main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC May meeting: 5/15/04 3pm, Jefferson Falls Park mini-golf

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    So where's this mini golf in Falls Church? Is there a website or something? Also, is there food in the vicinity?

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    It's at Jefferson Falls Park (or something like that) - it's a Fairfax County Park with an actual golf course. It's on Lee Highway (Rt 29) near Rt. 50 (think Fairfax Hospital and Merriefield area). there's a bunch of restaurants near there that opened since the last time I was there, and it's not far to Tysons or other areas of Falls Church. I'll work on a link once I look up how to do them. Again. It's open until 10 pm which is nice and it costs adults $5.

3. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    For the link, I posted the url earlier up in the thread but here it is again:
    http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/parks/minigolf/

Only 2.5 days until the weekend!

Jeff

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Thanks guys... I didn't realize the place you were talking about was the same as on the link. Duh. :)

So, if no one objects, I say we go there on the 15th. Since it's a park, there are picnic facilities, so it should be easy to find a spot to do the actual 'meeting'. Then I will proceed to astonish everyone with my really sad mini-golfing skills. Heh heh.

5. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I am regularly beaten by a 7 year old I know, at that very course.

I'll check out the park this weekend and set a place to meet.

6. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    mini golf, sweet. with picnmic area might bring the family alright i will do my best and start saving now for this one, got no pay check with sewing one, so had no gas sorry i missed out.

7. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    ok hopefully I don't have to work that day. I'll let you know, SL.

8. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Hey, for this next meeting, I'd like ot propose a motion to make the Cantina Band song our chapter's anthem.

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    That'd be nice. We could start every meeting humming it and standing at attention.

10. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    No, that would make people think we actually had structure and order. We nned to play it while we're sitting down drinking our root beers. ;)

11. BoboeFett

Mar 15, 2004
    Heh.. cool.. I'm all for the theme song...

I'm actually thinking of making a Bith costume for CIII next year.. actually have a working instrument to play..

Enjoy the weekend,

Jeff

12. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Believe it or not, I may be able to make this one! BTW, I just read that GL's 60th birthday is 5/14. We should have a cake!

13. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Believe it or not, I'm actually off every Saturday this month! :D

So, I may actually make it to this meeting! :D

I'll think it over, and let you all know for sure before time for the meeting. :)

14. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Well last night, jet lagged and tired, my mother informed me that I've been volunteered to watch a booth at the International Gem and Jewelry show the weekend of the 13th. Dang it. Though I might get a nice pretty piece of jewelry out of it, I might not be able to come to the meeting. I'll let you know, its up in the air. I'll know more as we get closer to it.

Incidentally, any of you who are beaders or just like jewelry and like to see variety, the gem show is a nice place to visit. It will be at the dulles convention center in Chantilly.

Velvetdragon
    Chrissy

15. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    So have we picked tghe time and plkace yet? ive been out of the loop.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    We have a place (Jefferson Fall mini-golf in Falls Church); we do not have the exact time/meeting spot yet. I believe Eugenia was going to scope out the place for us...?

17. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    do we have a back up in case of rain?

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    We get wet?

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I didn't get a chance to scope out the exact meeting spot - right now I'd suggest we just meet at the entrance, where there's tables. I will hopefully get to go out there this afternoon if I leave work early. Then I can also scope out a rain spot too.

20. BoboeFett

Mar 15, 2004
    Hi all!

I'd like to request that the meeting be held in the afternoon sometime as I have a rehearsal from 10-12 on the 15th (and since the DCSWCC meeting is at 9:30!! the week before I can't make that either, and I need my SW fix!)

Just my final thoughts this fine Tuesday night.

Jeff

*In case I forget, remind me to regale you all with my latest tale of IT user stupidity at the meeting (it really made my day today!)*

21. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I work the 15th. I have not made my reservations for Balticon I have to see if I am off. Sorry I guess when you all see me next I will be ancient.

22. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Pity the meeting isn't this weekend, Sha - you could take out my stitches and we could make it a Fan Force Event!

23. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    we are never going to get to see Sha. :(

when aren't you working? we should get together!

24. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am off the following weekend. I am also off during the week. We really do need to get together somewhere even if for dinner and a hello. Maybe i could come to where all of you live and we could meet somewhere soon.

25. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Anyone have a preference over what time we meet? 1pm as usual? Or maybe later in the afternoon. Does anyone care? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.