main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton May 7th Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by liannb, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Theres a show in Calgary Sunday May 7th, is anyone interested in going down for it?

2. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I would like to. Do you think this would be a weekend thing, or maybe just a day trip?

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Only if I could split a room between me and a few people. That's the only way I could afford it.

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sorry, I forgot I got this last week. My email piled up on me. Anyway:

Hello Indigo_Jade & Rogue Thunder,

I'm one of the event coordinators for the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, and I'm looking for a little help from all the Star Wars groups in Calgary & Edmonton. I'm looking for people that have costumes, and would be willing to volunteer at our show to work 'security'. It would be interesting element to add to our show.

The other thing, we've just signed on
    [I won't post who it is as they haven't announced it on their site yet*] to be a guest at our show. It's not officially announced yet on our site, but that will be happening mid-next week. So, any help in terms of promoting the show would be greatly appreciated. We'd be happy to give you guys some space to set up at the show.

The show's will be on Sunday May 7th, in Calgary at the Big Four Building on the Stampede Grounds. We'll have over 30,000 sq feet of exhibit space, and lots of special guests in comics, anime, animation, gaming, and sci-fi.

Let me know if you guys are willing to help out, and we can brainstorm a bunch of ideas! I will also be setup at the Edmonton Toy & Comic show on March 12, so we can talk there if you guys are attending.

Best Regards,

Kandrix Foong
    Event Coordinator
    www.calgaryexpo.com

*PM me if you wanna know. It's a biggie! ;)

ED: Anyway, I thought it was going to be a multi-day events, but it looks like it won't be, so a hotel won't be necessary. I got it confused with Con-version for some reason. [face_blush]

Sorry again for forgetting to post this.

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i think we could just do it as a day trip :)

6. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I would really like to go:) I will have to see what my mom says closer to the date.

I'm looking for people that have costumes, and would be willing to volunteer at our show to work 'security'. It would be interesting element to add to our show.

What does he mean by security? Like, just as it sounds? We would be security?

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Probably like the 501st at Celebration III. In other words you wouldn't be expected to put yourself in any kinda danger should a situation occur. You just report it and the real security would come along. You'd basically be doing crowd control, directing lines, helping people if they're lost. Basically just having visible people in cool costumes to attract more people to the event.

8. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    I'm a definite in. ;)

Jarrett-maybe you can come up on the bus to see me. Start talking real nice to people with cars. lol :D

Jarrett and i would need to catch a ride with someone.

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i think we'll probably need a couple of people with vehicles going down.

10. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Just to let you guys know. I'm not 100% sure. But I believe the guest is Peter Mayhew.

11. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Sounds cool. There was one guy who was lost at the Toy and Comic Show. He wasn't even inside LOL. I was outside cooling down and he asked hwere to go. So I took him.

Talk nice to people with cars eh? I can kiss up good:p

12. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    It's going to be fun guys! The 501st will be there.

Very much looking forward to it!

13. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    i am in :D

banana :cool:

14. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I hope many of you can come down for this. It should be a lot of fun!

The day before is "free comic book day" so many of us will be in costume at one of the local comic shops. Consider it a mini mall walk. More info as that develops.

15. Sullust_Lord

Sullust_Lord Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2006
    Excitement..heh..Adventure...any Jedi craves not these things..you are wreckless....so was I if you remember...I'm wreckless too...Lets Go!

I was wondering....would costumes be manditory??...Otherwise...i'm bantha fodder

Domino_Leia.SHAAK_GG..did you know my car did the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs?...it will go .2 past light speed...we would sure be able to avoid any imperial entanglements.

Do I smell road trip maybe?

16. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    lol

We haven't that much with us. But we could pay you two thousand
    now, plus fifteen when we reach Alderaan...er, Calgary.

I thought it was man flesh that I smelled, but then I kinda thought about it, and decided it smelled more like a road trip. Yup, defiitely road trip, definitely.

We would have room in the car for one more person, or two jawas.:D

17. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    If I can get that day off then I'm in

Now it'ds just getting it

Mini mall walk..cool
    :>?) I don't mind doing 'security' as long as I can get a look at some of the stuff and Peters autograph

18. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm going to try and be there...

19. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Kent...is that the mall that the 501st do the Free Comic Book Day at? I BELIEVE there have been some trouble with us wandering in that mall.....but I could have the wrong mall. Might want to check with Scot on that one just to make sure. There is one mall in Calgary that really, really dislikes costumed people there. As in been asked to leave there.

20. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Truly amazing. I have only seen that piece of junk in action once, and you never did makw the jump to lightspeed:(

Hopefully not Jawas. If we leave the ship for a minute they might try to get away with it and then sell it:p

21. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    ahhh, good point shaak.

we have room for one more person, or two ewoks.

are ewoks okay? they don't steal stuff as far as i know.

22. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Ewoks? They are OK. We might need to have a shiny object they think is God though:p

23. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ok my boss gave me the day off so I'm in!!!

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    okay, so this is coming up really fast, we need to know who all is in, who's driving, who needs rides? Berx do you have the e-mail address of the person who sent you the information so we can find out what time they want us there and if there is a change room etc, i can contact them if you want?

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'd email, but because I'm moving it might be more expedient if you did it incase I'm offline for awhle.

Their email's infa@calgaryexpo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.