main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson MAY 9TH FWHS ORCHESTRA CONCERT - Vader speaks!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by thatsMISTERwookiee, Apr 18, 2007.

1. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Who is good at doing a James Earl Jones impersonation?

Location: Flowing Wells High School, 3725 N. Flowing Wells Road
    Site: FWHS Auditorium (see attached map)
    Time: Concert starts at 6:00 PM, we need to be there by 5:00 PM, AT THE LATEST, for a walk-through. The entire concert will run about an hour and fifteen minutes. The Star Wars music will be toward the end of the concert. It is a program of music from various movie soundtracks.

[image=http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/thatsMISTERwookiee/May9th.jpg]

YELLOW is parking
    BLUE is the location of auditorium and shows back entrance inside building.
    RED X shows best parking location.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Here is the rough draft of the performance:

Before any SW music is played, Band Director(BD) introduces newest member of his staff, in charge of quality control.
    (MUSIC: Imperial March) Darth Vader(DV) comes on stage. BD turns band over to DV, exits stage. DV proceeds to tell band he finds their quality lacking. Band member objects, DV force-chokes him, then asks rest of band if DV has made himself clear. With a resounding "Sir, YES, Sir!" from the band, BD comes back onstage wearing black Sith/brown Jedi robe and red lightsaber, tells his "apprentice" that he has done well, to which DV replies,"Thank you, my master." DV then exits stage to Imperial March music.
    BD then conducts SW music with lightsaber, Vader, Chewie, Stormtrooper come out on stage, various Jedi and Sith come out from side entrances, with lightsabers ablaze, to walk among crowd.

Finetuning to this draft will be done as we get closer to May 9th, but that is the rough outline of what will happen. Now I need a head count. Who will be there with me?

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Unless unforseen thing happen I will show.

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    eh.....meh, ugh great, now I have to find a voicechanger that sounds somwhat like Vader! Will Vader have the mic? Would prerecorded Vader snippets be better?

The big problem is that the general public doesnt realize there is NO VOICECHANGER THAT SOUNDS LIKE VADER IN EXISTENCE! So there is no way anything I do will 1. Make the wearer sound like James Earl Jones 2. NOT sound muffled coming from inside the helmet.

I* can have a voicechanger (not the toy one) but keep those things in mind

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Anyone hare have a beltpack PA? The headphone amp kind that for guitar? That would work as a voice amp and they have graphic EQ or pich control we can use to deepen the voice. I used to have one, I'd have to see if I still do. I've not seen it in 15 years.

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Im going to give this a shot. Per the sith training temple, itsd good and small, but ot entirely accurate.

http://www.velleman.be/ot/en/product/view/?id=362322

7. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Please keep in mind that we can always do it(Vader's voice) the George Lucas Way. Since nobody could see Prowse's lips moving under the mask, he could use JEJ's voice for Vader.

We could have someone offstage speaking Vader's lines for him, while Onstage Vader goes through the physical routines. So, again I ask, who does a good JEJ impression?

Or, if somebody is good with sound editing, we could POSSIBLY phrase the Band Director's dialog so that we could use snippets of Vader's voice from the films.

8. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    well i have a wireless mic, remember i had it on yoda at the zoo. its a headset so we would have to get it inside the helmet, or use it for the person offstage, whichever. it has about a 50 ft range and uses a 9volt battery in the mic (and i suck at JEJ impersonations lol)

9. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I'll be in Tucson that day anyway since I have a friend going in the hospital that day for surgery. Jeannie, she came to a couple meetings with me, is having the pins taken out of her back. So, if all goes well after I see her, and can meet you guys there. I'll more than likely just wear one of my Jedi outifts, that way if I'm running late I don't have to try and get into armor.

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Pins taken out? From a broken verteba (sp)? I hope she's OK.

11. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    No, not actually broken, taken out completely. The first surgery 2 years ago, the doctor removed the vertebrae, but failed to make sure it was properly supported. So that lead to the 2nd surgery, which they built a cage around that particular one with titanium screws. Now they think it'll be fine and help reduce her pain if they just take them out. My question is, does that heal, there doesn't seem to be any support left if they take them out, but I'm no doctor.

Oh, forgot to ask earlier, are they still wanting us to perform some sort of duel?

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    WOW, that's has to be tramatic, both physacal and emotionally. The human body can heal, you just have to be mindfull of it's condition. It's quite a amazing machine. As long as it's taken care of. Then again, I have parts in my neck and spine that was suposed to be "fixed" but never was and they have never healed. So I really don't know what I"m talking about. Just hopefull I guess.

Duel? no clue.

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Depends on who and how many people show up.

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

Tell her the TFF is pulling for her, but hey metal appendages arent all that bad! [face_devil]

15. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Thanks Dustin, I will. :) And Jack, I'm up for a duel. So once we know who'll be there, maybe I can come the Sunday before ,and get together with everyone interested and work out something that will look cool. Mandalore and I have been doing some dueling down here so I'm getting some practice in. [face_devil]

I'd like to try and come up the Monday and Tuesday before, but classes are ending on those 2 days.

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

I will talk to the Band Director in the next couple of days and see if/how we could stage a duel in the auditorium. Part of the problem might be the orchestra will be playing the main theme and the love theme from AOTC. I'll keep people posted, but you are right. IF we have a duel, it WILL NEED TO BE CHOREOGRAPHED so nobody gets hurt.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    We need a few dry runs I think. Just to be safe.

18. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Agreed. And since I have finals the 7th and 8th. The only time for me to get up there is the weekend, which may not be enough time, so I'll just bow out now of the duel.

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    it would be cool if the duelists cam eout of the door already fighting as if the duel started elsewhere and spilled out into the auditorium

20. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Yes, that would be cool, but the band director and myself talked about it today, and seeing as the music(Main Theme and Love Theme) doesn't really go with a duel, and seeing as we don't have any choreographed duels we can use, we both decided against adding a duel to the performance.

21. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    so no duel, bummer, o well its probably for the best, but this idea will work for another event, so we should still think about it and get something together in case we need it. so we still want the headset mic right? any idea who can do the JEJ voice??? that needs to get worked out and a speach correographed with whomever is in the vader costume and the band director. o and sorry i missed the movie screening guys.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    From the responses so far I take it the only people showing up for this are as follows:

Jack
    Damian
    Dustin
    Tina
    Steve

If anybody else is going to show up, please post. I am not psychic, merely psycho...=P~

23. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Me.. [face_worried]

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

25. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005