main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson MAY/APRIL MEETING (thread name to be changed)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Apr 25, 2007.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Is everyone okay with the 10AM time

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm am OK with that time. Is it still on the 5th and do we have a change of venue or is it the same as of now?

3. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I personally say it all depends on the 501st event possibility...

4. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Its kind of ironic that we can't decide on a meeting time, and are all unorganized, what with what is supposed to haqppen at this meeting

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    What's the irony?

I think this meeting was mostly to discuss and figure out how to organize ourselves. :D

We as a group and our members have been too busy as of late, it happens. It'll all work out.

6. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Where is it being held, the library again?

I dont see the disorganizatin at all, we simply didnt have an April meeting becuase we wanted to keep the last weekend of the month open for teen challenge, but since that fell through, we are now deciding on where to have the next one. So far its been a successful year, with some great events.

I posted a promo flyer ont he photobucket site. If anyone is going anywhere it can be left or psoted like bookmans or a comic shop please print one out.

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Banner/TFFflyer3.jpg]

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Dude, that's a good idea but it draws the eye all over the place, just too busy.

I'm not dissin it, I can't do any better. Just an observation.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    however.. for our purposes busy works.. it is eyecatching and it will draw attention to it and people will pick it up. If it were not busy then it might be overlooked. Though IF you wanted you could leave off the "For pictures of past events monthly meeting date and times" as once they get to the website they will automatically see what is available on the website anyway.

I want more laminate sheets so I can hang a few of these pemanantly and not worry about them becoming damaged.

When I printed it... I could not figure out how to center the image. I lost part of the right side of the image.. I lost "ies" on parties and "ing" on costuming and "ore" on more. Also again we have to remember I am the image illerterate one in the group.. I would like to have it be a bit larger, but when I try to enlarge the image it does not work....[face_worried] I'm sure it is just me.. oh well.. I have printed two of them but I want to hold off on printing more till I can get a full image on the page, lest I lose all my black ink.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    ll jsut email it to you Cat, Photobucket resizes the images and sometimes they get all weird.

I wanted it to be known we have had events, and we are not just starting up

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    how do the masses feel about making this meeting much later in the day after the Phoenix event or making it the following day (sunday) for this meeting?

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    This "mass" is easy either way.

12. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    late afternoon on Sunday would be ok

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Kat, Anakinaholic wants to know if you are coming to Phoenix on the 5th for the walkathon for the little boy named Austin with Leukemia, she plans on being there and is hoping you will come :)

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I missed where this will happen

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Good point, I have no clue either... was it even posted?

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    which part did you miss.. part of what you are seeing in this thread is coming off of planning from the phoenix fan force boards if you are missing the part about the walkathon. The Phoenix Fan Force is finalizing plans for who will be attending since the event is a week away and they are trying to get a number for how many folks are going to be there.

Anakinaholic is in on the planning in the phoenix fan force if that is the part you did not see anywhere specifically. :) Which is why I posted it here so that Kat would see it.

Jack already came over to the Phoenix boards and posted about the event :)

17. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

No offence meant to anyone, but the Phoenix boards seem to be the only location where we non-501st, non-chapter reps can find out any info on this leukemia walk the rest of you keep talking about.

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    The 501st guys don't know much either, I hit the PHX FF boards to find out more info.

19. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Sunday is bad for me personally I work 10am-8pm but dont let me hols everyone back.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Jack mentioned to me that the part he thought you were all missing was where the meeting would be.. I badly assumed it would still just be at Damian's house at a different time and did not bother to post that part of my assumption.. sorry about that.. however, Chris has mentioned that sunday for a meeting is not that good for him.. so.. how is saturday evening for everyone after the saturday event in Phoenix.. or do we just want to wait and see how the Phoenix event goes and what time it wraps and decide then....or.... any other ideas?? I'm open to suggestions...

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    From my point of view: I don't care if it's here or what time... I just need a bit of advanced warning so I can clean up.

I'm still not sure if I can go to the event... it depends on if I'm working Friday and what time I can leave the job site. I've been getting home from work @ 1:30 AM and too tired to drive myself to PHX after. I won't have an idea of my status till later in the week.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well several of us could car pool to phoenix and you would not have to drive at all.. that is just a suggestion though. I was thinking of riding with Jack myself and leaving my car for Jake to use for work, but perhaps someone else would be able to go that would be able to drive and hold more folks in their vehicle.. or perhaps Jake would be able to get a ride from his mom to work that day and I could be back in time to pick him up that night, then I could drive us over.

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I guess what I was saying is that if I do get out of work at 2:30 Am (or so) I won't be driving up. I don't believe anyone wants to leave for PHX @ 5:00 AM for the 8:00 AM start of the event.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    ah.. okay, I see what you are saying. I had not really thought about that aspect of it. I don't much mind really myself, but if you have been at work till 2am that makes it a bit more ugly to deal with. blech..

25. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Well, I don't mind leaving early in the Am as long as I get a shower and change of clothes after work I'm OK.