main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC May meeting: 5/15/04 3pm, Jefferson Falls Park mini-golf

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Well. My day hasn't gone as planned and it doesn't look like I can make it. Poo. :(

I'll have to make sure I get the day off for the picnic in a few weeks. :)

Catch ya all later.

2. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    We're sorry you didn't make it, Dan~ >_< You better be at the picnic or we'll all have to quit! :D

As for scores --- I don't know about other groups but we had some pretty high ones. Our highest was obviously Zak, with his 69. *cackles*

3. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    My lucky number! :D ;)

edit~ And I like that you acknowledged that you had some pretty high ones... ;) p~~~~~~~

4. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    After yesterday, I know we're all ready for the pro-min-golf circuit, if only to cause disruption and chaos. Which it needs.

To sum up: We arrived, loitered and began annoying the kid handing out the clubs and balls (imagine the pimply faced teenager on the Simpsons). We resisted temptation and didn't raid the kiddie birthday party for juice boxes, though we were pretty sure we could take them on and win. Chaos reigned as we tried to figure out teams. We determined that we're all pretty bad and no one (except a few determined atheletes) really knows the rules. Zak started taking off his clothes, Mace went in the flower beds though it was forbidden, and as soon as we saw the guy (same teenager that we angered before) fishing balls out of the pond, many of us managed to accidentally knock ours in.

Then, in classic GS form, it took us about 2 hours to decide where to go for dinner.

5. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'll post the minutes today...I have to decode my horrible handwriting first. :p ;)

6. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Ok...

Summary of 5-15-04 GS meeting:

GS Picnic- Wendy suggested inviting other groups to the picnic on June 5th. The 501st, DCSWCC and Phat were mentioned. Everyone agreed to her suggestion. Also, PM her ASAP to let her know if you are coming and what you will be bringing to the potluck. :)

DCSWCC- Roger informed us that the DCSWCC will be having a social on July 17th. Post in the DCSWCC thread if interested. Or contact Roger (Darth_Stalker)as he is a member of the DCSWCC. :)

Godzilla- The original Godzilla is playing in DC at the Kennedy Center until May 20th. The it will be showing at the American Film Institute until June 3rd. There was talk of going as a group. :)

Sewing For Dummies- Since the first session was a success, there will be another session in July or August, before DragonCon. :)

Upcoming Cons

Balticon ? May 28-31, Baltimore, MD Balticon Beware! Readers as far as the eye can see!!

Shore Leave ? July 9-11, Hunt Valley, MD

DragonCon ? Sept. 3-6, Atlanta, GA DragonCon

CapClave ? October ? DC area. More info as con approaches!

Please see the 2004 Convention Fun thread for more details!

National Institute of Health showing of Star Wars- The NIH will be having a free film festival this summer. On August 13th, Star Wars aka A New Hope will be shown! :D

The PITT-Kennywood Day- The Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh has cordially invited the GS to attend the PITT_Kennywood Day on Sunday, August 1, 2004. Check the thread for more information. :)

Busch Gardens- We are looking at October for our now-annual trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

Logos- Big thanks to Zak and Charles for their help designing possible logos. We voted on our favorites and will post the favorite choice in the near future.

Celebration 3- There is talk of reserving rooms for C3 with other FanForces so we can get a group rate.

Ken2's Drive-In Movie night- Ken2 will be having a drive-in movie night at his home. He has invited everyone to join him. Please see his thread for more details.

Finally, after business was discussed, we headed for the mini-golf course where there was major fun to be had. :D

Lastly, We would like to welcome Erin and John into the GS! It is nice to have you! :D

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Man i always miss the good meeetiungs,

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Jeff, Zak and Jon here is the link I promised you Saturday night. Sorry it took me soo long to post it

The Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.