main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX May 11th meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by dracula766, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    It seems alot of us would like to meet on the 11th. Since a bunch of us are on the southside and we are all pretty much scattered I suggest we meet somewhere more centralized.

Anyone have any suggestions on where?

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I still recommend a library. Most have a meeting rooms that can be used for free as long as the users of the room do not charge for the event. It would give us plenty of room, and we wouldn't be interrupted by or be interrupting other folks like we would if we did it at a restraunt or a comic book store.

3. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    i think the library idea is a great one. We should most definitley consider it, and start thinking about what library we could have it at...

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hey, it's awesome that we are so excited about the new chapter!

I was thinking maybe we should hold off a week or two from the 11th for our next meeting. Check out my and Fingorfin's posts concerning this in the 4-27-02 Meeting comment thread.

Since we just started the chapter, we have a lot to discuss. I would just think that it would be better to do it right after the movie release rather than right before. That way, we would have the film to talk about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from getting together. ;) I just think that we have to consider that everyone will probably not be able to attend 3 meetings within a time period of about a month. And, surely we want to meet after the release to discuss the movie. I would think that postponing it a little would give us time to organize it better, get the word out, and generate a better response.

5. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Agreed.

6. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    but then there are quite a few people, eight at the least, who weren't able to make the last meeting. should we wait till a possible newbie rush for them to finally get to meet the rest of us?

just a question...

-goldy

7. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Why not?
    There is still the possibility of meeting for a showing of the movie, not necessarily the midnight release, as a group. But for and official meeting, a few more people would be a good thing.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I was thinking maybe we should hold off a week or two from the 11th for our next meeting.

I guess that depends on whether or not we want to discuss before-the-movie business (like a line up or something) or not. If not, then there isn't much point.

Buuuut.... Another idea, since we had so many who wanted to come on 4-27-02, but couldn't, we could have a second informal get together, like for lunch (or dinner again), for those folks. I guess that would depend on if those who missed are available on the 11th or not.

What sayith everyone?

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I agree. If people want to get together again, especially those who were unable to attend this past weekend, then a similar meeting would be fine.

I just think we should hold off on having our next big, official meeting, where we would discuss more important matters until a little later. I know I, for one, will not be able to make it before the film is released.

My thought was just that we are going to want to have a big meeting after the film release. So, we don't need to have another official one before because that is too many meetings in a short period of time to expect everyone to be able to make it to.

But, that's just my opinion. I certainly don't want to discourage people from meeting. :)

10. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I was one that could not make the meeting. If we do have one on the 11th, lets meet for lunch.

11. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    another big official one....hey doesn't matter to me if it's big, and i'm sure it doesn't really matter to those who didn't get to attend a meeting either, just as long as they get to go to a meeting. I know May 11th is open for me, I need something to do that night anyways :p , so I and Quarantine will more than likely be there even though we were at the last one.

All those in favor of the 11th meeting, and planning to attend it, where do you want to have it?

-goldy

12. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    The 11th is good for me as long as we have an early afternoon meeting. As for where, I don't really care as long as it is somewhat close because I will probably have to go to work after it.

13. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Jaina02, what part of town are you thinking? Why don't we go ahead and plan for a lunch meeting. Seems good for most people who are interested. If we get enough people, even though it's informal, we could still chalk it up to one of the three we need before we can be recgonized. Sound cool?

So I guess it is a question of what part of town and what time?

14. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Seems like an early afternoon meeting sounds the most popular.
    We need to get our GRUB on too.
    Preferably someplace inexpensive with counter service so we don't have any pesky waitstaff in the way. Souper Salad also has a pretty big dining room that could accommadate a large group and the back dining area isn't used much. Anyone have any suggestions?

-Ramiro

15. Mistress_Kun

Mistress_Kun Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Good afternoon! I have just re-joined the council and I would LOVE to be at the meeting! I was here a long time ago, and had to leave, but now I'm back!!! It's wonderful to be home! ;)

Anyway, as I was saying, I live in the houston area and really want to be at the next meeting. My last day of work for a while is this saturday so May 11 would be perfect! :)

16. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    well welcome back :)

17. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    may 11 seems like a great idea....but if Queenie Amidala wants to be the main council person...she is going to miss this meeting and that wont be good to become the council person. either way...if there is a meeting on the 11th...im there.

18. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    May 11 seems like a great idea....but if Queenie Amidala wants to be the main council person...she is going to miss this meeting and that wont be good to become the council person.

I don't see how this would be a strike against Queenie for city rep. A city rep doesn't have to have 100% perfect attendance.

19. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Hey, thanks y'all for thinking of me. I would not mind being City Rep at all, if that is what we decided, but I did not mean to imply that I wanted to do that. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. :)

And I think that it would be good if y'all met on the 11th. I just think that we will also want to have a meeting after the release of AOTC...maybe the 25, or earlier/later, as everyone wants.

20. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    we can always do both, a meeting before and after. who says we can't have alot of meetings?

21. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    You're right! We can do it however we want. :D That's the fun part.

We just have to keep in mind that once we start having more regularly scheduled meetings, everyone won't necessarily be able to attend every two weeks.

But, I don't disagree with ya! :)

22. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    Hey if we have a meeting on the 11th then those of us going to the Premier (on the 12th) can get a send off!! ;)

12 days and counting...

Putting up the pic was easy (even if I did do it twice). *angel* said she was willing to help with a web site... I have EpicWars.com and 5mb of space.... do we want to start a web site for the Houston Fan Force. With help (on the site) I don't mind putting one up and using my Domain/Space

I travel a little for work so if you send mail it may take me a day or two to respond, and Thurs I leave for Celebration II.

Steve

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I was thinking about a website, as well. That would be awesome.

But, I know nothing about it. Would that be troublesome for you, Truxtun?

24. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    having a website would be awesome :cool:

25. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    I'll Start a new thread about Website...

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.