main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN May 2002 Convention in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Mar 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    From the TFN main page:

Episode II: The Indianapolis Celebration
    Fri, Mar 23, 01 02:17:16 PM EST

TFN has received two reports confirming the location of the sequel official fan convention to be held in May of 2002, celebrating the release of the second installment of Star Wars.
    Hecter was at the the Toy Show in Las Vegas where it was announced that May 2-4, 2002 were the dates the dates of the Star Wars Celebration II. And the location? Indianapolis, Indiana. An R2 unit also chimed in with the same location confirmation about 10 days ago here to TFN, so it looks to be set.

More details as they surface, but expect a huge list of cast members attending, exclusive items and much more from the event of epic proportions. And of course, TFN will be there in full, er, FORCE. :)

UPDATE
    Sebulba-X says that the folks in Indiana are really quick. You can see the Indianapolis Convention Center and RCA Dome?s official website already has the listing on the event calendar: Wed May 1 - May 6 2002 Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Cele. 2000 Hall B.

2. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I think some of us Nashvillians need to make a trip north. It's only about a 4 1/2 hour drive to Indy from here. Perhaps we can make a joint FanForce get-together with Indy's chapter. Chicago may want to get in on the action, too.

3. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Sounds good to me. I will pass word on to Penzar and see if I can get him to go. I don't think it will be difficult.

4. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Cool. I bet we can get quite a few other cities interested as well.

5. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I will throw a few posts into the Arkansas Region and see if I can muster up some interest.

6. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
  7. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I am stoked that it is in Indy next time. I am originally from Indiana myself and will definitely be making the trip (by car). May I recommend to you all that you make your reservations as soon as it is "OFFICIALLY RELEASED" The Indy 500 trials are the very next week and hotels will be booking up fast. The first few days shouldn't be a problem, but the end of the week will have some over lap of racing fans coming into town.

The convention would also be a good time to iron down a theater. Last time, it was at Hollywood 27, because at that time it was arguably the best all around theater in the Nashville area, as well as being more centrally located. It was a blast to say the least. All the major networks from Nashville were there. The River, the Buzz and a few other radio stations. They even brought us free Pizza, component couches, a TV, a VCR, prizes, shirts... It was a huge media event. However, this time we have a new theater in town, the Thoroughbred 20 off of Mallory lane in Cool Springs and right across the street from my Apartment complex. :D He He He. It has everything H27 had and more. The big theaters seat 450 people and they have 8 (yes 8) THX certified theaters. All are stadium seating also. Definitely the best in the entire area, but I'm probably getting ahead of myself this far in advance. We'll see I guess. Man! Its hard to believe that its been two years already and we still have a year + to go. Sigh :(

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Either of those two theaters would be great, as well as the 20-screen theater in Opry Mills.

9. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I'm definitely looking forward to running into you guys in Indianapolis. I'll be there with the Dallas/Fort Worth FanForce contingent from the Lone Death Star State and a group from the Official Mann's Chinese Episode II Line. Without having to worry about the weather (now all they need to do is find a way to either limit the crowds or at least manage them better), this next Celebration could be so great.

Ugh, I wish I was going to be there with you guys for the EP2 premiere. Kanos, I never got to see that theater near you. I've been to Opry Mills, but not the theater itself. Are they THX with stadium seating? I doubt they'd let people line up (especially overnight) inside the mall, and I'm not sure how things would work outside there.

Basically, I'd suggest that you guys contact various theater managers (yeah, maybe even this far out), tell them who you're with, and ask what can be done to make their theater the *OFFICIAL* theater for the EP2 Line in Nashville. Some may not want the fans camping out, some may really enjoy the publicity and such. And some might even offer perks and help in organizing the effort. Just over thirteen months and counting! LOL

10. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I will get with Hama on this and see if we can organize something in the near future. This is getting to sound more exciting every day!! :D

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yes, the theaters are THX with stadium seating (although I haven't been in the Opry Mills theaters yet). No, I doubt we could camp out in the mall -- Jillians (next door) would no doubt have a problem with that, if not the theater or mall management. The only theater for a campout would probably be the Hollywood 27.

elanrai, I was just checking the sports section of the Tennessean the other day... Nashville Sounds tickets look pretty reasonable. Maybe we can try to get something organized for a day at the ballpark.

12. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Well, baseball has always been my favorite sport to play, so that sounds like a better place than any to organize it. I will get with you on this.

13. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi everyone! This is Shara from the Indianapolis Fan Force. I'm making a post out to all the forums, that we know of so far, who have been talking about the Celebration in Indianapolis next year. We're trying to plan a get together for FanForce members who have made the journey. So I'm asking if someone from each of these forums will keep track of who is coming out here and PM me. Then I will contact this person probably after the summer and start making plans. Thanks a lot!

If you have any questions, feel free to post in the forum or PM myself. Also, be sure to check www.geocities.com/sica_wiev for Indy info. In the next few weeks, though, it will move to www.indyknights.com

Thanks for your time!

(If you ask me, I'd volunteer Hamu ;p Love ya Dylan! And I miss you too!)

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    "Hamu"? :D

Right now, it's me, k kanos and elanrai, and possibly penzar. I think I might delegate the responsibility, though. elanrai has been pretty active in the Nashville forum -- I'll let him keep you posted. I'll keep an eye on the rest of the South Region.

15. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Hama, I need a ride, please. :D

16. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll stop by Hawaii and pick you up. Bring some gas money. Anyone else?

17. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Its a little early to contact the theater management. However, when it starts getting close, I will talk with the management of the Throughbred to see if they will allow us to campout overnight. They have covered walkways on both sides of the theater that could hold at least 50 people each. That's 100 people covered in case of inclement weather (more than H27 wich covered only about 60 if in a semi-formal line.

Everyone was really cool and good at the Hollywood 27 last time so I doubt they would have a problem with us lining up again. Either way someone should be in charge of checking that one out as well.

Which ever theater we choose will get:

A) A lot of publicity
    The major Nashville networks were all at the H27. The big radio stations. The Tennessean etc...

B) Garanteed Sold out shows for at least the first couple of days

C) A cooperative crowd of SW fans who just want to have fun and experience the movie. There was no trouble last time and I only knwo of a couple people who got kicked out for trying to cut in line during the middle of the night while everyone was sleeping. However, security was there all night, so that is one element that the theater will be obligated to contribute.

We can solidify everything in Indy, May, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.