main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA May 16th, where are we gonna be??

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by fx88, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    So, we really need to nail this down if we want to see it as a group of rabid jedis. Where???

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm seeing it at Mission Valley 20 at a midnight showing. I'm organizing a bunch of people I work with already, so I can't be a part of the club.
    Unless, of course you're lined up near me. :)

3. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    I will be at the MV 20 as well with a group of people at midnight. If we have enough group representation, we could almost make it a SDSWS function. If you're lining up at MV, what time are you starting?

4. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Tyria is contacting the manager at the theatre she used to work at... MV isn't too keen on going out of their way for fans, so I'd rather go to a theatre that *is* willing to do nice stuff for us.

As in, let us into the theatre early in the evening so we can 1)party! 2)stake out our seats before the crowds get let in 3) not have to stand outside in the cold damp air and 4) PARTY!!!! The theatre out at Parkway Plaza let fans in starting at like 7pm so they could just hang out all night long and party. Worked out well for the theatre since they sold a LOT of concessions. MV's AMC is not willing to do anything for us as a group... their only redeeming qualities are the digital screens and the central location (seriously good qualities granted). Other than that, they get a big thumbs down from this Jedi for their lack of willingness to do anything for SW fans.

Before we all commit to going to one particular theatre, lets see what Tyria's old place is willing to do for us. If they're willing to do half the stuff Parkway Plaza was willing to do then I'm thinking we should seriously consider that option!

5. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    "1)party!"

It's called "standing in line".

"2)stake out our seats before the crowds get let in"

Cheating. I was more than a little upset that Linda and others got to go in before me even though I had been there since 5:45pm and this other guy was there since 11:30am. Not very nice, even though it might be cool from your point of view.

"3) not have to stand outside in the cold damp air"

Wimp. :p

"and 4) PARTY!!!! "

It's called STANDING IN LINE!!!!

Amateurs. ::rolls eyes::

6. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    Just a couple of questions...

Which theatre did Tyria used to work at?

Who's going to wear their Star Wars costume to the MidNight showing?

Or are you going to wear regular clothing?

7. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    "If you're lining up at MV, what time are you starting? "

I was planning on getting there at about 11 or 12. Or at least when the box office opens.

I'm just wearing regular clothing.

8. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    My get-up won't be ready until around Comic-Con, so I'm just wearing regular clothes. I'll probably get to MV, at the earliest, by 2 or 3 since my friends will still be in school, and I will have ordered tix online anyway.

9. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    Well, we all better have tickets before we line up to get in. ;)

10. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Why AMC MV?? Ultrastar Theatres is showing it in DIGITAL as well. I hear they have radio stations that are gonna be broadcasting live from the theatres before the first showing. They are welcoming fans to line up. Which ones are you gonna go too? I'd recommend you call or e-mail them for more info.

11. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    Tradition. :)

Besides, the UltraStar near me sucks.

12. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    I don't want to drive 30 to 40 minutes home from my nearest UltraStar at 2 or 3 in the morning. That's why AMC MV. Besides, MV is the most central location for the rest of my group.

13. forcinme

forcinme Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey does anybody know when tix for the midnight showing at MV will be up for sale?

Gotta be there!

14. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Nobody knows anything yet about MV ticket sales.
    I've talked to three different people and none of them knew anything.
    If it's not in their computer, they have no idea.

15. forcinme

forcinme Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Thanks Darth Brian.

16. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    You're welcome forceinme. :)

17. Young_Kenobi

Young_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    dude! MV 20 has digital!! it has a big tent hanging over where we have to stand and its closer to everybody. I talked to the 501st and thats where we are all going to see it. so if you join us you will be surrounded by stormtropers and a few jedi. It is the best place to see it. Brian knows what he is doing bye having it there we all decided it at toys r us ( which by the way I got a job there after all that ) Oh and brian, we did get in earlier but we did make sure you got everything you needed didnt we? Just 'cause you werent in costume does not mean you were still not elite.

18. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I'll be talking to the manager at Edwards Rancho San Diego today about letting our group hang out there on the 15th. I know that's out of the way for some people, so it might not work out, but I'll let you know what the manager says tonight.

19. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    "Oh and brian, we did get in earlier but we did make sure you got everything you needed didnt we? "

Granted. But it's still not "fair". :)

20. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    According to the TOPIC: Where Do SDSWS Members Live In San Diego County?; Of which 14 members replied.

Here is the area makeup of SDSWS members;

East County - 4 ; South Bay Area - 1;
    North County - 3 ; San Carlos - 1 ;
    SDSU College Area - 1 ; Serra Mesa 1 ;
    North Park - 1 ; and Mira Mesa - 1 .

Me; I wouldn't mind going to either ParkWay Plaza or Rancho San Diego to see Episode 2.

21. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I'm probably going somewhere close. Most likely in North County. If there is a definite get-together with many of us here I may consider going elsewhere.

22. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    When people say midnight showing, does that imply the first showing of the movie? Considering how no theaters have confirmed their times yet, what if it opens at, say, 10:00 in the morning? If that is the case, then there's no way in hell I'm seeing it far away. I'm sure at one point, I'll get up to Del Mar or Poway to see it on one of UltraStar's digital screens. I just want to see the very first showing somewhere close to my house.

23. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Well, Edwards RSD is out. They don't even know if they're having a midnight showing at all, and the manager doesn't want a big party there anyway. I talked to an assistant manager and she suggested Parkway Plaza. She also said that advance tickets for Star Wars wouldn't go on sale until after Spider-Man came out, but she didn't know the exact date. So, scratch Edwards.

24. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Scratch Edward's what? ?[face_plain]

hahahahaaha I crack myself up. :)

25. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    hey guys ..how the last meeting go? i hope it was a success. well i have been very busy studying math . damn i hate that stuff. but im also working on the video. it will be good. i dont know if i meet everyone at the toys r us. i was with two friends who never used a camera and a microphone before. to tell you the truth they werent too helpful. and i think they were drunk that night.
    anways. im going to be at the ultrastar in chula vista. thx sound certified. sorry to say but amc is so overrated. the sound is absolutely awful. i prefer the thx sound over anything else. and i believe it will also be digital. if anyone is going there let me know when your going to line up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.