main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May 2013 meeting

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Apr 30, 2013.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    At our last meeting at Starfest, we tentatively scheduled our May meeting for May 18th at 2 PM at our usual Village Inn near I-25 and Colorado.
    I understand that this is the same time as Costume-Con. Did we want to keep this day? Or perhaps shift it to Sunday the 19th?

My thought is to keep it, but I don't know how many people were planning on going to a convention that costs $75 for the weekend and don't want them to have to pick.

Thoughts?

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'm hoping to go to Costume Con, but if I do, it will likely only be on Saturday.

3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I would be able to come on the 18th, but I won't get there until 3:00pm. I just don't have $30 at the door for one day at costume con (and I didn't see any panels I'm interested in anyway).

4. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I can be there but will have to leave by 3pm. Should we move it to another weekend when more people are able to make it?

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Alas, the weekend after, May 25th, is Tom/@corran_r9 House Party. The weekend after that is Denver Comic Con. Perhaps we can have an informal meeting at Tom's house?

Should we just skip the May meeting?!? Heresy, I know!!

6. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    With all the work we have put in for recent events and upcoming events, taking a break might not be a bad idea....

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    If there's something super important, we can mention it at Tom's or at DCC (or, ZOMG -- make a thread here!), but otherwise, we've been running nonstop for quite a while and I don't think we need an official meeting this month.

FanForced likes this.
  8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I will be in Vegas that weekend, so I have no preference. Unless, we can figure out how to do the meeting over skype or live stream. :p

9. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I will be w jana down at the Dallas ComicCon.

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I like the skype/live stream idea! :D

catz44 likes this.
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Although doing a meeting via Skype would be cool, I don't think we're quite ready for that as it's pretty chaotic already in person and doing that would up the factor by 10 at least!

I'll post on our FB page that we're considering skipping the meeting and see what feedback we get over there or directed over here.

catz44 likes this.
  13. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I won't be able to make a meeting in May but I'll keep up with ya'll on the boards.

14. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    Won't be able to make the 18th (presenting my research that day!) but Sunday I'm available. Also will be at BBQ and DCC.