May 7th Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by liannb, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ms_ventress Jedi Knight

star 3
    like those British ladies say... Absolutley Fab-ulous... darlin'
  2. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    If anyone else still needs a ride down on Sunday morning, let me know. Also, where are we supposed to meet and at what time? (Or did I miss that somewhere in the thread because I'm blind?)
  3. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    we don't have a time and meeting place yet. still waiting to hear back from organizers

edit: Steve you'll probably just have to get there when it opens cause you aren't on the list I sent to the organizers, and those not on the list have to pay regular admission to get in, and the deadline is past to add anyone else to the list. it starts at 10 at the big four building on the stampede grounds, i guess you can just meet up with us inside :)
  4. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    What? :( And here I thought I said, on the board, that I was going back in March.... Oh well. Too late now.
  5. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that Liann didn't put your name on the list because you said:
    which isn't really concrete, and there weren't any other posts from you.

:)
  6. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Steve,

They just asked us for our list so I'll put your name down with us. You've helped us a lot so it's the least we can do.
  7. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sorry Steve, i asked for confirmations from everyones a couple times since then and you never posted again so i didn't think you were coming.
  8. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry Liann. It's no problem. And thank you Ang. It's much appreciated. [face_blush]
  9. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    when are we leaving saturday
  10. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i was thinking around noon or whatever works for everyone. it'll take some time to pick everyone up.
  11. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    No worries....between the two groups we'll make sure that everyone is accounted for!
  12. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    If I do come up, I will come up on the Greyhound Saturday. It gets in around noon. Maybe, I could just be picked up at the depot?
  13. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah noonish sounds alright which depot the one downtown?

14. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys,
    I've been organizing the table for our booth at the show, but apparently the co-ordinator mentioned to Angela that our two FF's were sharing it?? Was this discussed with you? I wanted to check with you first, before I contact Kandrix about it. We've got quite a bit of stuff already, and I'm just wondering about space. Do you have much stuff?

Thanks.
  15. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI folks....I don't know if this is something you already know or if it's something you might want to look in to. We (the 501st) were just given our "duties" so to speak and it was mentioned in that email that we had a table and that the Edmonton and Calgary Fan Force are sharing a booth. I just thought I'd mention it.

I've mentioned this to the Calgary folks....they weren't aware so I assume you guys aren't either.
  16. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He never mentioned anything to me about it, so its news to us, we never planned on having a table or bringing anything done for one. The first i heard about it was Angelas post on the calgary boards :)
  17. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I guess I won't bother contacting him then, since it's a non-issue. If you'd like, we can put some of your business cards on the table, just so folks know there's a chapter in Edmonton too.
  18. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you not want to come up on Friday? Are you bringing the tapes? I need an X-Files fix!
  19. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks echosevin.

i'll probably start picking everyoone up a little bit earlier then so we can be at the depot for when jarretts bus gets in at noon
  20. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, maybe mom can bring them up if she picks me up. As it is now, I will have an FX Saber, a backpack, and a sack with all my hotel stuff (clothes, shaving kit, etc) and I really don't want to bring any more. I will get them to you sometime though.
    Picking me up at the depot will just be easier, I hate going on the ETS with all my heavy stuff.

Yup, that'll be mighty fine. Thankee.:)
  21. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay Jarrett.

I have to take Frodo to the vet on Saturday (May 6) morning, and I will do that as early as I can. Do you have an expected time of when you're gonna be by to pick me up Liann?

I'm getting excited.:D

22. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Ditto.:D
  23. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    probably at about 11:50, does the bus come in at exactly noon?
  24. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Give or take a few. The earliest was noon, and I think the latest was like 12:15 or so.
  25. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Jarrett did u say shaving kit?

Dude I don't even take a shaving kit.

I think we could leave soem cards on the calgary table and check in witht hem every so often. Might be people from edmonton down there checking it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.