main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    This needs to happen. And Plummer needs to play the Galactic Emperor. Just to make Star Crash canon.

[​IMG]

Search your feelings, you know it makes sense...:)

propeller and darthtimetraveller like this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    100% agree with this! Why cast Max Von Sydow (The legend) to play Konka Bong Wonka (or whatever his weird name is) for what we are told is just a minor part ...the guy screams Sith Lord or Imperial Commander! :cool:

I honestly don't get it...

3. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah he's one of the better actors in the movie, and he might have like a minute-long part if he's the "Vicar" or what not that Kylo Ren gets upset at and :kylosaber:

4. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    This happens a lot, I think with high profile actors and cameos. It gives weight to an otherwise lowkey scene. If kylo steps in and kills some random dude, people don't really care. But if it's someone we already know, it creates impact.

CairnsTony, Satipo and D'an like this.
  5. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Max von Sydow and Benicio del Toro.

B99 and darthtimetraveller like this.
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    we don't know that for sure, may be he has a small but impact full role?.

darthtimetraveller and B99 like this.
  7. Cellblocker1138

Cellblocker1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 26, 2015
    Vicar is a pretty specific title of a church authority (ie the Pope is referred to as the "Vicar of Christ" and it is also the title of some parish priests in Anglicanism ), I wonder if it has any significance as a production title. The word itself comes from a Latin term meaning "substitute" (also where we get vicarious) and there was a rumor that a well known actor was on standby to play an old wise Jedi mentor in the event Mark Hamill did not reprise Luke for the story. I wonder if there is any truth to this or connection at all.

8. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Could Lor San Tekka be analogous to the Owen Lars of 2nd draft of ANH? I've a theory that this particular draft has had a big influence upon TFA's plot, and from what ( we think ) we know of his role, both characters seem to play the role of the custodian of the 'McGuffin'; In TFA, the Bespin saber, in the 2nd draft, Owen is caretaker of the Kyber Crystal. If so, Lor San Tekka may have a past relationship to Luke that is similar the the relationship between the 2nd draft Owen and The Starkiller. Essentially, a trusted friend, and ally, though not actually a Jedi.

OWEN LARS a bearded, sturdy-burly man in his early fifties who has a plump-jolly wife, Beru. Owen has trained seven of The Starkiller’s sons in the disciplines of a warrior, but he is not a Jedi Bendu himself. He smokes a pipe.

Luke himself would seem to occupy the role of The Starkiller, and perhaps the 2nd draft can also give us clues to the Academy massacre. Did Luke lose his wife there, as the Starkiller had lost ( most of ) his children and wife to an attack by the Knights of Sith?

THE STARKILLER a wizened old man with long silver hair and white robes. He is over three hundred years old. An aura of power radiates from the ancient Jedi. The Starkiller is a large man, but shriveled and bent by an incalculable number of years. His face, cracked and weathered by exotic climates, is set off by a long silver beard and penetrating crystal-clear gray-blue eyes. He is an elusive person, more of a myth than a man. He is a very commanding leader. One of his possessions is a gold medallion with his crest on it, given to Deak and taken by Vader. It has great power. His plans now include teaching Luke about the Force. The Starkiller divined the Death Star’s weak point using the Force.
    WIFE OF THE STARKILLER (Not Named) Dead and buried beneath a tall smooth stone planted on a mound at the Lars homestead. Many Jedi have fallen since she died. Luke misses her very much.
    Additionally, why do the Knights of Ren need to destroy the last Jedi? Well, apart from the obvious ( he's their enemy! ), the 2nd draft may hold clues to this: That each Jedi death weakens the 'Ashla Force' ( Light Side of the Force ), and strengthens the Bogan Force ( The Dark Side ):

There seems to be a balance to the Force. When one side gets stronger, the other gets weaker. It is possible to weaken one side so much that its servants lose contact with it. (With every Jedi death, contact with the Ashla grows weaker, and the force of the Bogan grows more powerful.

LUKE
    Because a terrible thing happened.
    During one of his lessons a young
    PADAWAN-JEDI, a boy named Darklighter,
    came to know the evil half of the
    force, and fell victim to the spell
    of the dreaded Bogan. He ran away
    from his instructor and taught the
    evil ways of the Bogan Force to a
    clan of Sith pirates, who then
    spread untold misery throughout
    the systems. They became the per-
    sonal bodyguards of the Emperor.
    The Jedi were hunted down by these
    deadly Sith knights. With every
    Jedi death, contact with the Ashla
    grows weaker, and the force of the
    Bogan grows more powerful.

http://starwarz.com/starkiller/the-luke-starkiller-sourcebook/

http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/SWSECOND.TXT

Dra---, CallistaShiva, Satipo and 2 others like this.
  9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
  10. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly right. That's why they want someone like MVS - he has limited time to make an impact. MSV will ensure Lor San Tekka's scenes count.

CairnsTony and thejeditraitor like this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    but he's boba fett durr.

12. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Still amazes me that the first glimpse of the guy comes from the cover of a children's book. LOL, love it.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  13. Marsekay

Marsekay Jedi Master star 1

Oct 2, 2005
    That cover kinda confirms everything doesn't it.
    is that Ackbar is his new threads?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Sorry about the quality....looks a lot like Count Dooku
    [​IMG]

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    or max von sydow...

16. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    [face_rofl]

17. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    One young PADAWAN, a boy named SOLO, came to know the evil half of the force, and fell victim to the spell of the dreaded Dark side.

Obsessed with the legacy of his grandfather - the SITH LORD DARTH VADER - Young Solo turned away from his uncle's teachings and disappeared into the vastness of the Beyond.

Taking the mantle of KYLO REN, and driven by destiny the young warrior taught the ways of the Dark Side to a merciless clan of pirates who then spread untold misery throughout the systems.

These KNIGHTS of REN became the personal bodyguards of SUPREME LEADER SNOKE, striking like a bolt from the void and hunting down MASTER SKYWALKER's fledgling Jedi order.

With every Jedi death, contact with the light grows weaker, and the Dark Side grows more powerful.

Throw in Luke believing his wife and daughter were slain or in danger and you may well be on to something, Mungo Baobab

18. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Bloody hell, where did this come from?!

Mungo Baobab and Satipo like this.
  19. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    No, lol, that's just me inserting the TFA names of things into the second Starkiller draft blurb that Mungo Baobab posted to see how it might look/ line up.

You can see the original in Mungo's post above.

20. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Blimey you had me going there! :D

21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Potentially fits quite well though. I think Mungo could have a point.

22. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Interesting. And who would Snoke be to make him the counterpart to Palpatine? Hmmmmmm

23. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    I would certainly agree with the final sentence in your synopsis. I think the Force is very unbalanced when our story begins, perhaps directly leading to some sort of 'awakening' happening. Whilst I don't think JJ and co. want to delve too far into PT mythos, the unbalanced nature of the Force supposedly leading to the creation of Anakin may be a clue.

I don't believe for a second that Rey is immaculately conceived, but I do think everything as it were converges on her when the time is right... ;)

24. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah I agree.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  25. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014

I think that balance is still an issue, and we'll learn a bit more about this in the ST, though maybe more in 8 & 9 than in TFA. My theory is that balance was achieved, somewhat temporarily, at the end of ROTJ, but that ( external ) forces of imbalance have crept back into the galaxy since then. The 'reset' didn't work as intended.

CairnsTony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.