main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Max Payne 3: A Bad Day in L.A.

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: Well, the Strike Team and their character SHIELD . . . :p

Okay guys, ladies. We did it and really took this award. I am not even sure if I ever gave that a thought before, but now that we got it! I wanna say I am proud we all together made this game.

This here is your game, so congratulations to you all! =D= =D= =D=

2. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    And this group enters . . . Chapter Three of Twelve

Chapter Three: There goes the neighbourhood

Apartment Complex

Level Three

Malcolm made the rules. And these cops did not get it. "Two in the stairwell. Have taken down Roberts when he got to low." One of his men reported. "Elevator came up. Empty." Malcom nodded. The stairwells were easy o defend. The elevator was a little bit more tricky, especially as he considered payne was there. Both ended up asking for the same solution to the problem.

"Give ´em fireworks." He said and nodded. Then loading his own gun. "Then get the guys in the Stairwell between our teams and kill whatever is left of them. Team three and Four, follow me. And you my little, will suffer for all of this." he hissed in the totally devastated apartment a young girl was bound to a cheap chair. Bleeding where her bruises had cracked up her skin. Malcolm did remove his brass nuckles from his hand. he had used them to "work on her" but now they would use a lot more uncomfortable means.

"We take her with us, too hot here. prepare to move her through the other Stairwell." He ordered the two men remaining for her and the two teams, each consisting of five men followed him, spreading in the corridors as he signalled them with silent signs of his hand.

[image=http://thumbs.filmstarts.de/wallpaper/MercenaryForJustice_scene_04.jpg] Malcolm

Stairwell

Miranda was covering the door, while Dani talked over the radio to Julien. just as she assured him, the thundering sound of a shot rang thrugh the concrete stairwell. She felt the pain as something pierced her vest. A second shot hit the concrete next to her annd no third came to finish her. Instead two objects dropped to the ground next to her, thrown down from above. Grenades. the sounds of a third one from the stairs could be heard somewhere and just as the two woman realized the danger three men began unloading their AK 74 on the door miranda was covering, ripping the cheap wood apart in the process. Spreading bullets throughout their line of fire.

From above sn explosion could be heard.

Tag: Sithy

Elevator, Level Three

Max waited for anybody to enter the elevator. but even with their heavy losses, these guys stayed pros. they kept their clam. Instead of men, a single small object entered the Elevator. A detonator attached to a C5 package. The elevator was about to blow up.

In the corridor five men spread behind cover to await Max, should he try to shot his way out. And another five and Malcolm awaited him in the rooms around.

Tag: LordT

Back of the building

Vic and Shane found the back of the building to be far from empty. No, the firestairs were actually used by the two Cleaners coming down to three vans parked there. the escape vehicles, without doubt. A third cleaner with a G36i was waiting between the vans. The guard, surely.

Tag: SirakRomar

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Anita Blake

Silence followed Dante's shots from directly overhead. Anita's hearing was practically nonexistent from gunshots fired in a closed corridor without any ear protection and time seemed to stand still. First off, she was lucky and relieved to still be alive. Second, just because the bad guys had stopped shooting didn't mean they couldn't shoot more. Third, she was going to have to get some ear plugs if she kept hanging around Dante. She looked backwards for a second, relieved to see she was only a few feet from Dante. A burning sensation was next to her right arm. That didn't make sense, no one had lit a fire. She whipped her head around to find one of the shells from Dante's weapon sitting against her arm. She hadn't noticed it during the fight, but now it was burning her skin. She shifted to the left, still attempting to keep her weapon pointed in the direction of the bad guys.

After what seemed like hours but was probably only a few minutes after the shooting stopped, Anita heard one of the men talk. He taunted Dante with bits of information and threats. Anita looked up when he said he surrendered and figured it was safe to stand. She was sick of being on her stomach anyways. She slowly rose to her feet. Her side already ached from where her gun had dug into her when she'd hit the ground earlier. At least I'm alive and I can still hear, she thought to herself.

"You ok?" she asked Dante. "I seem to still be alive." she continued after conducting a quick once over of herself now that she was on her feet.

Her brow furrowed as she finally was able to focus on what the man was saying. "Dante? Your call. You can leave, I'll be able to handle this."

Tag: Kahn, Draco

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    EDIT: Whoops! This was supposed to be a PM.

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: I considered just succumbing to the grenades, as to do otherwise was going to really strain my credibility meter.

IC: Miranda Frost, top of the stairs to Level One

Crouched at the top of the first set of stairs where the shooter had been, the MI6 agent had been thinking it was time to break out the fluoroscope again to feed around the corner and look up to the next level, which would be out-of-sight, above, and behind the two girls.

At least, that was what she had been thinking.

Two single shots from above, the first slamming Dani unconscious into the steps beside Miranda, the second zinging off the tiles, disabused her off that idea!

Rookie mistake! Miranda raged at herself, Rookie mistake. ****, grenades!

Two ominous black spheres landed on the step between them, Miranda batting the things away to arc down the steps towards the hallway just off the lobby, while rolling back-to-back on top of Dani to shield her from further attacks from above!

BOOM! She loosed a blast from the shotgun up to wherever the shots had come from.

The nearby door that led to the first floor apartments shredded under the attentions of automatic weapons from the other side, light blue paint and wood chips spraying into the stairwell over Miranda?s head.

There was a muffled explosion from somewhere up above.

?Get off me!? Dani gasped from under her. ?Can?t breath!?

Tag: GM

6. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Dante
    Morgue

Dante narrowed his eyes at the accusing 'cleaner' Cops flash badges. Cops don't carry MP5's. Cops don't shoot first, nor do they shoot to kill. Straight cops anyway. Things were starting to point more and more towards an inside job. Like the skinner's had infiltrated the PD or some group within the PD was taking advantage of it all for some other means. But none of that mattered at the moment. Dante was not in a position to pause and think.

With a sigh louder then he probably would have liked Dante holstered his two custom guns and looked at Anita, "You're going to have to take this. I've become a liability. If what he says is true, then they know me, and I need to go 'away'." Dante turned and started to run towards the nearest exit. "You know how to get a hold of me!" He yelled out behind him as he turned a corner and all but burst through an exit.

Rushing into the parking lot Dante leapt into his car, cranked her up and pulled out into traffic heading back to his hotel. He'd need to cover his tracks, pick up everything and disappear. It was time for Dante Sparda to go away for a while. Maybe if he was lucky he'd be able to move about as Tony Redgrave, but he'd need to hid his car, and get some new clothes. Either way, it looked like he wasn't going to be doing any more investigating right away. And that, pissed him off.

Tag: Sey, nobody

OOC:
    And with that, I leave, at least for the moment. Its been fun, but the last few pots-go-round I've been finding it harder and harder to write coherent posts. The blame doesn't go to any particular thing, part of its me, part of its other things. but I just can't see myself continuing this game right now without bringing the quality of the game and my own posts down.

Till next time
    [image=http://vincentmikaru.twilightmainframe.net/Stored%20Images/DevilMayCryAnimeLogo.jpg]

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Xan Edit: Removed at GM's request.

8. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Hey hey hey ... what happened? Aren't we all friends here?

<s>I'll leave these posts here for now; Draco, if you'd like us to enforce your game rules and remove them, just say the word.</s> ETA: I have heard from Draco and by his request, I'm removing the offending posts and temporarily locking this thread. It will be reopened when he wishes.

Everyone please bear this in mind:

Sithy, Sirak, Fins - take it to PM, but please keep it civil. (I understand Draco told Fins to keep an eye on things for the next few days.) There was some unnecessary harshness up there. As I'm sure you guys know, PMs are subject to the board rules too.

My PM box is also open if any of you have questions or complaints about this matter. :)

11. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    So, so . . . we´re unlcokled and all of my remaining players will get PMs from me soon. We are a little game now, but that suits me well. And with a reformed storyline I am looking foreard to get this game back on track with you who stayed with me.

Expect an update soon.

Draco

12. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: So, we will continue from now on. I know dsome people had interest in joining us, but never msade it in. Now we got plenty of room and if sanybody who intended to jump aboard reads this . . . he/she is more than welcome to submit a CS. Until then we got two players. Sith-I-5 and I decided to part ways on friendly terms. His character will die in my opening. Which leaves me with two players and two interesting plots to follow.

Chapter Three: There goes the Neighbourhood

Apartment

Stairways

The grenades exploded all around Miranda, the shots kept on coming and the staircase fulfilled itßs purpose. Being a deathtrap to everybody trapped in it. The Cleaners pumping salvo after slavo from three entrances into the area where they guessed the two woman were.

Later they would be found by the police, lying there in the stairways and killed by a hundred shots. The only suspect would be named Payne. Max Payne.

Tag: Nobody

Floor

The explosion ripped apart large parts of the elevator shaft, as Max Payne dodged out of itßs radius. it was a mircale it had not initially killed him. But the Special Ops were ready to change that in an instant. Assault rifles, guns. Shotgun shells being pumped into their chambers. The corridor filled with messengers of death. And death was what would spread here soon.

Tag: LordTroepfchen

[b]
    Chapter Two: Whatever War is . . . [/b]

[i]Morgue[/i]

It wasn´t long after Dante left that Polaski and the other had made it there. Almost too fast. The Cleaner had been taken into custody and Anita was assured their "best" would interrogate them. Polaski had brought her naother coffee, while another Cop had taken her statement of the shooting. The same happened to Grissom, sitting opposite of her.

"So, any clue to our skinning guys?" Polaski asked finally, looking up to her. "The DA is making fire under our butts, you know." He laughed out. "So if you got anything, that might be helpful. Really, really helpful." Grissom looked up, but siad nothing about the butterflies. Leaving it to Anita.

[b]Tag: Sey[/b]

13. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Max Payne
    Third Floor, Battleground L.A.

Only a guy iwth a giant clown head and it´s New York all over again.

At least they did not keep me waiting. MY body moves. Seemingly faster than anybodfy else. My finger pushing the trigger, my heart pumping eternally slow compared to the artificial pulse of the gun in my hand. Kill, kill kill.

The bullets hit the floor all aroudn me, I see splinter in eternal gratitude spread in the room. See objects move past me, as if they could be catched from the air. My own shells rain to the ground like the vengeance of an iron god. The first never realizes I have rutrned fire as bullets rip his chest and head apart. Some of those who carry his blood strike right through him and hit the leg of his partner, coming up behind. I stp shooting for a sec. Take it to me face, pressing it against me and hit the trigger. A final salvo makes the MP-5 tremble and three messengers of death deliver my greetings to Number Twos skull.

It is primal. It is kill or be killed. And as always my body refuses to die. A sound. Clack Clack. From the door to my left. I let got of the MP-5, while kicking at the massive wooden door. It jumps out of it´s lock and crashed against them an behind it. Hits his gun, distracts his shot. Leaves him defenseless for the second my Beretta needs into my hand. We both know it´s over. It´s almsot romantic in a bloody kind of way, how he looks at me. As I take his eyes, by shooting right between them. A shot makes the door next to me explode into bits and pieces. I dive into the room right to me. And an assault gun somewhere from the dutsy end of the corriodr unleashes it´s fury on everything in it´s grasp. A scream accompanies it. A loss of control in it. A drag the Desert Eagle from my belt and as shots hiss past me, shots who have come through the wall and into the room I am hiding in now, I return fire. Once, twice, three, four . . . the other one pulls the trigger once and get thrity bullets into my dircetion. Five. Six. My final shot has no effect and his final one misses me also. As I dived in, I know dive out, as he does not even care to reload, but grabs his handguzn from his belt. He never points it at me, as my shots hit him in the chesat and head and he collapses. Coughing, I wait. Silence. After the storm. Too silent. I come to my feet, grabbing the Shotgun of the guy who had tried to get me through the door. The romantic. And I hear a step. A careful step. I point the shotgun and relase every hsot it hold. Ripping apart the thin walls of the appartment and hearing screams behind it. Shots. Someone pulling a tirgger, but hitting only a ceiling, as he is hit twice by me. Dragging my Beretta back from my belt I leave the appartment, back to the floor, around the corner. Loosing no time. And I am right. The guy is still alive, trying to open his holster.

He looks at me. And coughs blood. "Dammit, I deserved better than this." He say and smiled. Blood floating from his mouth. I point my gun at his head. No mercy f9r the wicked. "I doubt that, fella." I say and pull the tirgger.

Suruvival is a binary choice. think I mentioned it. For him it was not a one. It was a zero. Zero life is left in him. And I step over his body. Another ten shots in my mag, I recall and search for the girl. They´re all dead.

Tag: Draco

14. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    [image=http://www.nilsernst.de/dl/gameover-wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg]

A (Final) Word From The GM of Bad Day in L.A.

Well it was great as long as it lasted. I really developed the idea with DarkLordoftheFins in a few hours, wrote an OP and he put it up. It was an enthusiastic rushjob, this game. We got more submissions than we had dreamt of. And I must say I loved how the game kicked off. We had several story-arcs planned and I loved to introduce characters from all kinds of canon into one big fun storyline. The system worked fine. I think for a few weeks "Kill Quotas" were pretty popular. And I must say I loved the effort many players took with bringing their characters to the game. We had drop outs, obviously. And later on, we had some trouble. I had a pretty clear vision of how this thing should fly and some players were very d´accord with that vision. Others not. Especially the great range of players who joined us lead to inevitable clashes in game philosophies and I think the game had a worse end than it deserved. I take responsibility for that. Who else should be to blame, than the GM.
    But I also feel honored and satisfied Bad Day in L.A. got an award, got a lot of good players and got a few truly magic moments. Thanks those who did this for these moments.
    I think I truly, TRULY did not deserve my award for this, but I assume I have created a bit enthusiasm. And that is really something. For my first run, I´d say I did a good debut. Now a month has passed since me reopening it and only one player is left. You know you should go home, when the bar is empty, the Germans always say. I got no illusion this game has come to it´s natural end . . .

If someone is actually still interested in what was behind it, he can always PM me.

Otherwise I want to thank all the people who supported the game. Especially Fin without whom I would not **** about RPing and would never have dared to do my own game. Thanks Fin!

And I want to thank LordTroepfchen who is the last player standing. Which might be something I will have to talk about, after this whiny little rant of mine.

So Bad Day in L.A. is dead.

Or is it?

[u][b]A Word from the GM of Max Payne 3[/b][/u]

Yeah, there was this thing with my promise. Stupid me actually believes in promises and I did promise I would play this to an end even if only one player was left to play, right? Right. Well . . . I got one player. And accidentially it is one helluva player. Among the best I ever met. And with his Max Payne he did an amazing job. Sad enough he won´t be around forever now. So what do I do about that?

And me and him, we got something else in common.

We do not believe THIS is Max Payne.

[image=http://www.ploynt.de/uploads/newsimages/2009/12/original/1259942867_max_payne3_2.jpg]
    And it´s totally silly to believe THIS guy got anything to do with Max except sharing a name!

[image=http://www.wallpaperez.net/wallpaper/movie/Max-Payne-Mark-Wahlberg-1699.jpg]

And that means we got no Max. Except the one we make!

So, I keep my promise. One player left. LordT. You´re prologue is over, now.

Now it´s time to have a bad day, Mr. Payne. Indeed.

[b]Welcome to Max Payne 3, LordT. Welcome to Max Payne 3. [/b]

[b][color=midnightblue]Xan Edit: Gotta fully star that out![/color][/b]

15. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    The trick in my situation is that there was no trick, no matter what the movies tell you. No rules, no secret mantra, no road map. It wasn't about how smart or how good you were. It was chaos and luck, and anyone who thought different was a fool. All you could do was to hang onn madly, as long and hard as you could.
    - Max Payne, New York, 1994 -

[image=http://shooter-szene.4players.de/albums/NewsNew/max_payne_2_logo.png]

[hr]

[hl=black][color=white][b]Max Payne 3: Bad Day in L.A.[/b][/color][/hl]

[hr]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omQ-7wZTXvI]A cop. A husband. A lover. A fallen.[/link]

Max Payne had been many things. And he has paid a price for every single one of hs transformations. A year has passed since Mona Sax has died. A year since Vladimir lem has betrayed him. And a year later Max Payne is ripped from his lethargy, when a helpless girl calls him in the middle of the night. Using a name of the past and asking him to save her Lt. Payne took the next flight to L.A. and is suddenly trapped again a game of death and violence. Where the MI-5, dirty cops and a new incarnation of the "Cleaners" killer commando seem to fight for the young girl.

[image=http://www.nadine-rossa.de/sketchbookblog/uploaded_images/silhouette-790204.gif]

And just beneath the surface an unknown enemy is once again pulling the strings. And Max Payne refuses to follow.

It was bound to be a Bad Day. In L.A. . . .

[image=http://fc03.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/169/3/9/Heat___Crime_Pays.jpg] [image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/039/5/1/Max_Payne_by_largopredator.jpg] [image=http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/264/2/0/Mona_Sax_by_Qsec.jpg]

[hr]

[u][b]Players[/b][/u]

Well, that should actually be "player". LordTroepfchen will play Max Payne. And that´s the only player we will have. What has been played under the title of A Bad Day in L.A. so far will serve as a prologue for this game. And no other leads will be accepted. This here is as much of a tribute to the character as it is to my good friend. And it is first and foremost an experiment. We try the first true intended one-on-one here. Wish us luck.

You wanna join? Well, one thing we gotta offer. We will have guest stars. A classiical supporting cast. Femme fatales and villains, thugs and mysterious informants. All that you like. If you wanna be part of our experiment write a PM to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=Sir_Draco]Sir_Draco[/link] (that´s me) and let us see.

[u][b]Rules[/b][/u]

Well, LordT, dear guests . . . the rules of Bad Day basically apply.

[i]1. GM word is . . . well . . .
    2. No posting if you are not part of the game. OOC is actually forbidden.
    3. TOR and rules are to be followed.
    4. Godmodding is actually allowed. As is auto-hitting. I just trust you LordT.
    5. Everything concerning the game please to my address, okay? [/i]
    [b]6. Go for it![/b]

And now, let´s begin . . .

16. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
  17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Draco left it to me to do a Max-like beginning. Who am I oocing to anyway, here? [face_laugh]

Prologue: It begins like all things in my life . . .

. . . with the death of a woman.

It´s a draw. Me and Mr. Neurotic have obviously come to a tie from which there seems to be no breaking. His gun at the head of the girl. A girl who should have lead me to another girl, who should have lead me to answers. Hell. Maybe it´s a distance to long to walk all by your own. From a dying girl to answers. A desert of choices between you and truth. All spiked with traps. And just to make it fun, the past gives you a nice heavy burden that makes you tremble every step.

But I got no choice. My gun pointed at his head. I need the info from the girl. He is told to avoid me getting it at any cost.

I killed a small legion of his men. The whole apartment building is burning behind us from the battle. They did not last. Last man standing. Again. Killed ´em all. It does not matter.

"Don´t." And my words seem to pull the trigger. The brain of the poor girl is spread on the wall. His follows a split-second later. My finger does it. My brain never asked it to. It did not need to. Killing, after all, has become my very nature.

It begins like all things in my life . . . with the death of a woman.

[i]Twenty-four hours later I get shot by the worst kind of traitor. And feel the salty sea of the Pacific burn into my wounds. It hurts. Not the wound. Everything else. But that´s twenty-four hours. [/i]

[hr]
    [i]Did I had to come to L.A.?[/i]I wonder. [i]Was there a choice I made that swept me right into the pacific? [/i] I know there wasn´t. I never had a choice. Only to alternatives, to give me an illusion of it. The one I would take and the one another me in a another universe might have considered.

[hr]
    The question of free will. Laplace demon was actually right. All current and future events are causally necessitated by past events combined with the laws of nature. Observe this thesis from the perspective of a barrel of a gun and it becomes painfully clear. The decisions that brought you to this point. The right one and the wrong ones and how indistinguishable they become in the face of the consequence.

[hr]
    They have no door left to kick in. So the guy´s with the badges appear from nowhere. Hand up. Hands up. Yeah, sure. Before my gun can be dropped, I got a rifle in my neck. My feet get ripped from the ground and I land on my bruised body. Pain. Everywhere. I looked up, as they make the cuffs snap around my ankles. The bald-headed cop looks down on me. "Looks like you are a prime suspect." He presses through his teeth. "Get him into the barn. I´ll deal with the crime-scene." Then he hits me right into the face. "True what they about you. Payne. You deserve your name." And the two other cops drag me out. Into the night.

[image=http://technouveau.net/Galvatrons_Rear.jpg]

[i]And my journey begins again . . . [/i]

[b]Tag: Draco, SirakRomar[/b]

18. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    The Story:

Prolog: It begins like all things in my life . . .

Act I - A Bad Day in L.A.

Act II - Kill 'em all, let the Coroner sort 'em out

Act III - Infernal Affairs

Epilog: Red Rain

The First Guest Star: SirakRomar as Sgt. Vic Mackey

[b]Act I - A Bad Day in L.A.[/b]

[hr]

They called the barn. A police-station in the ruins of a church.

A NYPD cop under arrest, a lot of dead and no answers. It was always bad if there were no answers. Because it meant questions would be asked.

Vic Mackey had brought his New York colleague in and even as he arrived in the barn, he knew it had been a futile attempt. Julien had already reported Payne saving them. And the death of many of the murderers of Dani Sofa and an unknown british woman had made Payne more of a hero than a villian. It had made him also Vic´s only lead to Nadja. Or whatever the girl called herself now.

"I´ll have your back." shane sighed and nodded to the watchroom, where an old TV set and a video-recorder were showing the interrogation. He would make sure nobody realized they would be turned off.

And Ronni and Lem, another two cops following Mackey, brought Payne into that interrogation room. Taking of his cuffs. Finally they left and allowed Vic to be alone with him.

[b]Tag: SirakRomar, LordTroepfchen[/b]

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Chapter One, Part One - The Barn

Vic Mackey
    The Club House, Barn

[image=http://martabreen.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/axn_080714_0055_51d89336.jpg]

?What do we do about him? He knows too much?? Gardocki speaks out what all of them think. Mackey shakes his head. ?Nothing, we just need to keep him off the streets long enough to make sure he doesn´t get the girl. And find her. Any leads?? He askes around. ?Except the dying girl telling him where to look?? Shane asks and folds his arms. ?You know, I say you distract Dutch and Claudette and I go in there and make him tell his story.? Shane says and nods. ?He is softer than he thinks.? Shane adds.

?So are we.? Vic only replies and thinks about the threat they are under. Find the girl, or the Armenians will get a hint with a few family addresses. ?I talk to Payne, you guys get word on the streets we look for that girl.? Ronny and Shane nod. Only Lem stays, as they go out. ?What is it?? Vic asks. Shane sighs. His tortured look on his face. ?Boss, that is a Cop. Maybe he is right, is he?? Vic raises his lip, angry. ?He is a killer, you read that files. A batch doesn´t make him a white head. You listen? There is no good cop in this. Except us. Let us get the girl, before someone kills her.? Vic pads Shanes shoulder andh e nods. ?I just mean . . . Vic, think about it. He is a cop.? Shane nods and goes away.

The cable is easily removed from the cam. And Payne awakes with a gun pressed to his head. ?Tell me where she is and I´ll tell them you didn´t shot her.? Vic says. ?Or you . . .? Mackey opened the handcuffs. ? . . . did a little magic trick and suddenly you were all over me. I had to defend myself.? Vic raised his eyeborw, doing that harmless face of his, that actually looked all to intimidating.

[b]Tag: LordT[/b]

20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Max Payne
    The Barn

Cops. I can smell them. An interrogation room. A police station. The scent of fear. Always the same. Never pleasant. This was not part of the vague thing I liked to refer to as a plan. It was not forseen either. I know things will spiral out of control from here on. I know I have crossed a line and there is no going back. The past vanishes behind you, as you stomp into the bloody future. Things grow irreversible. People die. In streets, flats, firefights . . . prison cells.
    The gun is a real opener. The cold metal at my head gets the guy my attention. ?Right after you pulled out the cable? You´re not such an amateur. I´ll tell you, where she is. Just allow me to make one call.? I say and stare at the man. A bloodhound. Streetsmart, but to full of himself. Not vanity. Trust in his own ability. Your abilities are liars. Tell you all kind of things that are not true and let you find out yourself which one were true.

?Or get me a lawyer.? I add. These guys hate lawyers. I know. Because I do. Looking at my free hand, I wonder if I should . . .

Tag: SirakRomar

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Vic Mackey
    Interrogation Room, The Barn

?You make no rules here. And a lawyer? I did not hear that one. Must have missed the request. But you know what? You tell me where she is and I make sure those brothers out there, sniffing their way through the evening get he and play Nanny. Hm? Because they look for her.? He hisses. And pushes his gun back to his holster. ?Or does that actually turn you on Payne, hm? A guy with your name has to become a cop or a guy getting whipped for five dollars an hour, right?? Mackey smiled at him and turned to leave. Then he turned. ?Okay, I´ll get word on the streets these guys shall have fun or do you wanna tell me something?? He asked. Payne protects people. Just as he does. They´re two of a kind. Just that Payne is a little too weak, probably. He´ll talk. The girl is his weakness. Vic steps back to him and leans of the desk. ?I respect a guy with a gun and batch, like the other guy. But you know what? If you don´t tell me, I´ll watch her die and piss on her grave. So TELL ME WHERE SHE IS?!?!?

Tag: LordT

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Max Payne

I get it. There is something desperate and this guy. Something hunted. Something unbalanced. Mackey is a dangerous man. But so am I.

And if that guy wants to see who of us got more testosterone in his blood, it is probably time to show him I am beyond that.

As he leans over me I look into the deactivated cam. Then it all goes really fast. It usually does in these kind of situations. Although in my eyes it slows down to an underwater act. One shark biting another. My legs kicks both his knees under the table and my hand grab his head an rams his face into the desk. Before he recovers form it, the palm of my hand has dived into his throat and cuts of his air. He stumble and I am at the door locking it. I am impressed the guy has the will to draw his gun and point it at me. I kick him between his legs and fetch it from his hand.

?They handcuff suspects for a reason, Mac.? I say as my world returns to the normal speed. ?They might be more dangerous than you think.? I check the gun. .45er. Smith % Wesson. Not my type but it will have to do. ?So, I got the feeling you don´t wanna share Nadja, do you? Elena. Whatever that snitch calls herself. I want you to nod, if you agree with that." The look of the man was angry. He would charge against me as soon as he could. I did not allow that. Instead I kicked him into his knee. ?What do you think. I just walk out there and tell them where she is. Is that what you like? Much safer for her than you guys. Your cops bring her in. Into your reach. Or out of your reach, perhaps?? Mackey gasped in pain. He tried to come up with the help of the desk. ?I only want her . . . safe.? He lied. I smirked. ?Sure.? I point at the camera he turned off. ?Then you would not sign my release papers, would you? And lend me your gun?? I put the gun at his head and can´t make myself smile. It is a smile that´s bitter. A recognition of irony. ?Would you??

Tag: Draco, Sirak

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007

Vic Mackey

Vic managed not to fade out as he collapsed. The pain was his world for a few moments, before he came back to senses, realizing what Payne had just said.

The breath was the worst of all pains. Payne had been too fast. To angry. Angry men were unpredictable. They shot you to see you bleed. Or die. They talked to see people listen. A gun to Vic´s head and an angry cop ready to talk. Vic knew he could not allow him to talk. Or people might never stop to do so. And silence was his greatest treasue now. He would not fall. Not because of the treacherous guy blackmailing him, nor because of this Cop. But Max Payne was as good as dead. Through his hissing breath he swore that guy would die!

?Be my guest.? He pressed through his teeth. And shook his head.

?Be my guest.? He repeated and fought not to fade out. For now Payne made the rules. Next time they played . . . there would be none.

Tag: LordT, Draco

24. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Max Payne
    The Barn

The paperwork was swift and the guy looked not too happy about the procedure. Actually he looked more than unhappy. But I did not care. There was not enough time to make friends. And my last ally had been shot or blown to pieces. I took my badge, my money from the counter where a uniformed cop handed them all out. The guns were all confiscated, of course. I had kept Mackey´s though. A 16 shot S&W had to do for now. And to be allowed to keep it I had dodged a guy calling himself Aceveda on my way out. I finally got his cigarettes and took one into the mouth for hte way out. Not lighting it. My lighter was actually gone. I changed my mind after searching my pockets for it without success and dropped the death stick back to his magazine, where he waited with his 17 colleagues. Apropos colleagues. The Sofagirl. "Hope your colleague will make it. Don´t get into my way, Mackey. Wouldn´t appreciate it." I leave that as a good advise to Mackey. Knowing that the intense eyes and barely disguised anger in the guys face will come back to me. Eventually.

Hopefuly I will be in New York by then. Outside fences and cars await me. And the dark L.A. night. It is 3 o clock in the morning. And I have a perfect lead to my mystery-girl. For such a time.

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Max Payne
    The Barn

The paperwork was swift and the guy looked not too happy about the procedure. Actually he looked more than unhappy. But I did not care. There was not enough time to make friends. And my last ally had been shot or blown to pieces. I took my badge, my money from the counter where a uniformed cop handed them all out. The guns were all confiscated, of course. I had kept Mackey´s though. A 16 shot S&W had to do for now. And to be allowed to keep it I had dodged a guy calling himself Aceveda on my way out. I finally got his cigarettes and took one into the mouth for hte way out. Not lighting it. My lighter was actually gone. I changed my mind after searching my pockets for it without success and dropped the death stick back to his magazine, where he waited with his 17 colleagues. Apropos colleagues. The Sofagirl. "Hope your colleague will make it. Don´t get into my way, Mackey. Wouldn´t appreciate it." I leave that as a good advise to Mackey. Knowing that the intense eyes and barely disguised anger in the guys face will come back to me. Eventually.

Hopefuly I will be in New York by then. Outside fences and cars await me. And the dark L.A. night. It is 3 o clock in the morning. And I have a perfect lead to my mystery-girl. For such a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.