see come first thing on a Mon morn!! [face_love] And what an image! Wow :eek: Hmmm now that does strike up a 'pose' that's for sure! [face_mischief]

Yeah baby! Dance for us Qui-Gon! =P~

8. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    ithesock
    I remember spending an evening reading up your works industriously - and Qui was just like I'd imagined him to be. [face_blush] Thanks. I haven't written as much as some but I keep plugging away.

but if you approached Qui with a survey or something, after Xanatos - I think he would have stared straight through said surveyor, said "Please remove your person from my presence, before you become a decorative artifact...and I apologize for any inconvenience caused."
    That had me laughing because I could picture it so clearly!!! [face_laugh]

As for the hair thing, I'm a 60s child. Grew up with men's hair being shoulder length and loving it. Besides running my fingers through his hair would be quite a wonderful thing to do. Although I can just picture he looking askance and asking, very politely, what was I doing??? Of course, I'd then have to explain in detail and show him just what I was doing... :D

9. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ Diane.

I have a great deal of fellow feeling for Qui-bubbleboy-Gon today. I have just spent two hours cleaning up 2/3 of a bottle of laundry soap that managed to dump itself onto the floor of my "laundry room". Thankfully the dog didn't walk through it but still. Argh!

KD

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, KD, the perils of the laundry room. I hope you didn't slip in it... too much. :D Luckily the dog didn't try and lick it up or drag it all through the house! LOL.

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    *sigh*

Love the image of being able to run my hands throught Qui-Gon's hair... or spending the time and just combing it out gently.

k_d, I can relate to that kind of accident... had that happened a number of years ago, luckily in the basement.

12. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Whoa. <has sudden vision of Healer and Diane staring dreamily at Master Jinn's hair>

Qui-Gon[puzzled, and curious]: May I enquire what you're looking at?

Healer: Um...

Diane: I love long hair. And yours is so...well-maintained.

Healer [longingly]: You wouldn't mind if I brushed it, would you? Just once?

ithesock[who appears suddenly]: Oh come on, let us.

Qui-Gon [speaks into his com-link]: I would like to report three human females who are...never mind. [debates something for a moment, sits down, and produces a comb]. Just once, you understand?

Sorry, couldn't resist that :D

13. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I think the rule of three applies in this case. You know, one is just a harmless aberation <g, d, rfc>, two might be coincidence, but three is a conspiracy. I'm betting by three he'd be like "I'm dreadfully sorry ladies, but I am late for an appointment on the other side of the galaxy. No, I'm afraid I don't know when I'll be back. No, sorry, I couldn't possibly take civilian passengers." All while he is backing towards the door with one hand ready to open it the second he gets there. The other hand held in front of him to fend off any rushing attacks, with his commlink in it and his thumb on the emergency panic button.

Or maybe not. If the Force tells him to live in the moment...

I've been beating my brains out on a story for the swap so I have been gone from writing Qui-Gon for a while now. Thankfully I am almost done with the swap story so I hope to be able to get to the challenge soonish...

KD

14. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    ithesock [face_laugh] Very funny. I enjoyed the visuals that went off in my head!

KD I feel your pain. I've been working for 2 weeks on something and it's driving me batty. I'll beat it into submission eventually.

As for Qui, while I'd like to say he'd live in the moment, more likely he'd be backing away when he saw the determined looks on our faces. [face_love] And thinking about running! Sometimes, even a Jedi Master must know when to retreat.

The boards have been all but impossible to post on the last day or so. Hope they don't have some huge computer virus!

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    ithesock and KD that was hilarious! [face_laugh]

Ahhh but the hair appears to be of excellent texture indeed! I bet it would be soft ;) And the beard! [face_love] now that's what I like! =P~ I bet that if a lady asked him to be gruffed his expression would be priceless!! [face_laugh]

16. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    ithesock - I agree, I can so see Leona and Diane utterly stoked with that image...except all dreams have a nasty habit of cutting out right at the good bits. I think knowing poor Leona's fortune (or at least her alter-ego) that would be the point at which I would feel obliged to walk up to Quiggy armed with a pair of scissors and perform some topiary on his locks...just out of devilment! ;)

17. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Jemmiah, my dreams never stop just before the good parts [face_whistling] :D. They always go right to the end. [face_love]

And don't touch the hair!!!!! LOL.

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Jem... you know me too well. Yes, my dreams when I have them and I've yet to have a cannon SW dream (I've dreamt of Dex Berlingside :D) don't ever get to the end.. the good one anyway.

Diane, you're very lucky.

k_d, sounds all too tough. Hope you get the swap one done, I'm looking forward to more of Improbable Mission.

ithesock... sweet, thank you!! :D :D [face_love]

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey guys! Just started my new job this morning :p I have a split shift -- thank goodness for that or I'd never make it through the day ;) It sure was nice only being there for two hours this morning and coming to crash -- boy I needed it -- been ages since I got up this early. I was up and gone to work before my husband rolled out of bed :p

All that to say -- what do you think Qui-Gon's habits are? Don't remember if we've discussed this or not so I'm throwing it out there. Is he a morning person? or is he the type to not roll out of bed until he's had 4 cups of coffee? ;) Thoughts? Comments ..

20. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I have always pictured him as the type to wake up with the sun and take a walk in the garden or something. And then come back and drag his padawan out of bed. :p

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I agree :) I think he was a morn person. I don't think the Living Force would let him sleep in. Though in his younger years I could see this as a problem for his fellow creche mates who weren't morning people. I can see a very young Qui trying to get his fellow younglings out of bed to see the sunrise or to get in the cafeteria early enough to beat morn traffic! [face_laugh] Shoot I bet even the creche Master got a lil grumpy at Qui's morning enthusiasm!

22. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Sithly work kept me from replying earlier...

Healer and Diane...glad you liked the visuals so much :D. Although, if Jemmiah decided to go after him with a pair of scissors, she'd have three/or more very irate fans to contend with. [face_laugh]

KD - Qui's always a man of the moment. He *might* decide to put up with it, and them murmur, "As the Force wills...". After which, of course, he would extract terrible promises from his fans to aid him in some weird mission. :D

As for the 'morning=person' thing...hmmm. I think he likes his mornings - but he's not much too strict about yanking everyone off to explore soothing sunrises, or gardens reeking of the Living Force. He enjoyed early mornings...but probably washed his hands off 'late-morning' people with a resigned sigh. :)

His padawans, now... :D

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Congrats Layren. Working is hard work! Just remember to take more breaks if you need to!

ithesock Three irate ladies. Believe me, I know a lot of irate ladies would storm Jemmiah if she ever did that! [face_devil] :D

As for Qui being a morning person, I can certainly see him doing that. Probably gets up with the dawn to soak in the quiet before the day's bustle begins. And probably does not want to share it. It's all very well for sharing with his Padawans once in a while but I can see him doing it on a daily basis, all quiet and serene... He sits by the water at the Room of a Thousand fountains, the mist gathering around the lake in ribbons of white. Quiet, quiet except for the far-off music of rushing water, cascading down the hillside. Fresh green scents the air and there is a cool taste of moisture even as the dew settles on his skin.

I can so picture it! :D

24. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Ahhhh........Qui-Gon sitting in the Room of a thousand Fountains...dew. Mist. Cool. Peace....long weaves of hair falling about his face perfectly.

At the risk of going off into a trance or something <shakes self> Diane, your visuals are much too....realistic :D

All that morning talk just put me in mind of something - what would his typical day be like? Starting from the second he gets up, to when he heads back...mmm. I don't think he's a caf person either. More like a tisane/cordial person :D [Has this thing been done already in the older thread?]

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I know he wouldn't want to share it probably but I was meaning the grabbing of others when he was a munchkin :p

As for his layout... the morning thing prob with meditation. Doing what work is required for him that day after breakfast. (though for some reason I don't picture him a breakfast type... more lunch and dinner *shrugs*) Has lunch perhaps meditate afterward if possible. Do work which hadn't been done as of yet that morn, eat dinner. Enjoy some evening time in the Room of the Fountains with meditation once more. Late eve prior to bed - visiting friends.

Though this would be like prior Padawans or in between Padawans. If with Padawans he'd spend most of the time training them I'd think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.