main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX May 11 - Episode I Screening (RSVP)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthBarf, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    Hello,

Please use this thread to let me know if you will be coming out to my place on May 11 to watch Episode I. This will also be the time and place for the regular Austin FanForce meeting (the last one before AOTC)

Thanks,

Jim

2. topduarte2

topduarte2 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I am up for it. Let me know if this is for the adulats only. If not, I will probably bring my 4 year old son.

Also, what time are you planning to have it and do we need to bring any food, beverages, etc.

Manny

3. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    Kids are certainly welcome. I have 2 boys, 4 years and 1.5 years. If someone can bring an extra copy of Episode I, we can set the kids up in the playroom and they can play with my kids' SW toys and watch the movie in there. We can also put the kids in front in the theatre room on the floor or on little chairs.
    I will have popcorn for everyone, but I am asking everyone to BYOB (or soda).

4. Darth_Homer02

Darth_Homer02 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Count me in.

Enrique

5. darthsavior

darthsavior Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Thank you for putting this all together Jim. Please count me in.

Angel

6. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Hi, you can count me and my two boys in. But if you would e-mail me the directions again to bigchris@austin.rr.com, that would be cool!

Big Chris

7. darthsavior

May 2, 2002
    I'd need some directions as well, unless they are different from the ones you posted before. What kind of soda does everyone like?

8. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    EPISODE I Screening
    May 11, 1PM

Directions:

· From I35 take the Grand Avenue Parkway exit east for approximately 2 miles.
    · After a big dip in the road, the next stop sign (at the elementary school) will be Piccadilly, turn right.
    · After this road curves around to the left (approximately ¼ mile down) you will reach Tobermory, turn left
    · Take the first right at Loch Linnhe Loop
    · The very next left is Loch Linnhe Cove

1017 Loch Linnhe Cove
    Pflugerville, TX 78660
    512-252-9539

Do not hesitate to call if you get lost. I hope to see everyone there!

Also, I have little Star Wars fans, so feel free to bring yours.

Jim

9. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting the RSVP thread. I'll send an email to the list I have as well. Count me in.

-Anne

10. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I'll be there too!!!!

11. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    I'll be there.

Thanks again for having it!

DJP

12. darthsavior

May 2, 2002
    I'm looking forward to this Saturday. I have not seen Episode 1 since it's theater release. Hope to meet you guys there. BTW, what kind of soda does everyone like? I'll bring one of those 12 packs.

13. RogueMonkey

RogueMonkey Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Count me in.

14. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I should be able to make this as well.

- Brian (Kimbote)

15. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    count me in too. This will be the first meeting tht work out! I've been trying to come since January. Just to let your know who I am, I'm 18, female so hopefully you wont be surprised when I show up.

~Sara

16. DarthTodd4

DarthTodd4 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    Count me in. I will be working until about 1pm but I will head there after I am done.

Todd

17. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    OK, I just finished setting up the room for all of the people.

I got 12 bags of popcorn and 32 hot dogs. Please feel free to bring anything else if you think we need it, and please remember to bring your own beer or soda.

We've had 12 RSVP here, and a few more from the line at Gateway told me they are coming too. It's going to be a full house, so we should have a blast!

Jim

PS: Please, no camping out in front of my house tonight ;)

18. darthsavior

May 2, 2002
    Hey Jim, thanks a lot for the movie and goodies. That was awesome. It was good to meet you guys. Have fun at the movies!

19. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    Thank you to everyone who came out. That was a lot of fun and I'll plan another one sometime soon. I was thinking of planning a monthly movie night with a bunch of fellow movie fans, so let me know if you think you'd be up for it. Also, if anyone has suggestions for a movie to watch let me know. "Army of Darkness" would be a fun one to watch together. Or we could do a Lucas double feature: "THX 1138" and "Howard the Duck" (just kidding).

I brought all of the left-over food and drink out to the line at Gateway after everyone left. They really seemed to appreciate it, so stop by and show them your support if you haven't already. I will be out there full-time starting Tuesday afternoon. I'll see everyone there!

Jim

20. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Jim, Thank you for having all of us out there! That was just so awesome and I loved the way my seat vibrated each time a ship was on screen! *L* Great system!!!!

If I lived in the area, I'd love the movie night. You have a great set up, a lovely home and are wonderful hosts. *S*

I will see you all next meeting. *S*

21. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

What a fun afternoon...you must have one heck of a Superbowl party. ;-)

Movie nights would be fun, we'd have to start taking turns bringing stuff though. Your set up is more than treat enough!

DJP

22. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    Hey Jim,

Sorry I missed the movie on Saturday. I was getting a little over-stimulated and needed a quiet day of Star Wars shopping. Found some cool stuff - - Darth Vader socks! See you all soon.

-Anne

23. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    You missed a Star Wars party at my house for sweat socks??? ;)

24. stormtroopertk370

stormtroopertk370 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2001
    We (Star Garrison 501st) went down to Plano, yesterday (May 12) for the Charity Screening, it was great, some of us seen the movie while the rest guarded the ViP tent, I and four others made the news on Fox 4 in Plano, and we should be on Tv tonight on Fox 8 news. I am still draggin from Celebration 2, after working 20 hours at guard duty......check out my website. I should have the pics up from the Charity Screening by tonight, stop in and say hello. Later.

Tom Young

25. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, yes. I was just needing some quiet shopping time, ya know. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.