main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May 2005 Meet Thread: RotS screening in Danvers 5/22

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    An item on TF.N today says that Fandango will be available to theaters for booking RotS after April 20, so that's probably when we should start looking for showtimes. I'd probably have no problem with a screening around 2 PM or 4 PM on May 22nd, so if we meet up @ the Liberty Tree Mall @ noon that day, this will give us time to trip around the mall, have lunch, and check out the RL/501st guys before a 2 PM screening. Any thoughts?

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    A 2:00pm show sounds like a good plan. That should give plenty of time for lunch and wandering before the movie starts. Anyone know what time they will typically start selling the tickets? Do they start at the sound of midnight or is it later in the morning around 8:00am? If it starts at midnight maybe we should meet on the Meet-Up or Yahoo Group beforehand.

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    J_O

I think the plan is for Rosie to get everyone's tickets online through Fandango.com and then just meet up at the mall around noon. By doing it online at the earliest opportunity, it will ensure that we all get to see it together. :D

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Unfortunately I can't commit to making this screening right now. There's a high possability that my wife may have to deliver our baby 4-5 weeks early, which would put it right around the week ROTS is being released.

My suggestion would be for you guys to plan on me NOT being there and if the situation changes, I'll make arrangements to meet up with you guys there.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm in a similar boat as Mike (although not medically related). I could get notice the week before that I have to go on a trip for work and not even be around at all. I'm sure Rosie wouldn't have a problem finding someone to sell my tickets to but I still wouldn't want to put her on the hook for that. I'll just get my tickets myself and hope I make it to the same show or the next one. Either way, as long as I'm here I'll see you guys there.

Good luck to you and your wife with the delivery Mike.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks Mike!

7. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    >>Speaking of RotS, did anyone see the new TV trailer yet? I saw it Saturday night. Just another reason as to why I'm so excited for this movie

It's hard but I'm trying not to get too excited for ROTS because I don't want to be disappointed like a lot of fans seem to have been with AOTC and especially TPM. Their expectations were too high I think :)

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I saw that trailer on Saturday night!!! The whole thing with Vader on the table with Sidious speaking in the background was chilling [face_worried]. Seeing the actual on-screen transformation of Anakin is one of the things that I'm looking forward to.

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    i swear they do this on purpose! They always put the tix on sale during Celebration! lol

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Just to give this thread a **bump** and ask the question:

Tickets go on sale today at Fandango! Who's got their tickets so far?

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm holding off on tickets right now. With what's going on with my wife and her pregnancy, I can't be sure of when the little one will be arriving. It will probably be one of those things where on May 19 if all is well, I'll just schlepp down to the closest theater and see if I can score a ticket for an afternoon or evening showing.

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Rosie

I've been reading some of the other threads. Are you still going to be able to make it on the 22nd?

13. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I'll go.

14. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Richie, I honestly don't know at this point - I'll know by May 1st. There's a new situation at home right now that makes it even more important for me to be there, but I might be stuck here if I have to move to a different room and/or dorm for the summer.

I hate to be such an undependable CR at this point, during the most highly awaited month for Star Wars fans, but my life is such a mess right now. :(

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I hate to be such an undependable CR at this point,

Don't sweat it. It's like the Marines always say:

Family,
    God,
    Star Wars,
    Core [face_flag]!!!

OK OK... I know that's not how it goes [face_blush], so hopefully we'll see you there anyway.

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I thought that Fandango.com was going to be doing the pre-sale of tickets online starting April 20th, so I sent them an e-mail the other day and this is what I got in response:

"Advanced tickets for Star Wars have not yet gone on sale, and there is no date set as of
    yet. Please check our website routinely for updates."
    www.enjoytheshow.com

I know that movietickets.com started selling tickets online on either Monday or Tuesday, but they are for Showcase (and other affiliated) theaters only.

17. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    I believe it's God, Country, Star Wars(unit), CORPS.

Semper Fi.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Speaking of family, I just realaized last night that I have to be at a Christening at 3:00pm on Sunday the 22nd :oops:. So I'm not going to make it either. I'm going to try to get down there on Saturday to see the 501st and RL then catch the movie.

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Just checked the Fandango.com site to see if they started the advance sale of tickets yet, which they have =D=.

CLICK ME!!!

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Looks like it's going to be the 1:30 show for us. I'm purchasing tickets for me & my friend Ed as soon as my printer warms up. I'll also update the header post. Thanks for the "heads-up", J_O. :D

Also, do you guys want to meet @ the theater lobby or somewhere else in the mall (preferably a food court or somewhere else we can have lunch)?

21. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    The theater lobby would probably be the best place to meet. That way people can pick up their tickets and be all set well before the show, so there aren't any delays later. :)

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    What I thought. :) Header post updated.

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Giving this thread a bump with a week left until the event. I think most of you know the deal...meet @ the Loews Liberty Tree Mall theater lobby @ noon and the movie will be at 1:30. I managed to get to the "returning customer" page on Fandango.com, so I'm assuming the show hasn't sold out yet and you can still get tickets for it.

So we know who's coming, it is asked that everyone who will be going post a reply. If this is going to be a first meet for you, I'll say right now that I'll be wearing a Boston Rebels t-shirt (although I don't know if it'll be the white one or the blue one yet) and I wear glasses, so I should be rather easy to spot. I am coming up from Brockton, however, so I could be late.

We hope to see everyone next week. :D

24. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    i'll cya Sunday 5/22 @n00n. Liberty Tree is a wee bit out of my way but then again, i'm not coming from Brockton =). count me in. i just bought my tix.

it doesn't look like it is the digital version, so just so you all know, it may be missing a scene.FYI.

25. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005

Even though I'm not a member of the Boston group and am a new recruit to the RI crew I'd like ot join you all for the viewing and your meeting on Sun the 22nd, membership with your group as well would be fun, Rosie has been very nice in indoctrinating me into the whole Boston/RI FF world and I think it would be a blast !! Please let me know any particulars about what I should bring do etc, I'll be driving up so I can afford a ride home to somebody, I have a truck so can possibly squeeze 2 people in if need be :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.