main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Correct. And he would have told us if he was.

Satipo and Artoo-Dion like this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it would have been mentioned somewhere.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    In Ric Olie style: "So here we are on the landing platform. Oh, an explosion! Explosions are dangerous, everyone. Be careful!"

4. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Ric Olie makes so much sense...but only if all those years stuck on Jakku have turned him into his Waynes World 2/Withnail and I character.

[​IMG]

Sightie and Mungo Baobab like this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't see what looks like a saber in the drawing.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well we never saw who was flying the cruiser in AOTC so technically it could have been Ric Olie. But MVS playing him would be very silly.

7. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I just hope he's not Kanan from Rebels. That would be even more silly.

The sad thing is that, old photos of young MVS actually looks a lot like Kanan...

[​IMG]

8. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Why would it be silly if he was Kanan?

9. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Because 69-year-olds look youthful compared to Max Von Sydow.

I wouldn't hate it if he was Kanan, tho. I like the idea.

10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    It would make Luke's journey lesser.

Dak Oolron, Tommytom and Wildcatbarry like this.
  11. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015

Not if Kanan just simply gave up on being a Jedi following Ezra's death or switch to the dark side and the deaths of his entire group. Perhaps he just threw it all away.

12. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Why? Because it would have been impossible for any other Jedi to have survived the purge? Maybe Kanan was imprisoned somewhere. Maybe he never came out of hiding unlike Ben & Yoda.

Toonimator likes this.
  13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    No it wouldn't. Luke's journey isn't about being the last, it's about being the only one who can do the job*. His importance is as the heir of the Chosen One, not as the last of the Jedi. Kanan, Ezra, Shaak Ti, Tera Sinube, any other Jedi who might be out there still, not a single one of them could've brought out the good in Anakin and had him turn on his master, destroying the Sith, and together they would've attracted too much attention and possibly failed in combat against a Vader who wasn't holding back (as he was against Luke, both times), or Palps himself. That's where Luke's true importance lay. If he knew there were other Jedi out there that could've helped him, he'd have begged them to face Vader in his stead--just as Obi-Wan did with Yoda in ROTS.

*except maybe Leia, tho Obi-Wan wasn't so confident about that.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I just imagined MVS as Ric Olie:

Ric: "You are a X-Wing resistance pilot. Your name is Poe Dameron."
    Poe: "That's... correct".
    Ric: "This is what you are looking for. It's a lightsaber. They were the weapons of the Jedi during the Galactic Republic. I actually met once two Jedi in person. They were the defenders of peace and justice in the Republic. Before it became dark... before the Empire."
    Poe: "Yes, I know that".
    <BB-8 rolls in, beeps>
    Ric: "That is a soccer ball droid. He is nervous".
    Poe: "BB-8, what're you doing here?"
    <They go outside and watch a First Order troop transporter approaching>
    Ric: "That is a First Order troop transporter approaching. They have troopers onboard. You must hide".
    Poe: "Where?"
    Ric: "Jakku is a desert planet, Poe Dameron. Look around. We are in a desert, a real desert. You can hide behind that dune over there".
    <Poe hides and Ric turns to the village people>
    Ric: "Folks, this is our weapons chamber. Take your weapons and prepare to fight".
    <They do so and the transporter lands. Stormtroopers open the fire>
    Ric: "These are stormtroopers, guys. They carry blasters and flame throwers."
    Kylo Ren: "Where is the lightsaber? Give it to me".
    Ric: "You are a Knight of Ren. You have a crossguard-lightsaber and a mask."
    <Kylo cuts Ric in half>
    Ric: "You cut me in half".

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

15. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I should have clarified - only if Kanan was still a Jedi. I don't disagree on those points either Toon. I only said it would make one important aspect different (ergo lesser). One of the great things about Luke's journey is that he was the last of the Jedi. If he went down the whole thing went down with him. That gives extra weight to his journey.

16. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    He doesn't need the extra weight. The whole thing would go down with him if he failed, even if there were a dozen Jedi still claiming the title out in the far corners of the galaxy... they might pass on their teachings, but they wouldn't be able to stop the Sith, so they'd eventually be hunted down or die out. Without Luke, it'd all fall apart.

Even the Battle of Endor, since without Luke occupying Vader & Palpatine's attention, they'd have been more involved in the battle and probably could've turned the tide against the Alliance, or escaped.

17. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Doesn't mean it isn't there.

But we don't know that. They could have eventually rebuilt. Either way the Jedi would still exist.

I'm not talking about the Alliance.

18. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Kanan makes perfect sense actually.

It SOUNDS like the Von Sydow character is a bit mad in the head. What if in whatever battle with Vader (or whomever) Ezra is killed, it drives Kanan insane with grief..he retreats, ashamed of himself for not being able to protect those he cares for. He ends up wounded with cybernetic implants for the appendages he lost on a planet where he specializes in junk and forgets the world...until one day a young girl comes in with a Lightsaber and he tweaks awake again.

I mean it's full-on poetic really. Luke needs a bridge between the Old Order and whatever his new Order of Jedi will be...Kanan is the PERFECT person (other than possibly Ahsoka) to show/tell Luke what worked about the old Order and what didn't work...to guide the new Order into a brighter age.

I mean it pretty much writes itself.

Is the age off a bit? Yup. But I've known many people who are emotionally and physically scarred from aspects of life (especially military life) who look FAR older than their actual age. It could easily line up.

It would also be a reason why Kanan (out of all the REBELS cast) for his own comic book title?

IG-13 and Funbox like this.
  19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Honestly I'd be fine with Max being Kannan but I don't like most of the details you suggest. I think Kannan would be wise and honest enough if he spoke to Luke or Rey about such things to admit the Old Order did NOT work and urge change,

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You guys are crazy lol

21. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    What if he was third in line to Head of State after Sidious and Vader died? That would make him someone of importance. Or maybe he's an inquisitor that turned good and knows all the old Empire's little secrets.

22. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

Perhaps Luke finds Kanan after ROTJ in his search for Force sensitives and he becomes part of the Academy like Maz? After the massacre, the surviving Jedi (Luke, Maz, Kanan, possible others) scattered and hid throughout the galaxy. Between the Jakku village-burning and destroying Maz's castle, maybe the First Order is not just chasing the lightsaber, but hunting down Luke's allies in an attempt to find him.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  23. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I find that feasible enough. I particularly like the idea of Max being Kannan and an Imperial. It'd be awesome to finally show a Sensitive that is NOT a Sith tied to the Empire and it'd be an awesome potential way to make the 'sides' work together at last. :) I know unlikely but a nice idea.

24. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I like this new meme of Ric Olie constantly stating the obvious

Satipo likes this.
  25. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    He's already got 3 perfect people to show/tell Luke what worked about the old Jedi Order and what didn't... Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin.

danmcken and Django Fett like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.