main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May 2003 meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    so we're meeting outside the theater?

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I think we're just meeting in the lobby.

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The lobby is where we are planning on meeting.

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    That was a fun meet. I thought Matrix Reloaded was really good, and the trailer for the next one looks great! I'm gonna see if I can drag either my brother or my dad to the theater so I can see it again, or I might just drag a friend.

5. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I thought reloaded was very disapointing. It wasn't nearly as good as the origonal and almost the entire first part of the movie was...well not even worth having in there. This reminds me of the prequals for SW-they shouldn't have been made but people watch them cause they can't get enough.

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I wasn't expecting such extreme reactions on both sides to this movie, but I guess it's not that surprising. There was a lot of hype about this movie, and some people set unreasonably high standards as a result (that comment isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general statement :)). On the other hand, I knew there would be people who loved the movie no matter what it turned out to be just because The Matrix was such a great movie, in the same way that many loved the Star Wars prequels despite critical and popular opinions.

Personally, I found the plot to be much more mysterious and intricate in this movie. Not all of it was completely clear to me (being tired didn't help that), so I'll be seeing it again. They had a lot to accomplish in the movie, and I wasn't expecting it to come off perfectly. It certainly didn't; much like the Star Wars prequels, the movie was very weak in dialogue at points. But conceptually, visually...wow. I definitely enjoyed it.

EDIT: And as for how I liked this one compared to the last...well, I find that I can't really make such a comparison. I see the two movies together as 2/3 of a complete story; distinguishing between the two would be like saying I like the events of Chapter 2 better than those of Chapter 6. Since it doesn't make much sense to me to do that, I'm just looking at and judging the 3 movies as one entity.

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I enjoyed the movie. I did like the first one better but I thought this was a worthy follow-up. I'm not crazy about the use of digital stunt fighters. The first Neo/Smith(s) fight was a painfully obvious use of them.

8. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I liked it, but I thought some of the ending was a little wierd. I understood it and feel more comfortable with it after thinking it through a little, but the wierd thing was...
    *don't read if you haven't seen the movie!!*

How they summed up and intercut a whole part of the story all in a minute or two. I guess i was just expecting it to end there and that be in the next movie. After the movie, when I could look back on it and not have the expectation for it to cut into the next movie I guess it makes more sense and doesn't feel as rushed and awkward. And I'm sure that part won't be awkward when I see it again.

But I enjoyed the movie a lot and I thought it was good. Special effects were great, but Neo did look a little like a video game in the park fight with agent smith(s).

9. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I didn't really understand the end at first, but when I was talking about the movie with my older brother I got a clearer understanding of what happened.

10. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    ya, i know what you mean. At first I thought it may be a quick compilation of what might be in the next movie, but once you know what happens and how its intercutt and why you understand and its no longer awkward.
    I think Matrix revolutions will be good, I didn't see the trailer for it, was it after the credits or something?

11. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Yeah, it was. A lot of movies are being made with stuff after or during the credits. I just saw "Down With Love" (I thought it was great) and during the credits Ewan and either Renee or a "stand-in voice" sing.

12. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I had a great time at the meet.
    We had some new members which is always good thing. Its always great to see the real face behind the icon. Rachel we hope to see you again when you return to Boston. And I hope your friend will consider joining too. :)
    If she hasn't already.

I did enjoy the movie but I do miss Agent Jones and Brown. I don't really like the new agents as much. And I miss the way the city looked in the first movie compared to now.
    I like the original better. Oh well.
    Hope to see everyone in June.

13. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    I think it's hard to judge a movie when the whole trilogy has yet to come out. It's almost judging the movie itself only half way through...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.