main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA May 16th, where are we gonna be??

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by fx88, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Parkway Plaza absolutely ROCKED for the last premiere, so I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'd be willing to do anything for us (as an official Star Wars fanforce chapter!!!)

For those who left the meeting early and missed the discussion, or who didn't get to show up at all, here's the deal: Parkway Plaza went *way* out of their way for the fans last time around. They sold tickets in advance and began letting ticketholders into the theatres starting around 9pm or 10pm for a MASSIVE PARTY!!! All the theatres were showing EP1, and they were all packed with fans. It was huge.

Waiting in line is cool, (no offense Brian) but having your seat already picked out and being able to wander from theatre to theatre and hang out with SW fans for a few hours and have lightsaber duels and food and PARTYING before the premiere sounds like a lot more fun. I'm all for that.

So anyways, I'll ring up PWP tomorrow and find out the deal. If they're not onboard with a repeat of last time, then I guess MV makes sense as the most central location for us to all meet together to see the movie! And who knows, if we bug them enough maybe we can finagle some favors from them.

2. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    ^that sounds cool... id dig that... but i really want to see it digital too... i think ill hit both theaters for this one.....

3. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    "Waiting in line is cool, (no offense Brian)"

None taken.

"but having your seat already picked out and being able to wander from theatre to theatre and hang out with SW fans for a few hours and have lightsaber duels and food and PARTYING before the premiere sounds like a lot more fun. I'm all for that. "

You can do all of that while you're waiting in line (except for the seats and theater hopping. They really let you theater hop? ?[face_plain]) and in my opinion is a lot of fun.

4. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    I agree with Darth Brian's take on waiting in line. AMC is just easiest for everyone I'm going with. Besides, the people I'm going with are all at school as well, so I figured ordering online with AMC was the easiest way to go. Now if JediG60Racer can work something out at Parkway, I would be willing to do that, since I know Regal Cinemas does have a by-phone ticket service. But with AMC, we have the chance of seeing it in digital. At this point, though, all I want to do is see the movie.

5. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I just called the AMC Mission Valley 20 and they confirmed that they are going to start selling tickets on Friday, May 3rd. :mad:
    Luckily I have a friend who's going to buy me and my group o' friends tickets for opening day. But this still pisses me off to no end. How stupid can they be? Over 20,000 die-hard Star Wars fans in Indianapolis who can't line up for tickets. Not to mention the huge lines they're already going to have for people waiting to see Spider-Man! Those stupid, stupid people. :mad:

I hate being deprived of waiting in line! :mad:

6. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Homeless_Jedi, i too will be at Chula. Their room # 3 & 9, 9 being the biggest with about 380 seats. Projectors are being installed right now.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    so here's the latest on james' episode II bash:

after reviewing the responses from the survey i sent out a while ago to my friends, and being really busy with work and with moving, here is the game plan:

place: Mission Valley AMC 20 - (Mission Valley Center)
    date: Thursday, May 16 opening day (evening show)

I need help with people to get tickets..
    one person maybe to contact the theater and find out when they will be on sale, and the best way to get tickets for a group.

all people need to let me know how many tickets they need for themselves, and their friends/family.

i also need someone who is really motivated can help get a shirt design made and off to print - rather than including it with the price of the ticket, i will make t-shirts for purchase separately - at cost for people
    who sign up in advance, and with a profit margin for purchase at the opening day festivities.

about twice as many people wanted to see people in costume than actually show up in costume... tsk tsk...

off to the Star Wars
    Celebration in Indianapolis,

now i see someone posted about may 3rd being the sell date for star wars tickets at amc mission valley -- grr.. i am out of town

james

8. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    By "evening show" do you mean the midnight screening? Or an evening show on opening day?
    Cuz when I called MV20 they could neither confirm nor deny having a midnight showing.
    I have to call them back tomorrow morning at 10AM to find out.
    I will be out of town. :mad:

9. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    PWP as of today did not know when they would start selling tix, so I guess AMC MV is where we're going. For everyone who's at INDY, can't you just go to moviewatcher.com and buy the tix there? Just a thought. Anyways, I suppose as a game plan I'll approach the MV management representing the group in lieu of MJF since she's at INDY (but I'm not jealous) and I'll see what happens. I don't know that anyone from our groups has approached them with info that we're the offical Star Wars fan club in San Diego and that we'd like to work with them to make it a really cool event... let's see what happens.

10. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    I have my roommate buying me and a bunch of other people tickets for the midnight showing.

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Being that I am in Indianapolis right now, I am NOT at all happy that tickets are going on sale tomorrow. :(

As for which theatre the San Diego Star Wars Society should attend as a group. I say we should attend ALL those theatres as a group. Thats right, Mission Valley, Rancho San Diego, Ultrastar etc. What better way to get the word out that we exist? If there are at least 3 or more of you who want to go to a particular theatre, why not go together? Maybe we can get the t-shirts and extra banners (even if we have to paint them or print them out on our own computers) made as well.

I also want to thank Jawa James and the rest of you who have been actively coordinating a line even at your respective theatres.

I would be interested in seeing AOTC at every theatre in San Diego myself. That would be kinda cool I think, see it once a day till I've seen it in every theatre it is playing in. ;)

12. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    Never fear, Celebration attendees...

I called the customer support number for movietickets.com, and the woman I spoke to said that they will most likely begin selling tickets on their website tomorrow. So if you want to pay a little extra, you can be sure that you will have tickets for the midnite show.

13. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Official word from the Senior Operations Manager at AMC MV: Tickets will go on sale for the 12:10am showing (5-16-02) tomorrow starting at 11am. Tickets *will* be programmed into movietickets.com so you will be able to buy them on the internet (all you at INDY can breathe a sigh of relief). It's possible the online tickets will be available before 11am PDT... he said to start checking at around 9am.

Right now there are only 2 screens scheduled to show at 12:01am, but depending on ticket sales they can open it up to as many as 4 screens (they are confirmed with 4 prints of the movie).

As far as lining up on the 15th, AMC MV will be setting up the line for ticketholders in their courtyard early in the morning. We can be there all day long of course.

Good news gets better: after clarifying on the phone today that we are an organized fan group, AMC MV has decided to keep us in the loop as far as all the info they get on the release! They remembered the guys from the 501st being out there last time and would like to work with us to make this a very special night! The Sr. Ops. Mgr. will be in touch with me and MJF (when she gets back)and I have his number now too so we can get ahold of him with any questions or concerns. At the minimum, he's going to let us in early to snag seats and he's considering making special ID passes for us that night so we can get in and out of the theatres without hassle. We should also be able to set up a table to sign up people interested in the group.

For the general public, he's still going to try to let them into the theatres as early as 10:30pm that night so the party can start!! So... AMC MV has officially just redeemed themselves in my sight. :) thumbs up.

On another note, I totally agree with MJF about representing SDSWS at various theatres in SD! We don't *all* have to see it at the same place, having members at different theatres will be great as far as getting the word out about us. SO don't feel like you have to drive some obscene distance in the middle of the night just to see it with the group, we can organize smaller groups to meet at more theatres and have just as much fun! I do plan on seeing it at MV now though... kinda committed since I initiated contact with their management, and besides it's 5 minutes from my house.

14. forcinme

forcinme Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    ROCK & ROLL! I am SO there! Great work JediG60racer. You just made my day! I've been trying to find out what's up at MV from work all day and couldn't get thru. Sounds like they're being really accomodating to the fans too. Hope to be in the throes with everyone come midnight! Thanks again!

15. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    WOO HOO!!! Anyone know if those 2 prints are digital?

16. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    hey guys i just called ultrastar tickets go on sale tomorrow. i will definitely be there. iam not sure if they have midnight showings. but lets do hope. i guess i can represent the chula vista area.

17. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Yay! Great job JediG60racer. Already planning on going to AMC, but this makes it all the better. Now I just have to get my grubby little paws on those tickets tommorrow morning.

18. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, the prints are digital. ;) See ya in line tomorrow!

19. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    ill be there too... this rocks! see you guys at 11am....

20. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Well, I'm NOT going to be at AMC 20. I was counting on my parents, they were going to order my tickets while I was at school. I watched online at a library computer(as I had nothing to do all day in school) as the tickets went on sale. Then, I get home for lunch, and my parents hadn't gotten any. I am buying some at Palm Promenade. Still get to see it, but not with all of you. :_( :_( :_( :_(

21. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    There is still hope, young jedi. AMC's operations manager said if they sold out the 2 screenings quickly, he'd open it up to 4 screenings at 12:01am. Check back on movietickets.com and see if there are more available now!

22. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    I got tix for 8 of us (yes, they are spoken for) for AMC MV at 12:01am.

I will post this info in other threads as well, but here's official word from the AMC Sr. Ops. Mgr as of 5pm today (5-3-02):

AMC MV has sold tix so far for ONLY ONE screen... they *will* be adding screens to the website at movietickets.com one at a time starting tonite and going through next week, until a total of 4 screens showing SW are sold out. So if you didn't get tix today, try again tonite after 6pm and keep checking the website! More tix *will* be available!!!

23. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    This may be more help: it's the direct line to a human answering the phone at MV: 619-296-2737 (customer service). Ask to speak to a manager and they can probably hook you up with tickets over the phone.

24. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    EDWARDS San Marcos is selling tickets for the 12:00 am showings!!! I checked with them Thurs and Fri and they said that they'd probably sell them sometime next week. So I decided to give them a quick call this evening and on the recorded message the guy said that they were on sale. So I raced down there and picked up a couple!!! Now I just gotta take a deep breath and relax, everything is gonna be alright!!!!

25. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I'll be in line with FX88 at Edwards San Marcos. He picked up tix for me the other day. Thank you man!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.