main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I clone your "no" and accelerate its growth into one big massive NO!

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Boba would not make sense on a variety of levels, namely the clone issue. He'd be this old (no disrespect to MVS) long before this era.

Here's hoping he's a disgruntled First Order / Imperial.

3. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't think he's Boba, but that isn't true - Boba is an unaltered clone, so would age normally and would be about the right age

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    boba fett isn't going to escape the sarlaac just to be an old guy who gets killed in the first five minutes of tfa.

Darth Yeezus likes this.
  5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Nor does Max's age mean he will die in 'the first 5 mins of TFA' :p

6. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    spoilers my friend.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't care about them or rumours. I won't believe it till I see it. I doubt I will. :)

Jcuk likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    ok. [face_whistling]

9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    As I said, I don't think he is Boba Fett. I was just clarifying that there is no age related reason why he couldn't be, as Boba Fett is an unaltered clone who does not age rapidly.

10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Please stop saying Max will be Boba Fett. Fett is sitting in the belly of the sarlacc right now. Probably giving the poor thing indegestion, too.

Seriously, MVS has absolutely the wrong facial structure for the Fetts.

Dra--- and thejeditraitor like this.
  11. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Well, first Boba has escaped the Sarlacc, according to GL (told it Rintzler). But MVS isn't Boba. He is a former Imperial officer. My guess would be Jerjerrod or Veers (though they could have gotten the original actors) or a son or nephew of Tarkin. Remember those Imperial wristbands that identified a Mayor Tarkin, who also appears alledgedly in the new Battlefront? Since Battlefront will be covering the Battle of Jakku, this would make sense.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I think it's an entirely new character. Boba may have escaped the Sarlacc, but he's not in TFA. As someone said, that would be bad fanservice to revive a character only to kill him off in the first five minutes. And a familiar moff could also be considered fanservice. I mean, I have nothing against a little bit fanservice if it's well done, but it should not be forced.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I doubt MVS will be Boba 100%, but I wouldn't be upset if we saw other Mandalorian bounty hunters and MVS would make a great Mando who's retired to some backwater world.

14. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    MVS - Han Solo's father ??? Maybe you think???

15. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    There is as small a chance as you can get to zero without actually being zero that Max Von Sydow will play Boba Fett. I was quite annoyed that these rumors seemed to make their way across many big websites on the Internet. There's just no way any of it lines up. Sydow is too tall and too much older for it to work.

Boba Fett will not be in TFA. I do believe the rumors of Sydow playing a disgruntled former Imperial officer have a lot of validation. It makes sense. And what makes sense usually turns out to be true.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  16. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    MVS is Tall
    MVS rumored as a former Imperial Office.

All the talk from Kasdan about Fathers and sons.

Han was an Imperial Academy drop out correct?

17. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    EDIT:
    MVS is also rumored to be watching over Rey.

If rey is Han's daughter then MVS would be her grandfather.

Seems to make sense.

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I think the rumor about MVS watching over Rey has been debunked a long time ago. It's kind of hard for him to watch over Rey from so far away. And why not have Maz watch over her if that's the case?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I think it is as simple as Max Von Sydow is the elderly leader of this village on Jakku. And Kylo Ren kills him. He's a completely new character and not related to anyone we know and not a former Imperial. That would be too much backstory for a character that probably is only in a couple of scenes early in the movie before he dies. He wasn't even at the table read.

That said, I still can't wait to see MVS in Star Wars, no matter how small the role.

20. Cellblocker1138

Cellblocker1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 26, 2015
    I suspect his character was originally a contingency "Old Jedi" character in the event Hamill did not sign on and Luke would not be in the film (per some rumors). After Hamill did, he was kept but reworked to be who he is.

21. Deus1138

Deus1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Posts from those who believe Max is playing Boba Fett remind me of the "Naboo=Dagobah" nonsense arguments we had to put up with during the prequel spoiler era.

22. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Wait. Naboo's not Dagobah?

23. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    It's one of the things I'm most excited about. Such a legendary actor.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  24. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    In the latest "CURRENT FILM RUMORS" synopsis, MVS is listed as having such a small part (the Vicar) it's comical. I simply don't believe it. MVS is a pretty big star for his era. He seems to be along the lines of Alec Guinness was in 1977. They also announced MVS along with the first round of actors. If it was going to be such a tiny, walk-on part, why would they cast MVS? They could have easily hired "anonymous older actor" just as easily. I'm not attacking the author of the synopsis. I'm sure his work is based on reliable info. I'm just doubtful that the Vicar is MVS.

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm not assuming who or what Max is. I'm simply thrilled to have another Elder in Star Wars. I hope he floors some of the naysayers that dismiss him as unimportant due to age though. :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.