main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Max von Sydow in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    maybe he only has a part of the puzzle. ;)

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    The "why now?" of this story is one of the bigger remaining mysteries - but I have no doubt the urgency will be conveyed in the film.

3. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Man if Luke made it this overly convoluted to find him in case of emergency Io really hope he shows up at the end as a Force ghost.

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    :p
    [​IMG]

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Why do I get the feeling that the Lightsaber McGuffin and MVS are the last remnants of Arndt's script that have stayed through Larry Kasdan's rewrite???

6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think the saber and missing Luke are absolutely ideas that have survived all the way through (I like both so I don't care who care up with them).

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  7. CallistaShiva

CallistaShiva Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2014

Holy moly, that is a great catch!

So it begs the question, then, how much of this was used for TFA?

Dra--- likes this.
  8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    "plump-jolly" wife?

CallistaShiva likes this.
  9. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

That was before she was burned down.

bluecadet3 likes this.
  10. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    The Knights of Ren were referred to as "The Seven" in the leaked production materials.

11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    That's odd. Last time I saw Beru, she was all skin and bones.

CallistaShiva and KnightOfRen like this.
  12. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    The last time I saw her, she was just bones. I know it sounds weird... but it isn't. Not one bit. [face_whistling]

13. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    To think I was still wondering whether they were gonna use MVS as Old Ben... People would have bought it, I think! And it would have kept Obi-Wan as the only human character in every Episode of the saga.

14. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    You weren't really wondering that, were you? In any event, Max Von Sydow looks nothing like Alec Guinness...

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    If they every use Obi-Wan's Force Ghost again, I would think it will be Ewan in makeup to age him.

16. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    I still have my hopes up that MVS is an old Jedi that escaped Order 66....only to of been found very late in the game...somehow part of the "Awakening"

17. CallistaShiva

CallistaShiva Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2014

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I'm here all week, try the Bantha Loaf."

18. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

I still have my hopes that Obi-Wan and Yoda are the only two jedis or jedi trainees alive between ANH and RotJ

Canyon D and AloneinSpace like this.
  19. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014

That relies on both Kanan and Ezra being dead, not to mention Ahsoka...:eek:

20. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Exactly. [face_skull]

To be fair Ahsoka really grew on me but her being around in that time period would cause waaay too many problems. And with Vader onto her it's only a matter of time.

21. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002

This whole question has been bugging me lately. How does Lor San Tekka know Luke? This raises serious questions about his background. Also, how is he able to encrypt the location of Luke such that only the droids could solve it?

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  22. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014

I also wonder how LST knows Luke. Perhaps he knows Maz, instead? It seems that she takes the saber in the flashback.

As for the droids solving the mystery...I have a theory that this will work out something like it does in Leigh Brackett's ESB script draft. In that draft, Artoo was the one who pointed out that the crystal contained the coordinates of a planet:

36 CLOSE SHOT
    On Threepio’s hands with the light sabre. As he grips the hilt awkwardly there is a sharp click and something crystalline and shiny pops out of a hidden recess in the hilt.
    Then:

LUKE
    Yes. It belongs there. It fits. But what is it?
    Artoo, who has kept up a steady, if subdued, beeping, now gives a shriller whistling.
    THREEPIO
    I could have told him that, Artoo.
    36 (cont.)
    LUKE
    A memory cell…like from a computer?
    http://starwarz.com/starkiller/the-empire-strikes-back-first-draft-by-leigh-brackett-transcript/

Now, supposing that our major players at the start of the movie ( Leia, Kylo / Snoke, Lor San Tekka ) know that somehow the crystal will lead to Luke, but not exactly how. I have a working theory that the Force is calling out through the crystal, and this is how / why, they believe that Luke can be found by obtaining it.

So, they all want the crystal / saber, but aren't able to crack the mystery of how to use it to find Luke. They can hear the call, but this doesn't answer the mystery. Then, at the end of the movie, when our heroes are victorious, but no closer to discovering the mystery of Luke's location; the droids set in and solve it: Whilst the message is mystical in nature ( the call of the Force ), the answer is a practical one: The crystal has Luke's location encoded within it.

Barth, nightangel and Satipo like this.
  23. AloneinSpace

AloneinSpace Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 21, 2015
    I don't think he was a jedi, he would fight Kylo if he was. MVS should be someone who recognizes that it's Luke's saber when he sees it. Maybe an ex Rebel soldier or pilot. That would explain why a villager on Jakku cares about FO or resistance.

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Maybe Obi Wan had a brother... :cool:

Zikri likes this.
  25. Darth Sater

Darth Sater Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    Anyone think that LST played by MVS might be "General Maximilian Veers" who had been marooned on Jakku since the battle of Jakku? And that he's grown disillusion with the remnants of the Empire and now the FO for leaving him and the rest for dead?!?

Pretty sure he's not. But he's got to be someone like that I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.