main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    The guy kills at monologues so maybe the old fart in the cantina bars monologue is pivotal to the story so they hired MVS

Artoo-Dion and plaidphoenix like this.
  2. Captain B

Captain B Jedi Master star 3

Oct 8, 2014
    I can certainly see your point, but I seem to remember someone named Sir Ben Kingsley appearing in the film, Blood Rayne. Actors do what they do based on what they want. I asked for any further credible info because I had not heard any besides the artwork leak.

3. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It's that whole thing of a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma thing. Or, you know, we have way too much free time on our hands.

Artoo-Dion and Captain B like this.
  4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    being an old fart in the bar is a great alibis to showing up later in a different role

kanan katarn and plaidphoenix like this.
  5. Captain B

Captain B Jedi Master star 3

Oct 8, 2014
    Very true. Good disguise, isn't it? That was my first thought when the two pieces of art surfaced, but the one grave robber painting showed someone quite youthful so I dismissed it.

But you're right.

6. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Force ghost Obi-Wan.[face_clown]

7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Filming is over and we haven't heard a thing about MVS's role. Must be a very minor part. Hmmm.

8. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Unless he's the cyborg everyone thinks Luke is.

Ichthyocentaur likes this.
  9. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Or the voice of the cyborg like James Earl Jones.

CGI-BOBAFENT and Rabs like this.
  10. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Now that's a thought. I've been wondering for a while why they didn't simply cast a stunt double as the villain and give him a cool voiceover by someone else. But if Adam Driver is the villain and he uses the costume as a disguise to hide his regular identity as someone connected to the Alliance then they could well give him an evil MVS cyborg voice. Though I do like the idea of MVS as a grumpy barfly.

11. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I just hope he has the death sentence on 12 systems

12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Well, we haven't heard too much about what Carrie is doing either, aside from the fact she's playing Leia so I wouldn't be too quick to call MVS's role minor.

CairnsTony, D'an and Echo Base like this.
  13. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

In fact, I'd go so far as to say what information we do have has been intentionally leaked to distract us and lead speculation away from the true heart of major story elements.

14. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    That seems just a liiiiiitle bit paranoid. There's no reason for them to toy with us by giving out fake spoilers like some people think. We're perfectly capable of making those up on our own. [face_rofl]

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  15. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    ROFL? Really?
    [​IMG]
    I'm there for ya, pal.

I'm sure some of what we've seen for Episode VII is legit, but think of all the Ralph McQuarrie art that was abandoned or heavily revised for the OT. If you know you're not going to use a few things, why not throw those scraps to the masses?

16. MovingPictures73

MovingPictures73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    I had a thought he may be playing an aged version of Kanan Jarrus from the Rebels series.

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I think right now he's just an auction house bad guy who wants the lightsaber and doesn't close the deal on it. So he calls in the pirates to do it for him. A local villain in the vein of Jabba, Sebulba, Watto etc

18. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    He shall forever be Ming the Merciless! :D

I like the idea of him having a seemingly minor role that actually turns out to be very significant indeed (e.g. if he is, in fact, Plagueis in hiding...). They would not have cast the great MVS and announced him as part of the main ensemble if his involvement was small.

D'an and Immortiss like this.
  19. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    If he is Plagueis in hiding, why didn`t he come out during the OT to have his revenge on Palpatine?

20. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

So he is in hiding to watch over Ridley's character? That doesn't make much sense.

21. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    Palpatine by that point was no slouch AND protected by a whole vicious and dominating Empire (and seemingly, didn't leave the security of his palace/whatever very much). And that only matters if Plagueis were in any condition to face him.
    If it were a "Plagueis in hiding scenario" maybe it took him a long (long) time to recover from whatever Palpatine did to him that night he "murdered him in his sleep". He died, and over decades used his Force power to stay in the ether, reform a body, let that body gather strength etc. We've never seen someone resurrect themselves like that (in canon, at least), so we don't know how long and difficult it might be. I can buy it being like this.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Easy. The Dark Side was with Palpatine. He would only come out when he knows he can win. Like Sidious. Sidious saw the future and that he was going to win. He was sure of it which is why he was so confident.

23. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    Too Voldemort a while to come back, piece by piece.

24. Darth_Dru

Darth_Dru Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2001
    Or, he forsaw what anakin and Palpatine were gonna do in the future, saw that luke would turn vader back to the light, and vader would destroy the emperor. Maybe it was his whole plan all along. Let everyone do the heavy lifting, and comeback when the galaxy is at a divide and luke is maybe his most vulnerable. If he was as "wise" as palps said he was, i think this was his idea all along

Darth Raiden and Immortiss like this.
  25. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Whats interesting amongst all this is that we still don't know MVS role. We've had speculation hes a drunken cyborg, Plagueis and possibly leader of some pirates. One things for sure they are doing a good job of so far keeping info from the masses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.