main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary May 18th CCFF AOTC Movie Outting...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Okay,

Let me see if I have this right:

For those going to the May 18th AOTC Movie Outing at the Hoyts West Nursery 14 - we are meeting at Wendy's at ?????? (before or after the movie?) and going to the 3:10 showing?

I want to buy my ticket online today.

kasjedi

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    We're meeting at the theatre at 1pm to get in line for tickets (for those who don't buy online), then we are going to Wendys to meet and do whatever before the movie at 3:10pm.

After the movie, Bria_Tharen has asked for those legal-aged folks to head to the nearest cantina for drinks and reflect on a galaxy far, far away, or just get tanked in complete Star Wars bliss. Whichever suits your fancy.

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Great plan, count me in, and no spoiling me, this'll be my first chance to see it, because of work.

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Aww Isbeth, I was gonna tell you all about it while standing in line!

Like "Just wait till you see the part where..."

And "You will really love it when......"

And "And at the end the whole thing is......"

:D :eek: :_|

:::Runs away as Isbeth is taking her EU book out and hitting me upside the head:::

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Sorry I wont be able to make it...

6. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Agh,must it only be Thursday!? I'm ready to see it again NOW! Grrrr...Anyway, I'm there, hopefully...Gonna try to get my tix online today. Hey Solo, think you can get me some pristine directions?? I'd be ever so greatful :)

...& Pleeeeease! Someone come in costume!! Hell, I'll even help do make-up if anyone needs it!

7. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey, I wanted to give everyone an update about Hoyts. They've gotten more showtimes. They now have a 1:10 and 1:40 showtime. This probably better than the 3:10 showing. We could go to the 1:40 showing so we still have some time to meet at 1. Whoever bought tickets already should be able to exchange them for the earlier showing.

What does everyone else think?

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, let me pose this question: Would an earlier showtime inspire more folks to show up? Is everyone okay with the 3:10 showtime or do we want an earlier showtime?

I would think that at least Isbeth would prefer to keep the schedule we have, since she has the farthest to drive.

Also I would think it would be easier to get in line for tickets to the 3:10 show at 1pm as originally planned (for those not buying online or other advance purchasers). I for one had planned on buying my ticket at the counter.

What does everyone else think about this?

9. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I already have purchased my tickets to the 3:10 show but if you're sure I can just exchange them for an earlier viewing that's OK with me. Do you know if I can exchange them if they're from Moviefone?

I guess what I'm saying is that my schedule would permit attending an earlier show but not at the expense of having to sacrifice the cost of the tickets I've already purchased. I figured that since we've been set on this time for several days now by this late in the week it would be safe to go ahead and make my purchase. So that's what I did. Please advise.

10. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Mon-Mothma, it is kind of a late request. I'm going to make the command decision that we keep to the schedule that has already been developed, unless I receive staggering responses to the contrary.

11. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I say the 3:10 is just fine. Plus I already have my tickets to the 3:10 as well.

12. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Mutt's being very considerate. Thanks, I would rather the 3:10 show as I would like to sleep in some on my day off, thank you and remember, this is my first time seeing it with you guys. I could have just stayed home and seen it in Martinsburg for $5.00 and no gas, but I would miss sitting next to Mutt and watching him make out with Bria and get jealous because I have no one to cuddle with. :_|

13. Bria-Tharen

May 12, 2002
    Isbeth! behave! *shakes a finger* I'll be there with family & stuff so be good :p Yeah, so I've secured tix & will be there, providing I don't get grossly lost & miss the line & end up sitting on the floor at the back of the theater, like I did for TPM.

14. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Argh - I had hoped to make it to the show but my car decided that it didn't want to play anymore so it gave up on me today. Battery won't hold a charge. So tomorrow will be "hand me the hydro-spanners" day here, me playing the part of Chewbacca and just growling most of the time.

Right, so ya'll have fun. I'm gonna go beat up the guys at Academy Ford then easy my pain with a 7-pack Collector's tin of AOTC trading cards. :)

Until next time.

Toodle pip
    Sam

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't know if I'll be able to make it tomorrow. There's a chance I will, then a good one I won't.

16. Bria-Tharen

May 12, 2002
    Hmmm...this may work, it may not, just an idea I'm tossing out...Why not carpool? That way, Orange & any others that would otherwise be unable to go, can still make it to the ball w/out worrying that their ride will turn into a pumpkin before they get there.

Be a fairy-godparent & offer a ride to those in need! :) (Humor me, it's 6:30 am & I still haven't slept yet...So If I'm wierd-er than usual today, there's the reason)

Agh, I wish someone else would get decked out for this! What fun is a "cantina" w/out other SW characters there to converse with?! We're supposed to be taking over places!!!

P.S. I'll be the tentacle monster,lol

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It looks like I'll be able to make the movie. I won't be able to get there until near the showtime because I have errands I have to take care of.

18. Bria-Tharen

May 12, 2002
    Just wanted to say sorry that I missed you guys :( We had some interesting delays & got there when the movie had just started, so I ended up in the dreaded front row...Drew & Matt did happen to spot us & hung w/us for a bit afterwards, & it was very cool to meet them...I look forward to seeing the rest of you soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.