main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX May 11th meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by dracula766, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Thanks, man...you rock. ;)

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Our official originized meeting on the 25th? That is good for me, but it is the weekend of Memorial Day, so it might be bad for some people. Oh, wait, we HAVE to meet on the 25th, that's SW's 25th b-day!! :D We need to meet, do offical business and then have a ANH viewing party. That would be beyond perfect.

3. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    I have ANH on laserdisk (standard and widescreen) and a player, I MAY (key word may) be able to get a projector. If we meet somewhere that has a big wall we could project it onto, that would rock. I would need advance notice of when, etc... or if anyone else has access to one...

Steve

4. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    That would be completely beyond cool!

We have got to figure this out.

5. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    If you guys are planning a SW viewing party, I've got all 3 of the Holy Trilogy films on laserdisc. And these are the original, unaltered, non-SE versions of the films(you know, the GOOD ones). Plus I've got a 55" rear-projection widescreen TV so those "annoying black bars" don't look so big. The only problem is that I live near Richmond and Beltway 8 and I'm not sure how centralized a location that is.

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    You would be willing to share with us?!

That's awesome.

We should work through it, but I doubt if too many people would have a problem with that.

Y'all are awesome!

7. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    That idea rocks!
    I am certainly up for a Trilogy viewing.

I might be able to make an afternoon meeting on the 11th.

8. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    *****(**@$)*&@%)@&*%_+!*+_!@

ok... :(

this will take much debating, and don't dare move the meeting for me. But SugarRay is having a concert at Astroworld the night of the 25th. I was kinda planning to go :(

*debates and ponders*

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, if we start in the afternoon, you could come by for a while, Goldy. We should probably do offical business first, and then go from there.

Here's a thought, I think it would be perfect to see ANH OE on it's b-day, and add to it by seeing a SW movie in the theater the same day. Just happens they'll be one playing. Perhaps instead of watching the entire classic trilogy, we could watch ANH, then head over to the nearest theater for another viewing of AOTC, or is everyone planning on burning out on AOTC within the first seven days of its release?

The only problem is that I live near Richmond and Beltway 8 and I'm not sure how centralized a location that is.

Well, I guess the question is do you think you can have 20-something people over to view it? I don't mind a slightly longer drive to see it if it is on a cool system.

Also, it is possible that Jedilane could get a projector. I could talk to him about it.

10. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Excellent idea! :D

I would love to watch ANH and then go see AOTC again!

Besides, I will have run out of people willing to go see it with me again, anyway. [face_plain]

11. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    Darth-Stryphe,

If some folks don't mind sitting on the floor, then 20 people shouldn't be a problem. A few months back I had about a dozen people over to watch a WWF PPV and almost all of them fit comfortably on my couch(no joke).

12. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    sounds like a nice place to have the viewing :cool: sugar ray is looking less and less enticing.

13. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Mmm...Mark McGrath...

Yes, Dough...that really does sound awesome. Thank you so much for the offer.

14. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    I have a 60", but if we project onto a wall it can be MUCH bigger and we can have someplace that could hold more than 20 or so. I may be able to get the Atascocita south pavillion, I'll check into it, the only thing is it is way up north here in the Humble area.

Steve

15. JessicaKS

JessicaKS Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Hi all,

I'm new here (well, sort of -- I visit TheForce.Net a lot, but I just discovered the Houston group). I've been a huge SW basically my whole life (which means almost 26 years<G>). I would love to meet other fans in the Houston area. Do I need to do anything special to join the group or just show up at a meeting? If ya'll meet on the 11th I can try to make it, but I'm having wisdom teeth out on the 24th so the 25th is probably out for me. I live near the medical center, so I can get to almost any part of the city pretty easily.

--Jess

16. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Welcome, Jess. Sure, we'd love to have you. All that we require is a $100 payment for pledge dues.

;) Just kidding.

Seriously, we're new enough at this too. We've only officially had one meeting. Just show up at the meetings when you can & hang out in here. There's not much more to it. Have fun! And we're glad to have ya!

:D

17. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    *seconds that*

anyways, this 11th meeting, where when what huh?

This needs to get organized soon so the RSA can be notified and the meeting posted, if we want this to count as an official one, which i don't see why it shouldn't if there are going to be enough members there anyways.

18. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, as I said before, I will, sadly, not be able to make it on the 11th.

But, for those of you who can, I agree. It will be nice to get the second meeting under our belt. Only one more after that and we're officially good to go.

:)

19. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    officially

meh, that just gives me warm tingly feelings...

20. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Oh c'mon Jess, I went on a job interview (some 7 years ago) the day after I had my wisdom teeth cut out.
    FYI, the 11th is probably a no-go for me as well.

21. Quarantine

Quarantine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Nuh uh, i'm going to that SugarRay concert. :cool: :cool: :cool:
    :cool: :cool:

22. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I should be able to go to the May 11th meeting, if it is in the afternoon. I won't be working that day becuase I have a graduation party to go to, but it is in the evening. We should go somewhere for lunch. Where does everyone live again? I live near The Woodlands, so anywhere I-45 would be good for me.

23. JessicaKS

JessicaKS Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    What, and miss the joy of Demerol? <G> Seriously, if I'm not in much pain I'll try to make it for at least part of the time on the 25th.

--JKS

>>Oh c'mon Jess, I went on a job interview (some 7 years ago) the day after I had my wisdom teeth cut out.
    FYI, the 11th is probably a no-go for me as well.<<

24. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    *and he reappears*

***I dont mean to sound like the kid from the westside, but I would love to have the 5/11 meeting somewhere in West Houston....there are a lot of places on westheimer & richmond that we could all met...I suppose more thought will be put into it***

25. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    so...ummm...yea...
    like I was saying, any suggestions on where we should meet?
    I think somewhere near downtown would be fair to everyone but i can't think of a specific place off hand.

anybody???

-Ramiro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.