main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

That would make sense if Rey was Han's daughter and he had Montross look after her on Tatooine. Given Han's apparent large role in TFA, I wouldn't be surprised if we got more pieces of his backstory like that.

HanSolo29 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    But he's a Duros from Duro.:p

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Except Han was originally set to be in Revenge of the Sith as a pre-teen living on Kashyyyk with the Wookiees. They went so far as to do concept art for him.

4. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    concept art = cannon??
    doubtful

Toonimator likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I doubt concept art that never came to fruition will stop them from writing the story they want. That makes no sense whatsoever.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    He's playing Grandpa Solo.:cool:

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    With Max being a grandfatherly dude who seems sensitive and nice, I am expecting his character to be the surprise head honcho over Driver (but below Serkis' character who is the REAL honcho like Thanos). He becomes the one who betrays those who trusted him and thus perishes as a throwaway villain so that Driver can continue his journey to evil.

8. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

So he's Dooku 2.0

9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm really hoping Max has a meaty, important role to play in TFA. Rather than that of a peripheral character without much screen time. He's such an accomplished actor, anything else would a huge waste IMO.

Darth PJ likes this.
  10. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Where's that come from?

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think Montross is the new Watto/Jabba character. Someone who holds something over one of the characters and holds them back from becoming a hero until he's defeated in some way. Watto the slave owner, Jabba the gangster and now Montross the pirate.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    a joke from the fact that people think Rey is a Solo and the description of Von Sydow's character has being a grandfather (since those 2 are acquainted/friends/partners in crime:p).;)
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/01/exclusive-descriptions-of-concept-art.html

Baron_Papanerd and turnip white like this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    MVS is playing Fixer and the set in Abu Dhabi was Tosche Station, its true I swear I was told by this old man wearing two eye patches and holding a script titled Star Wars Episode VII: The Beginning of the End. :p

14. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    [​IMG]

Since they're appropriating unused McQuarrie art already, it'd be kinda fun if MVS' costume looked like the goggled dude's in this piece. ...with Warwick Davis as his little bald sidekick?

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
  16. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Han Solo's father-now THAT would be interesting.

I still think he's supposed to appear to be a kind, gentle, wise old guide who ends up being the main villain in TFA.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Anakin. I'm booking my prediction. Only way I'll change it now is if I'm proven wrong. Then I'll backtrack and pretend I always thought he was Montross. :p

Baron_Papanerd and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wanted to put both of these passages here because they go hand-in-hand. I'm really liking the idea of MVS having a connection to Han and possibly being a mentor or paternal-like figure to him. It would also explain a lot about Rey (if she turns out to be Han and Leia's daughter) and the reason MVS apparently contacts Han to bring him to the planet.

Of course, there is also the rumor going around that he captures Han at some point and that's how we are re-introduced to Han's character, but even in that scenario, it seems like they might have had a past together. I like that a lot.

19. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Wow I like the idea of a Papa Solo. Kinda brings me back to Ford and Connery. Would explain how this Montross character could contact Han.

Baron_Papanerd and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    MVS does fit a possible age for Han's father. Not so much in real life (only a 13 year difference) but for the sake of the movie, Han is in his 60's and Max in his 80's.

But I like the idea of Max seeming to be good but ending up being evil. If that were true and he was Han's dad, it would be the Luke/Vader thing all over again.

21. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    So, regarding the new concept art: was it made after MVS was cast or was he specifically considered for the role?

22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Max is playing Han's father, Darth Plagueis. o_O

23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Impossible Han's dad can only be played by Sean Connery. ;)

Baron_Papanerd and starocean90 like this.
  24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Han's dad can only be played by the first James Bond.:cool:

nightangel likes this.
  25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    It would be fascinating to see Han's father in TFA. And MVS would be great in the role if he's given something interesting to do in relation to Han and Rey, But IDK. Seems like a long shot for some reason, like maybe MVS is basely loosely on Montross or some other character in Lucas' old drafts. But to my knowledge, Lucas has never even drafted up anything about Han's father...unless Lucas included him in the treatment for Ep7...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.