main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Yeah, Glover is still around and I would like to see him play the character if he's in the st, but maybe they thought Max could do a better job. I'm thinking MVS is Veers based on the rumors I've heard, which are probably wrong. Supposedly Finn and Rey bring MVS a lightsaber, which could have been Vader's, and he seems to know who's lightsaber it is and makes a call to the Sith artifact collector.

2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Anything is possible at this point. He may be Boba Fett, Anakin's old childhood friend, Veers, Kanan, who knows.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Gabriel Gray said this back in Aug/Sep 2014 (true or not, it's still interesting)
    Darth Vader is coming back to the forefront of the franchise. This is a key plot to the overall arc of the next trilogy.

Force ghost(s) play a significant role in moulding the antagonists of EP7 whom are NOT the 'inquisitors' by name.

4. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Might the Emperor have a force ghost that possesses Sydow?

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Nope, he'd be a perfect Anakin, after all his mum was technically a space Swede.

starocean90 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Two words: Nicolas Cage :D

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well he's the best choice for any role ever. :p

plaidphoenix likes this.
  8. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    What if he's this guy?
    [​IMG]

It could be General Rieekan

9. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
  10. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014

Why not, makes more sense than a lot of things.....

11. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Anyone ever read the annotated Star Wars screenplays? Found this interesting bit that apparently comes from story meetings for Han's backstory during ESB...

After flunking out of the Academy, Han "met some kind of Ernest Hemingway character, a very powerful trader in the galaxy who took Han under his wing until they had a falling out. Han swore he'd never talk to him again. When the story begins, the Rebel Alliance needs this man, this powerful trader, on its side; by now he controls all nonmilitary transports in the galaxy and is the head of some sort of transport guild. Leia tells Han that they've made contact with him and that he'll talk only to him. Another plot line suggests that Han is the only one who knows where this man is hiding and that the Rebellion wants Han to contact him."

With recent suggestions that MVS is some sort of mentor to Han and the filmmakers going back to unused concepts from the OT, I could totally see MVS playing this sort of character. His body language in the concept art seems to imply he's in a position of power, so I could see him as the head of a nonmilitary transport guild that operates out of Tatooine, away from the Rebels/Empire.

Django Fett and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

If he's this guy, perhaps that means he did adopt Rey (so that might be a false last name for Daisy.) Interesting. That is a great name too.

13. Dlabno83

Dlabno83 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2015
    Okay it's probably crazy but has anybody thought the mysterious character could be Kanan or Ezra?

Rumours are that Von Sydow's Character will be and old rebel veteran, also i've read that this character collects old artifacts? I'm sure Ezra collected collected old empire helmets in one of the Rebels episodes?

With Rebels being cannon they will surley need to tie some of these characters in with the new trilogy unless they all meet a grizzly end in Rebels?

Thoughts???

SWITS likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I think that's been floated around in the MVS thread. I am not a fan of the show, but I understand if this is one of the characters MVS might be. I'm thinking he's probably the Prequel character, but one never knows.

If they can make it work and the character serves the story, does not matter what I think of Rebels personally.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As Filoni has said a 1,000 times...no major Rebels character will be in the ST because we would already know the fate of key individuals. It's something he disliked about the TCW; the suspense was always removed from Anakin and Obi-wan because we already knew both were in RoTS.

16. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think the main give away is that MVS has a completely different voice. I doubt he'll change his accent/voice for the film.

17. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There is zero necessity to tie Rebels to the ST.

18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think he'll be just a blink and you've missed him character from ROTS, probably a crewman on Tantive VI when it drops Obi-Wan, Yoda and the twins off.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    DanielUK

Since I ignore Rebels, and by connection, Filoni your post about no Rebels character being in the ST is welcome news. Thanks for (re)posting

21. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    I actually was just thinking how interesting it would be if MVS indeed turned out to be Kanan.

DARTH_BELO and Dlabno83 like this.
  22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would like if he were Kanan, but I get the whole idea about not wanting Rebels characters in the ST, so their fate is a surprise.

His character and Lupita's are the two I would say I have the most NO idea whatsoever who they will be...

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  23. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Clearly this "Gabriel Gray" doesn't know his Star Wars - only four Force users have ever ghosted and one of them could only manage a voice.

It isn't a question of necessity - I'm sure that if there was a connection that they'd do it well - however, there will be no Rebels characters in TFA

Lucasfilm does not want to spoil the future of their TV by revealing who lives/dies years in advance

And Kinberg has already said very clearly that there be no "crossover" - any connection between Rebels and TFA would be, at most, in the form of easter eggs and such, and at the time he wasn't even sure if that was happening.

I surprised no one suggested this guy is connected to Rey o_O

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if the only Force Ghost we see in the ST is Luke after he eventually dies.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, I'd be very surprised if Yoda and company were still around - if Luke was still relying on them he'd come across as weak

Luke himself dying? I had an idea that Luke might survive all three films and at the end of the third he'd tell Rey and the rest that he was leaving (because they are ready to go on without him) on a kind of galactic walkabout (learn more about the Force, etc.) and that they wouldn't be seeing him again - then the Future Trilogy comes around in 2017/2018 ;) and we learn that Luke was never seen again but many legends have sprung up that he isn't dead or will return when he is needed the most like the legends of Finn McCool and King Arthur (he never returns though :))

I'd put money on Leia surviving the ST too

Django Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.