main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary May 18th CCFF AOTC Movie Outting...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    This maybe a little early, maybe not.

Thought I would start a thread for the May 18th outting. Looks like Hoyts West Nursery will be the position of invasion. If anyone would like an alternative location, speak up. Sounds like most people are going to Annapolis Crown Theatre for the opening night. When a more detailed list of showtimes is posted I will list here so we can decide on showtimes.

I am definitely going! I'm not going to bring the Wookie this time for obvious reasons. "You're Wookie, he'll have to leave we don't want their kind here." Start posting your RSVP's now so I know I'm not the only person here.

I will re-post the directions a little later, but they are the same as the Fifth meeting. If you need help with directions PM me or Mogook. Plan your timing accordingly, I can't tell the projectionist to hold up for stragglers!

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I called Hoyts today and the manager said he won't know about tickets or showtimes until Thursday.

I should be able to make the May 18th screening.

3. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, when Hoyts posts their schedule I'll list it here.

I was thinking that a 1pm meeting time would be good for a tentative meeting time. Then we can meet and probably go to a 1:30 or so showtime. But for now, plan on meeting at 1pm at Wendy's.

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001

Ok, count me in, but I want someone cute to snuggle with if it gets too scarey.

5. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'll be there too. Isbeth, I can bring my son for you to snuggle on, but he really doesn't like to snuggle. [face_laugh]

6. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Okay, MuttandSolo, what's the "Wookie"?

I really don't have enough work to do today..... don't tell my boss!

kasjedi

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well since the answer is buried in old threads, well it is in the "Get to Know One Another" thread, I'll tell you, but you should still read that thread I'm the third or fourth response from the top.

The "Wookie" as I call him, is my 6-year-old St. Bernard. Hence the name, MuttandSolo, or Han and Chewy! I should start that as a sock of myself

8. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    I'll be there...just to see it on film once. :)

9. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001

DRK_HMLT, LOL, what are you raising there, a young Bobba Fett???

Mutt, too, bad, you can't bring mutt with you, I dare say, he is the cutest member of CCFF and I could have someone to snuggle with.

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah Boba, I wanna see the digital/film comparison too.

11. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    Mogook: Prepare for disappointment. :-D

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] It's gonna be interesting to see the difference.

13. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    I was reading something today that the Geonosians have drool or sweat on their lips, and that you can only see it with digital. Film takes the quality down too low.

Now, I'm no slobber enthusiast, but that just sells it that much better. I'm still wondering what the "additional scene" is.

14. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001

Hey, that is why I wanna go with you guys, to hear your rap. Mutt and I are doing it the right way. Seeing it on film first. At least I think that is what Mutt is doing. :confused:

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Wow, I didn't hear that. That's awesome!

Yeah, I'm gonna have look out for the missing scene(s) on film.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Actually, in screen testing it has been proven to be an indistinguishable comparison between digital and first-run film. Actually the test audience was fooled because the digital projector starts up different and kind of flickers. So when the audience was made to vote which one was film, they picked the digital projection because of this. This screening occured around TPM time when they were doing proof of concept testing.

Theoretically, the only difference is that over time the film will develop sratches and minor heat-related warps. So you won't be able to tell the difference for about a month (maybe more like 2 weeks, depends on how many times the film is cycled through)when the cello begins to wear.

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    When I saw Spiderman opening night, there were already blips showing up.

The digital should have better quality and resolution. Plus there shouldn't be any sound-sync issues.

18. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001

Ya learn so much from these informative threads! Mutt, you should really get special permission for the wookie to come, it looks like he can appreciate good slobber.

19. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well Isbeth, at the next meeting in June, I'll make sure to arrange for you to get a good "kiss"! :D

20. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    The one thing I'm looking forward to is NO SPLICES! I can't stand when projectionists do a terrible job splicing reels together, or worse, take out their own "souvenir" cells right in the middle of something good. Yeah, we'd all do it if we could, but I for one am glad that there will finally be some consistency to the showings.

21. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Okay, so now I know Wookie is a St. Bernard. Is that his name? I guess, comparatively, I own an Ewok (he actually kinda looks like one) named Petey. Nicely off topic from the thread title, huh?

And CCFF? Charm City FanForce??? But ultimately CCFF became Maryland FanForce? And hence the desire to make the fan club covering the whole state... which probably makes sense.... little clubs die, bigger ones tend to stay around longer because there are more people to draw upon. And the reason for the whole thread about the meeting location. Got it.....

kasjedi

22. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Mutt, I have a line for you but I dare not use it as I know how good you are with a blaster. [face_laugh] (But I bet you can guess what it is....)

23. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Who's scruffy looking?

Kasjedi, the Wookie's name is actually Romeo.

And one more thing, Isbeth, I won't be able to see AOTC at 1201 on the 16th, but I'll probably go to Annapolis the next night after work (Friday the 17th). I just hope that they specify on the showtime board which theater is digital projection. From the other thread though it looks as though it will be on screen #11. Crown doesn't list the theatre numbers on their showtime board.

24. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    Update on Crown: they have only one theater showing Attack. The showtimes from my poor memory are 1:00, 4:00, 7:00, and 10:00 every day. Since they're only getting a digital print, they don't have another theater to show it in. Not that you'd want to see it that way anyhow.

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Called Hoyts this morning, the guy said they weren't selling tickets today. I asked when they were, he said they'll know something in the afternoon and to call back. So I'm gonna give them another call in a couple of hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.