main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I think there is a higher chance we'll see Han's father in a spin off Han Solo origin film than in episode 7 but hey...thats just my opinion/theory

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I never thought of his father or mother before.

3. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    is it safe to assume... He's no Jedi.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes it is IMO.

SWITS likes this.
  5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    There was discussion about using Han's father in TESB. It's in The Annotated Screenplays.

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, an estranged father who heads the Transportation Guild. In Brackett's script Leia implores Han to ask for his assistance in aiding the Rebel Alliance. Han hates his father, However, we know that Han was written to appear in Revenge of the Sith as an orphan raised by Wookies on Kashyyyk. I'm quite thankful Lucas edited that out of the screenplay.

Baron_Papanerd, T-R- and starocean90 like this.
  7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    but it's interesting that a cyborg old guy who just happens to know personally and live on the same planet as one of the new leads and is also the one that conveniently calls Han Solo himself and add the rumors of him appearing as the possible main character in the spinoff and how the Falcon is in that movie but no Han (Spinoff), kinda increases (by a bit) that he's papa Solo.;)

8. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I tried to follow that, but I had a hard time.:oops:

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    follow what exactly???

10. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I guess I'm not completely up on the rumors to understand your stream of thought considering the possibility of MVS playing Han's father. i.e., who's appearing as a possible main character in which spinoff? And there is the Falcon in the spinoff and no Han? And how does this up the chances for Papa Solo?

I'm missing some pieces, but that's the story of my life.:p

starocean90 likes this.
  11. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I think he's talking about the long run-on sentence in your previous post.

Immortiss and starocean90 like this.
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    http://www.slashfilm.com/rumored-star-wars-spin-off-plot/
    I'm not saying it ups his chance of being Han's dad by a lot, I still think he's most likely a new character but it does possibly open the door (a tiny bit).[face_dunno];)

nightangel and Immortiss like this.
  13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey, when your as busy, quick and nimble as starocean in getting the scoops and rumors from various sites, there's little time for the convenience of periods.;)

T-R- and starocean90 like this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    there's also that I try to be quick and efficient in my posts this is after all a social media not a University or work related assignment so I don't make a great effort when writing (don't have the time to make sure everything is well written or sounds well).:p

SkywalkerOG and Immortiss like this.
  15. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Fine, as long as it doesn't turn out that he is also force sensitive, so that also Han could be force sensitive. But where has be been in the OT? ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    you find out in VII that The Force Awakens title is about the force awakening in all beings and creatures in the Galaxy so everybody becomes force sensitive, imagine all the chaos that will ensue from that....[face_devil]

Joking.:p

nightangel likes this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I have images in my head with force joking and force pushing everyone each other and a confused Luke trying to calm them down. [face_laugh]

dekaneas and starocean90 like this.
  18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Luke is like: "What the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep is going on???":confused:
    :p

nightangel likes this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    LOL! maybe that is why Luke goes into hiding. :p

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I think Max von Sydow is playing General Veers.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  21. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Ya know...I like that idea of and I've brought up General Veers before and how I love him and his other appearance (the actor Julian Glover) in other movies and shows (Indiana Jones 3 and Game of Thrones). I mentioned how I would love to see Colin Firth play his son, being like a natural lineage and rise through the ranks and high-powered General leading the Empire.

But, Julian Glover is still alive and I'd rather see him reprise the role.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so Hoth becomes the new desert Planet
    and General Veers never left Hoth.:eek::p

Vohnkar and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  23. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Well, I don't believe that at all. But, I would like to see something come of some of these generals or have some link back to the OT and PT in some aspect. I'd hope that some of these Generals rose through the ranks or their families went on to be members of the Empire or Rebels. I'd love to see that in the movies, little nods that us fans can hear and go "Oh!". I like stuff like that. Especially if it is really movies being made by fans for fans.

starocean90 likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Here's what I think: Vader's legacy seems to be integral to the story of TFA. We have our new villain who seems to be inspired by Vader to revive the Sith in someway. Now it's still quite possible that Rey and Kylo Ren are siblings and if they are it would make all the sense in the world to me that Anakin's Force ghost is guiding Rey (possibly in Luke's stead or trying to convince her to follow her destiny and go find him.) So we'd have essentially the good side of Anakin inspiring our hero to become a Jedi and help revive the Jedi Order and Anakin's dark side inspiring our villain to become a Sith and revive the Sith Order. Thus Anakin even though he's passed on is still vital to the saga.

And also, no offense to Sebastian Shaw, could you possibly find a better actor to play old Anakin than Max von Sydow?

Darth Archimage and starocean90 like this.
  25. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Whoever he plays, I just hope they don't waste an actor such as Sydow on something relatively insignificant...

dekaneas and SkywalkerOG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.