main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG May 18th Star Wars Dress-up Party

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Ok, ok, here are the details:

4:30pm onwards at GWC McDonalds

If you don't see us at Mac, then we'd probably be at KFC, which is just next door. For those who haven't met us before and is afraid that you will get lost, call me at 97683816. I hope no one calls too late as I'll be getting into costume too. :)

As for tix, all 16 are taken. Those who haven't paid me, look for me too and I'll give you your ticket.

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh, try to just SMS me instead of calling. ;) Am into my 2nd $25 card this month alone and I hope I only need to get another $15 one for my trip to KL this Mon to watch ROTS with some Lotrien friends there at the CinemaOnline Fans Screening. :_|

Hai...to rush down to Kallang to get those White PCK boots or not since I'm still at home rite now tho' my costume is almost ready (only need to attach the Pong-Pong to the Cape but need to get those Kniting Yarn as its string first from AMK Central). And I still got a spare Ankle High Boots tho' haven't break it yet.

Remember to bring all your spares SW Postcards. :D I'm bring mine and I still in need of Yoda and #7 since both the Library & Cinema here are botak now. :(

3. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Speaking of which, DE, have you been able to access the LOTRien forum lately? I haven't been able to log on for a few months now.

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I only went there on an average of once fornightly or less since it's practically dead. :( Some times, I have to refresh the page several times as it don't get upload properly.

The last post was from you dated April 13th. :eek:

5. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    That recent? Really? I don't remember logging on for a long while, though I did drop by once in a while... then one day I found that I couldn't log in at all, the server kept giving me an error after I entered my username and password... and I haven't been able to access it since! Can't remember exactly when that was.

6. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Ok who was supposed to have the pictures for tonight?
    I want them, all of them =p!! Brought my cam but didn't take a single shot, pass to me please.....pretty pretty please........

*trys Jedi Mind Trick

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    A selection can be seen here:

ROTS May 18th Sneak Preview

Blurred, BTS and Restricted-18 photos hasn't been posted so watch out for the full set this Sat I hope?

If want the actual size photo, either wait till I repost a "reduced" version of the photos or burn a CD. ;)

8. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Only one picture of me? =( Okay, must take more on Saturday. =D

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    There are a few actually. ;) I only finish uploading the selected ones just now.

Ps: DO NOT Remote Linkage the photos from my album to anywhere yet. When I got the time, gonna "reduce" it using Paint so I can get a bigger picture at Photobucket. ;)

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    There is a group photo of us (and my Blaster :eek: ) plus the others in costumes yesterday in today's TNP, page 29.

And does anyone have any idea HOW to see more photos they took? Cause near the picture stated "More pictures in THE ELECTIC NEW PAPER tnp.sg"

http://www.tnp.sg/

11. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm I couldn't find the pictures on the site too..

But I gotta remember to get the New Paper later!

:)

12. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I haven't seen TNP but on their website, under "Happenings", there's a link to an article about fans dressing up for the sneak preview at GV Grand, but the link seems to be dead.

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ooo! They just added that in but ya, the link is dead. :( But still no sight of the one from the Charity Premiere last Mon as more photos from that event is suppose to be online too. :(

14. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Argh...couldn't get a copy of TNP, a little too late.. Anyway, thanks Darth_Eagle for the piccys! Not bad indeed... ;) I tried the electric new paper thing but it didn't work...guess the link's still dead.. *grin*

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I'll scan TNP one once I got the time and the other PC's Screen with the Adobe Programs behave itself. ;)

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hey! Has we all forgetten to Congratulate Wmgan for his win with his Home-Made Vader Suit? =D=

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/sgstarwars/ROTS_Sneak/DSCN1241.jpg]

Haahaa....seems like Home-Made costumes are the winner in the eyes of the public. [face_dancing] They appreciated the efforts and sportingness [face_idea] rather than accuracy. Remember Hassan and his Sauron and then me 6 years ago with my Ghetto "one moment helpless Leia, the next ready to chop Vader's Head"? :p

17. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Congratulations, wmgan!

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh! The other winners of the Hamper are the Mini AT-ST with Chewie coming out of the hatch, Tall R2-D2 and I think also "Force Lighting" Bathrobe Palpatine.

Yes, Hassan, I still think your Force-In-A-Can is better :p tho' need a broom after that! ;) Pity you lost back then to Kenneth (Boba Fett), Yazid (Very Emotion Anakin)& Derrick (Cool Travelling Anakin, Suitcase included!). :p

Don't worry, will try to push for the SW Exhibition to have at least 1 side event of Costumes & Armors Contest :D(IMHO, we should split the 2 as both are pretty different, or even better, have several categories like Best Armor, Best Costumes, Most Creative, Best Presentation, Best Recycler etc etc). It's planned through the "success" of the Planet Games one but since it'll be specialized to SW only and the entrance fees surely like the LOTR Exhibition, not sure of the public response. Not that much fun only competing again each other rite? Wait....with the exception of 1 contestants, we DID compete against each other 3 years ago. :p

19. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    Thanks! I didn't expect to win - and honestly, I didn't even AIM to win. So it was really a pleasant surprise. =D

20. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey what's in the hamper? Share with us leh! =p!!

21. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    The coolest is definitely Obi-Wan's Jedi fighter (I love it because it has a resemblance to the TIE fighter, and yet belongs to the good guys!). There were also figurines of Grevious, Artoo and Luke. I actually haven't had time to take them out of their boxes... been busy leh (when I went home on Wednesday night I had to do some minor repairs to my costume, which I then wore to Cathay last night to give my friends a surprise, hehe).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.