main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC May meeting: 5/15/04 3pm, Jefferson Falls Park mini-golf

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Doesn't look like we're having an actual April meeting as we have other things going (EFF, Sewing for Dummies). So, let's start figuring out the May meeting. Any suggestions for date/place?

The first weekend in May is out for me. And I imagine Memorial Day weekend would be bad, as people tend to have plans for that weekend. (Not me, but most 'normal' people. Heh.)

-----------------------------------------

EDIT: The May meeting will be held at the Jefferson Falls mini-golf in Falls Church. We will meet at 3pm by the entrance to the mini-golf (where you buy tickets).

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    and the 9th is Mother's Day...

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm out of town first two weekends. 3rd Saturday is busy, but I'm probably free any other time. Do we want to do a Friday night again?

4. PadawanRoo

PadawanRoo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    well Balticon's in may... how many people are hitting that up?

I'm getting together a crew to split a room if anyone's interested. Anyway that's memorial day, so I'm out then.

Other than that... well Saturday day is no good, and I'm in driver school tues, weds, and thurs nights (I swear there isn't a single one of these videos that wouldn't benefit from a good c'thulu raising...).

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll be at Balticon - Saturday and Sunday at least.

No real idea what my schedule for May looks like - I do know the 22nd is no good for me. But we're not going anywhere except Balticon. That I know of.

6. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    May is so far good for me, but i need to know soon. please thank you.

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    The weekend before Memorial Day weekend is Wizard World East, so that weekend is out for Jeff and me.

The rest of the month looks good at this point for us I think. Jeff correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    May looks clear for me, too.

9. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Anytime in May is good for me except for these three dates:

May 1st as I'll be on an airplane coming back home.

May 9th - Mother's day

May 22nd - Choir performance.

Everything else is fine and all sundays except for Mother's day is fine with me as well.

Velvetdragon

10. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    The 15th seems to be looking good, assuming we want to go with a Saturday. The harder part is figuring out the 'where'.

11. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    the 15th is good for me... :)

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm free that whole weekend of the 15th.

Maybe we can meet someplace that has something fun to do, like mini-golf?

13. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Heh, we could do the meeting at Six Flags.

14. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    The 15th sounds good but not going to Six Flags, sorry but I just went to a con and am going to another con the weekend after the 15th, something has to give!!! [face_laugh]

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I too vote for something cheap and easy. [insert your own joke here, I'm too tired to do it for you] I'll look around for something fun.

16. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Fine... "I'm ALWAYS looking for something cheap and easy". Anyway I agree, I'm taking it easy on my wallet as I have BIG plans for summer vacations and such.

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    A Six Flags trip would be fun, but perhaps for another time when everyone isn't so busy! My May is already booking up as well... :)

Eugenia, I like the mini-golf idea. We should get outdoor activities going now before it gets way too hot to do them. :)

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I know of at least one in Falls Church, I'll look into others as well. (there is, apparently, a Star Wars themed one somewhere on the Outer Banks but that's too far to go.)

19. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    there is, apparently, a Star Wars themed one somewhere on the Outer Banks

Well, there probably WAS one there until you just tipped off Lucaslaw. hehe

Actually, mini-golf does sound like a cool idea. Just to throw in another suggestion, what about Dave & Busters?

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Actually we did D&B sometime last year. I'd be up for going there again sometime, maybe in the summer since it's inside and air conditioned. :D

21. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Hi all!

I've been wanted to play some mini-golf for a while now and got a bit of a fix when I was down in Orlando earlier this month. I did a few quick searches and found a couple of Mini-Golf websites

http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/parks/minigolf/
    http://www.mgho.com/links/virginia.htm

We should be able to find one in an acceptable location and probably can get some group rates as well.

Hope to see you all again at the May meeting.
    I'll also be up at the Mont. Co. fairgrouds for the AmeriCon event

MTFBWY!

22. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Thanks for the links, Other Jeff. :D

I'm liking the mini-golf idea. Anyone have a preference as to where go? I don't actually think I've been mini-golfing anywhere around here before...

23. BoboeFett

Mar 15, 2004
    I actually haven't been Mini-Golfing in this area in a long time. The place I used to frequent as a kid (hmm.. when I was younger is better.. I'm STILL a kid after all!) is gone but I know there's a course on Van Dorn street south of Franconia that I've wanted to try. Other than that, the Fairfax county ones look nice. I'm all for trying the Falls Church one!

Jeff

"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb"

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The Falls Church one is nice, attached to an actual golf course for actual golfers. It can get kind of crowded with children, however. But, it's close - for metro folks, rides could be arranged easily enough.

25. BoboeFett

Mar 15, 2004
    Since I live right near by.. I'd be happy to shuttle some metro folks- either from West or East Falls Church stations!

Sounds like fun!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.